“Not for people with asthma”
Review of Super 8 Macomb

Super 8 Macomb
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Macomb
Reviewed November 12, 2010

I asked to see the room to be sure it was safe for my wife who has asthma. The smoke smell in the non smoking hallway was so strong I knew she would have an asthma attack before we got to the room. The poor appearance of the facility was the first red flag we needed to be careful. I quickly decided to go somewhere else.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank jlmslmspi

Reviewed October 3, 2010

Clean room, comfortable bed, friendly and helpful desk staff (owners?). Good wi-fi, coin-op guest laundry. Limited but acceptable breakfast offerings. Diner next door, nice cafe at the church a couple doors down. WIU is very close.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed September 29, 2008

Wow! Some of those reviews really call this place a drag. But the lady at desk was really friendly. These rooms are probably among the cleanest rooms I have stayed in. They don't have a pool but I travel on business, I don't need a pool. This place also have great internet speed. It is wi-fi and free! Their breakfast is excellent too! They put it out early by an hour because myself and my colleagues were leaving at 5:30 even though their breakfast hours are from 6 to 9. This is excellent service, never seen this before. Definitely staying here again!

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank jsp0722
Reviewed April 10, 2008

I was in Macomb for a hobbyists gathering at the university and spent zero time in the room except to sleep. However, it couldn't have been closer and the price was ok. Yes the place shows its age, but it certainly seemed clean, and everything worked properly.
Given the previous reviews I expected a dump but it clearly is not.
It ain't the Ritz, but what can you expect in Macomb, Illinois

• Stayed: April 2008
3  Thank Don-in-Delaware
Reviewed June 18, 2007

It doesn't get much more basic than this. Stayed here with my family (4 people) in July 07 to attend Cornerstone. The other review by a Cornerstone attendee was dead-on. Smelly & grungy, had to be up early to eat the "continental breakfast" of pre-packaged slightly stale danishes, etc. This is a hotel with zero amenities sitting in the middle of a bleak stretch of concrete. We didn't mind it too bad as it was better than sleeping in a tent at the fest. Employees were not rude or friendly but they got the job done. We are staying at the Econolodge this year for less money so we'll see how that goes. Based on the pictures I saw online and researching the area before we went, there were no surprises. It looks like a dump and it is but choices are few this close to Bushnell.

Stayed: July 2006
1  Thank LoveTheJourney
Reviewed October 15, 2006

I stayed at the Super 8 last weekend for WIU homecoming. The manager took my reservation at a rate of $70 per night. I understand that they raise prices on homecoming weekend. However, when we arrived at the hotel on Friday, the manager told me that she never gave me a $70 rate, and the rate was $100 per night. They gave me a confirmation number over the phone when I booked, butI never got the rate in writing. As a result, I had to pay the $100 rate because there were no rooms left in the city. We booked 2 non-smoking rooms. One room actually had a refrigerator and microwave. The other, however, smelled like a smokey bar and didn't have the frige or microwave. The showers were short, so you had to do a little backbend just to get your head under it. Overall, I am extremely disappointed by the unethical business practice and the quality of the rooms for $100 per night!

• Stayed: October 2006, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank Melissa C