“comfort away from home” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Macomb
Chicago
“comfort away from home”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 14, 2011

This Inn is a little more expensive but well worth it. The mattress is the most comfortable I have ever sleept on with down pillows and all!! You also get a very nice breakfast in the lobby
complimentary. The service is polite and friendly, totally a Hilton experience on a cheeper scale!!!

Room Tip: Call in 2-3 weeks in advance because they sell out quickly
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Missouri / Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2011

While visiting family nearby, we were delighted with the cleanliness, considerate staff and location of Macomb's Hampton Inn. It was spotless (my favorite feature in any hotel) and appeared to be brand new. The room was comfortable and quiet, the breakfast buffet featured significant choices (tasty!) and the price was well within our budget. We'll be back!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank Socontent
Albuquerque, New Mexico
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2011

My husband and I stayed here on June 21 and 22nd and I just HAVE to tell you what a wonderful nights sleep we had!! The beds are so comfortable...we were exhausted and needed a good nights sleep in the worst way. We loved our stay here...the breakfast downstairs was very enjoyable as well. I have to commend you for the best experience in ages we've had at a hotel.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank A461Wife
Lincoln, Illinois
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2011

What a terrible place. Ok, sorry correction, the hotel is nice, although the breakfast was the worst I have had. There was no coffee for breakfast for 15 minutes, just decaf.
It was so much trouble when I asked for some, it was 8.15am, it's not like I was late.
The staff or lack of staff was terrible, when I arrived he was outside on his cell phone and sighed when he had to check me in.
My room had no towels, I called as soon as I arrived, he said he wold have to find out why. After 15 mins I went down and asked, he said he was waiting for the 'Head Maid' to call him back. I was furious, I don't care who's fault it is, I need ed a shower and wanted to get to bed, it was 11.45pm.
He reluctantly gave me some towels, like it was my fault.
In the morning there was no internet?? I asked why? "Oh it went down" It's 2011 don't the dim witted staff understand how business people work?
I would never stay at this hotel again, such a shame, but the staff are the worst of any Hampton period.

Room Tip: Go to another hotel
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank WarrenG70
Saint Louis, Missouri
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 17, 2011

We arrived in the evening on a Sunday. If you are not from Macomb and do not attend the University you should be aware that there is not much to the town. That being said, we had a nice stay at this hotel. The public areas were clean and well maintained. The room was clean and had plenty of space to move around. Nice flat screen television and great wi-fi. The sink counter in the bathroom looks great but stands higher than average - our 4'8" child had to stand on a chair in order to wash her face and brush her teeth. Fitness room was nice. While not high tech, I have seen some really bad fitness facilities with outdated/broken equipment and I can say you would definitely be able to get a decent cardio or light weight work out done with what is available. The indoor pool area was clean, well maintained, and the children seemed to have a great time there. The breakfast included bagels, waffles, cereal, fruit, pastries, yogurt, milk, juice, and coffee. The 'hot' items varied - on one day we had omelettes and on another we had eggs and sausage. Loved the free coffee! Staff was very nice, and housekeeping was very friendly. I estimate it was less than 10 minutes from the University campus. There is a grocery store across the street, and it is close to Burger King, Buffalo Wild Wings, and the movie theater. I can't imagine I'll ever have a reason to return to Macomb, but I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Phenom-mom
San Francisco
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2011

Clean, consistent, good breakfast. Staff works hard and seems to care. The suite is enormous but that also means the TV is really far away from the bed. Non-suite rooms don't have microwaves or fridges, which is unfortunate. (We didn't need all the space but we did need the fridge!)

My husband used the internet a LOT for business while we were there and didn't complain about it at all which is HIGHLY unusual, so it must have been extremely reliable. I think it was free, too. And the hotel didn't charge for printing in the business center either which was really nice.

World's noisiest HVAC system is the only problem.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank EdithW
Boston, MA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2011

It feels like a new property, with a large room and large bathroom.
Roomy walk in shower, no bath tub, I thought this was a feature over the common combo tub/shower. Free breakfast but choices minimal. Works fine if you are on business.
I liked the hotel, think it is probably the best option in town.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business