Hampton Inn Macomb
$86
Canton Inn(Canton)(Great Value!)
$62
$53
All reviewswestern illinois universitycollege visitcandy barhot tubplace to staygreat hotelexercise roomfresh fruitroom was cleanfree breakfasthot breakfastbusiness centerfitness centerexcellent staydefinitely stay here againmaconwiu
Reviewed September 14, 2011

This Inn is a little more expensive but well worth it. The mattress is the most comfortable I have ever sleept on with down pillows and all!! You also get a very nice breakfast in the lobby
complimentary. The service is polite and friendly, totally a Hilton experience on a cheeper scale!!!

Room Tip: Call in 2-3 weeks in advance because they sell out quickly
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed July 28, 2011

While visiting family nearby, we were delighted with the cleanliness, considerate staff and location of Macomb's Hampton Inn. It was spotless (my favorite feature in any hotel) and appeared to be brand new. The room was comfortable and quiet, the breakfast buffet featured significant choices (tasty!) and the price was well within our budget. We'll be back!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank Socontent
Reviewed July 2, 2011

My husband and I stayed here on June 21 and 22nd and I just HAVE to tell you what a wonderful nights sleep we had!! The beds are so comfortable...we were exhausted and needed a good nights sleep in the worst way. We loved our stay here...the breakfast downstairs was very enjoyable as well. I have to commend you for the best experience in ages we've had at a hotel.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank A461Wife
Reviewed June 4, 2011

What a terrible place. Ok, sorry correction, the hotel is nice, although the breakfast was the worst I have had. There was no coffee for breakfast for 15 minutes, just decaf.
It was so much trouble when I asked for some, it was 8.15am, it's not like I was late.
The staff or lack of staff was terrible, when I arrived he was outside on his cell phone and sighed when he had to check me in.
My room had no towels, I called as soon as I arrived, he said he wold have to find out why. After 15 mins I went down and asked, he said he was waiting for the 'Head Maid' to call him back. I was furious, I don't care who's fault it is, I need ed a shower and wanted to get to bed, it was 11.45pm.
He reluctantly gave me some towels, like it was my fault.
In the morning there was no internet?? I asked why? "Oh it went down" It's 2011 don't the dim witted staff understand how business people work?
I would never stay at this hotel again, such a shame, but the staff are the worst of any Hampton period.

Room Tip: Go to another hotel
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
4  Thank WarrenG70
Reviewed May 17, 2011

We arrived in the evening on a Sunday. If you are not from Macomb and do not attend the University you should be aware that there is not much to the town. That being said, we had a nice stay at this hotel. The public areas were clean and well maintained. The room was clean and had plenty of space to move around. Nice flat screen television and great wi-fi. The sink counter in the bathroom looks great but stands higher than average - our 4'8" child had to stand on a chair in order to wash her face and brush her teeth. Fitness room was nice. While not high tech, I have seen some really bad fitness facilities with outdated/broken equipment and I can say you would definitely be able to get a decent cardio or light weight work out done with what is available. The indoor pool area was clean, well maintained, and the children seemed to have a great time there. The breakfast included bagels, waffles, cereal, fruit, pastries, yogurt, milk, juice, and coffee. The 'hot' items varied - on one day we had omelettes and on another we had eggs and sausage. Loved the free coffee! Staff was very nice, and housekeeping was very friendly. I estimate it was less than 10 minutes from the University campus. There is a grocery store across the street, and it is close to Burger King, Buffalo Wild Wings, and the movie theater. I can't imagine I'll ever have a reason to return to Macomb, but I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business