“The employees were great....that's all folks” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Rodeway Inn Lyons

Rodeway Inn Lyons
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Lyons
Kalamazoo
“The employees were great....that's all folks”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2013

When pulling up to the hotel I said this can't be it. Such a great neighbor hood and close to the Brookfield Zoo. Checking in was a great experience, I can't remember the young ladies name but she was friendly and willing to help with all questions. We get to the room and it was at least cleaned with old outdated walls, carpet, TV, curtains and air conditioning. For $65 what more could I expect but in the other subburbs outside of Chicago you get a nice updated room for that price. The remote for the tv didn't work, the phone barely worked (had to call front desk) and the air conditioner half worked. Positive things: Plenty of hot water, microwave & fridge in the room at no additional costs, nice for the 2 of us & not noisy at all.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Trenbren

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
  • Polish first
ohio
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2013

we had the misfortune of staying in this place in july 2013....air conditioner in room was leaking all over carpet. they did move us to another room but without the amenities in the previous room...even more annoy was that they rented out the same room we had the problem with to some other unfortunate people...what kind of place doesn't fix the problem in a room before renting it back out....will never return and doubt I would stay at a rodeway inn again if this is representative of their brand

Room Tip: my tip?? stay somewhere else
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank boxingroo

Travelers are raving about these Lyons hotels

Lancaster, California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2013

low quality, dirty room, tiny, towels, no wash-cloths, 1 little, tiny bar of soap. night manager could not speak-understand the English language. No heat, no service. I recommend sleeping in the park as a better choice. Never again!

Room Tip: Stay away from Rodeway.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank 36grand
New Orleans, Louisiana
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2013

This hotel couldn't get more things wrong. First they changed my reservations from double rooms to kings on a sold out night. Didn't work for 5 adults (no couples in the group). I had to call Choice Privileges main number to get the reservation corrected. The hotel literally had no heat. Turned off in the entire hotel and it was 45 degrees at night. Apparently they couldn't get the weather channel. The telephones weren't working room to room. The internet working for about 15 seconds every minute and it took over 10 minutes for the hot water to get hot. Avoid at all cost or good luck. I hope this hotel gets it's act together.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Joe K
Houston, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2012

OK, this motel is not great, but the rooms were fairly clean though there are in need of updating. This motel will serve you if you need a convenient place to stay in the area (e.g., Brookfield Zoo) and you don't want to spend too much money. There was a significant gap under the door and the towels were a bit rough; otherwise the place was OK. Surprisingly, there was little traffic noise (I expected more). The breakfast room was fine. Did not go into the pool. Just needed a convenient place to sleep.

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2012

My husband and I, along with our young adult daughter and niece, spent two nights at the Rodeway Inn. We booked at the last minute and were only able to get two smoking rooms, but they honestly weren't bad. In fact the rooms, though worn and in need of a serious update, were comfortable. The towels are indeed humorously thin and small. Breakfast was provided and was adequate (although the creamers were coagulated and I had to use the milk intended for cereal in order to manage a cup of coffee). At night, the grounds are rather dark and there were some interesting and rather noisy people coming and going, but we experienced no problems with noise overnight or with anyone bothering us. So, all in all, our stay was fine. The price was low and the location was very close to the family we were visiting. We'll likely stay there again at some point in the future.

Bloomington, IL
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2012

To start off with the positives: the room was large, clean, and the bed was very comfortable. That's about it. I won't go into the lack of bath towels that everyone else has mentioned. First, there was no soap,and when I went to get some, the girl didn't seem to care that we needed to shower right then; she kept saying, "I'll try to get you some later". My husband located a maid who told him there was no soap, but gave him shampoo. The first "big" problem came when I tried to blow dry my hair and blew out all the power in the room. While talking to the (same) girl at the desk, she seemed like it was completely normal to tell me that all the rooms on our side of the building had older wiring, and it would go out when using a blow dryer (we were in room 28). The man behind the desk actually suggested that I take my blow dryer into the pool room and use the outlet there! We finally shut off all the lights in our room so I could finish. Upon returning to the hotel later, I first noticed that there were a lot of people just hanging out in the parking lot, then realized that the only parking space was quite a distance from our room. As my husband had stayed at his family reunion and it was just me and our young child, I was nervous about this. I finally parked illegally so I didn't have to walk across the dark parking lot alone. We couldn't swim because the pool also made me uncomfortable with it's door standing wide open where anyone could wander in. My son couldn't get a bath because we had no hot water, so we just went to bed in our stuffy room (see previous posters' complaints about lack of temp. controls). I realize the room was inexpensive, but the wiring and security issues were totally unacceptable.

Room Tip: A room in another hotel is well worth the money.
2 Thank Mfamilytravel3
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lyons
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Chicago Airport West
#1 of 8 in Oakbrook Terrace
Holiday Inn Countryside
Holiday Inn Countryside
#2 of 2 in Countryside

Been to Rodeway Inn Lyons? Share your experiences!