“steak sinatre is to die for”

Nunzio's Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 75 Restaurants in Loves Park
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
colonial heights
“steak sinatre is to die for”
Reviewed November 20, 2012

Been eating here since I was a kid. now it is one of my kids favorites. I love the steak sinatre and my sons love the porterhouse. also the prime rib sandwich is amazing as well as great pizza. they also deliver, even the steak dinners.

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank marie j

Rockford IL
“Will not be back”
Reviewed October 28, 2012

Have visited this restaurant frequently for years. Food is good. The bar area is cramped. Service has always been its weak point. Wife, I and our two kids were there for dinner. Kids ordered a pizza to split. When the pzza came the kids would take a piece and put it on their plate and shake some grated cheese on it. We saw the hostess watching them she then went and got a manager/relative/owner and he stood back and watched my kids. He then saws something to the waitress and she comes over to our table and grabs the grated cheese and says that my kids have used too much and the gentleman who had been watching had told her to remove it from the table. This upse the kids and wife. I didnt' want to cause a scene in front of everybody there so we got up and left the food on teh table, paid the bill, walked out and vowed never to go back.
The kids were sprinkling cheese on each piece of pizza they put on their plate but it was an extreme amount. Nothing that caused me concern. Charge me for it you have to but to embarass a family by removing the cheese shaker from the table is down right cheap.

• Visited April 2012
5 Thank jim j
Wichita, Kansas
“Great food and spirits”
Reviewed October 26, 2012

I was in town and was told by the staff at the company we were visiting to go try the food at Nunzio's. There were three of us in the party, and decided to be seated at the bar. The bartender was very nice, took our drink order and a waitress brought us menu's. The three of us were from different parts of the US, one from Texas, one from Kansas, one from South Carolina. The menu's have quite a few choices, and the bartender gave us ideas of what to try. My friend from Texas can get a steak anytime, but wanted to try something different. The bartender suggested the steak Sinatra, which came with a salad. My friend from South Carolina had the filet and I had the Eggplant Parmigiana which as served with a salad. The food came and the portions were huge. The food was really seasoned correctly and tasted great. We each had leftovers for the next day lunch. Prices are quite resonable for quantity of food you receive.

• Visited October 2012
4 Thank Rus M
Saint Cloud, Minnesota
“Awesome pizza”
Reviewed August 13, 2012

Great pizza, I ordered the bbq chicken pizza, loaded with cheese,bbq and sliced chicken breast. The most topping i've had on a pizza in years. The crust was really good not to thin or thick overall the pizza was awesome

Visited August 2012
4 Thank Michael L
Machesney Park, Illinois
“poor service, mediocre food, terrible experience”
Reviewed July 15, 2012

We've eaten here a few times and have been very satisfied, up until this evening's visit. My husband and our two kids took my brother and his family from Missouri for what we hoped would be a great dining experience. The service was awful. There were 8 of us in our party, 4 of which being children. We waited for a long time to be seated, though we were patient due to our larger group. They sat us in a back room with 3 square tables pushed together close to a wall. The waitress that served us was crabby and acted like we were a huge inconvenience to her. She brought us 2 packets of sweetener when 4 of us had iced tea, and then getting a refill was like pulling teeth. Right after we ordered our food, another group came in of at least 20 people. They made an L shaped table right next to ours by carrying tables and chairs over our heads in the already congested dining area. The waitresses rudely kept asking us to scoot forward to accommodate the large party. The group was drinking and very loud and obnoxious. We couldn't even hear each other talk, and the waitress scowled at us every time we needed anything. Then, my 12 year old daughter heard the group next to us complaining that we shouldn't be sitting back there and that they wanted the "room" to themselves. Not really Nunzios fault, but they should have perhaps provided better seating for our 2 separate groups. My steak sinatra was great, but the other food was average, except that all the Italian dishes we got were lackluster and we could have made our own at home at a fraction of the price. And this is an Italian restaurant, so that's upsetting. The bread was very good, pizza was ok, but prefer Lino's over theirs.The service and experience was downright awful. Oh, and on our two separate tickets, they added an 18% gratuity. I guess the waitress didn't do her job because she knew she'd get a tip regardless of her level of service. Very disappointing.

• Visited July 2012