Americas Best Value Inn Macomb
$86
Canton Inn(Canton)(Great Value!)
$62
$53
All reviewsplace to staybottled waterexcellent locationfront desk staffmaconmotel
Reviewed November 4, 2010

yes, we got best deal close to the WIU , we requested one hrs late c/o with out any extra
payment. breakfast included and parking close to the room
what els we should expect with cleane room and working HBO

thanks to WIU advisor for guide us ..

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed November 3, 2010

I stayed here last minute because the Hampton Inn and Best Western were booked. What a huge mistake! The room appeared OK at first but after getting settled in I really got to see the real deal. The sheets and pillow cases looked like someone cleaned there shoes with them. The pillows actually smelled like someone had drooled on them the night before after smoking cigarettes. There was trash under the bed and in between the nightstand and the bed. The tack strip between the bathroom and bedroom was fully exposed just waiting to give someone tetanus. Fortunately I was wearing shoes when I felt the tacks grab hold of my shoe botttom. The carpet looked like it wasn't vacuumed in quite a while. The room smelled very musty like old mold. The bar next door was loud with people outside smoking and raising hell. WHATEVER YOU DO, AVOID THIS DUMP AND STAY SOMEWHERE ELSE. I checked out first thing in the morning and stayed the next 2 nights at the Super 8 (once again because the only higher end hotels, Hampton and BW, were booked all weekend. Super 8 was much cleaner than the Americas Best Value. The health department should pay this hotel a visit.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business
2  Thank gotravel_like_me
Reviewed September 16, 2010

I stayed here for one week with my family before the school started. I'm so impreseved about this hotel. it was a very clean hotel with an extra courteous staff.
Very helpful and professional front desk, and very conveniently located to attractions withing city. Staff was very friendly and went above and beyond expectations. every thing it was in walking distance many restaurants and stores close to the hotel. also, it is 3 minute from WIU, Close to everything. We loved the breakfast buffet that was included with the room.
We enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
2  Thank jordan122
Reviewed August 28, 2010

WIU Parents use only if nothing else is available!!! Old hotel that needs more than a coat of paint to fix it up. Rooms are all detached from lobby (if you can call it a lobby) The walk to your room is down a creepy hallway.
Pulled the covers down on the bed and found a dead bug under the pillow.
Continental breakfast a joke, probably get better food at the WIU cafeteria.
Advertises internet and WI FI but it only works in the lobby, and you really don't want to sit there.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
3  Thank rusty070
Reviewed August 1, 2010

This weekend I attended a wedding in Macomb. We stayed at the America's Best Value Inn. This morning, I awoke to a roach in the bed and two on the bathroom floor. My friend stayed in another room and she awoke to a roach on the wall. The worked on duty explained that there is a roach problem in the hotel. Management didn't want to refund any monies. He only wanted to give us a discount on our next stay...that was unacceptable! I will be contacting the corporate office on Monday morning.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family