“First timers will be surpised”

House of India Restaurant
Ranked #31 of 75 Restaurants in Loves Park
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Buffet, Reservations
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Buffet, Reservations
Reviewed February 18, 2013

We never tried Indian cuisine but were pleasantly surpised when we sent to this staple restaruant in Rockford. That first visit has turned into numerous dinners since. The staff is very accomodating and make helpful suggestions. I hear that the buffet is wonderful, but just haven't been there for that experience. Spice levels vary from none to very. Don't hesitate.

1  Thank TomLuchetti
There are newer reviews for House of India Restaurant

Reviewed November 12, 2012

Have eaten here with my husband twice and each time was delightful. Once for dinner and the second to try their lunch buffet, which is vast. The portions are plentiful and well worth the price. Every dish we've tried has been very tasty. Spiciness varies according to your tastes. My only qualm so far is that the vegetable pakora seems to be battered french fries. They don't taste bad, they are just not traditional vegetable pakora. (And that was on the buffet; perhaps they do that for price purposes. It might be different when you order it as an appetizer.) You will not leave hungry nor disappointed. Enjoy!

Reviewed October 27, 2012

Great buffet selection, a nice place to meet friends. Owners always stop by to check on your dining experience.

Reviewed October 15, 2012

I cannot wait until this Saturday Sweetest Day! I have been to this establishment in the past and look so forward to the delicious food they present. My Girlfriend and I will enjoy Sweetest day here.
The flat bread is perfect and I will love all of the flavors of India it will truly be a sweetest day for us. Thank you India House!

Reviewed October 9, 2012

As someone who has never tried Indian Food, I went kicking and screaming to The India House! All I can say, some of the best food of any kind that I have enjoyed in a Resaurant. Try the Korma, Tikka Masala, or the Paneer and just tell the excellent wait staff how spicy you want it! You won't be disappointed! Don't forget the Garlic Naan!