“A fun night out...sort of”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Rockford Speedway

Rockford Speedway
Ranked #2 of 14 things to do in Loves Park
Rockford, Illinois
49 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 45 helpful votes
“A fun night out...sort of”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2013

This is definitely a fun evening out for families but a bit on the pricey side. Do your research ahead of time to save money. Smoking is the biggest pain to deal with and second would be the bathrooms. We have a rule that everyone must use the bathroom BEFORE we leave our house and hopefully that will last them throughout.

On Dollar beer night it should also have dollar soft drinks, I am NOT a fan of having to spend more money to NOT drink than to be drinking alcohol.

The kids had a blast for the most part of the races but it can be a long evening and all 3 were ready to go halfway through.

All in all, you will have fun if you go on a night when you can save a good deal, eat ELSEWHERE, don't use the bathrooms!

Visited August 2013

Rockford, Illinois, Usa
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Fun night”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2013 via mobile

I love going to the speedway. It is a. It pricey if you are taking a family. Also food is kind of expensive, so I recommend eating at home and getting the necessities at the speedway. Other than that it is VERY loud and smelly. If a car does a burnout the is the smoke you are breathing. Other than that lots of fun with a bunch of weekly special events

Visited August 2012
Belvidere, Illinois
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Superb Short Track”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2013

As a Rockford area resident since 3/99, my family started going to the Rockford Speedway about 4 years ago. We love going! Its a great time, the family section is definitely the place to sit. Great views from nearly every seat in the house. I would definitely give a 5 rating if the following issues could be resolved permanently. 1) Restrooms - the restrooms are not super. Typically, I use the restroom before we leave the house and go AFTER I get home from the races. The few times I've used the restrooms they are not overly clean and they smell. 2) Smoking in the family area. - sometimes (not all the time) I've had a person sit in the "Family Section" and smoke and drink. Being a NON-Drinker and NON-Smoker, this is really annoying and infringes upon my families experiences. Most of the time I don't have issues, but I've had a few. Overall the experiences are VERY GOOD. We love the entertainment. Races to watch: Figure 8, Trailer Race and Green Mamba appearance are our families favorites besides the "regular races".

Visited July 2013
Madison, Wisconsin
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“A must!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013

A lot of fun for the family to see & experience amateur racing. The trailer races are the best and certain nights there are fireworks. Definitely a must do!

Visited July 2012
Janesville, Wisconsin, United States
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“very entertaining”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 12, 2013

all i can say is this has it all. good place to take the kids.good place to go have fun..good place to meet people..they have lots of different events going through out the year so there is always something different to do. They have a great firework show, a place for families to sit,and a great place to have some drinks

Visited July 2012