“A great family place”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Phone 815-636-9430
Reviewed April 29, 2013 via mobile

My girlfriend and her family dine her frequently. To her this place is like cheers...everyone knows your name. The staff is great and usually in a great mood. Food is delicious, just like somethin you're grillin in your backyard with your friends. Always a good stop.

1  Thank Eshleman13

Reviewed March 23, 2013

My favorite local restaurant. Food is always good and very comfortable atmosphere. The prices are always very reasonable. I get the same veggie salad that is not on the menu every time I go but there are plenty of good options for my friends.

1  Thank jhessian
Reviewed January 14, 2013 via mobile

Went out to dinner with my wife and children and their spouses for my son on leave from the military. In hindsight what is like to pick a better place that would have been more memorable. the food was average in taste but they did give you ample portions. The waitress we had was very slow never checked on us we had to find her a refills for anything else we needed. She needs to learn customer service and what a smile is.

Martin E, Owner at Backyard Grill & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded January 27, 2013

Jeff - First of all I want to say THANK YOU from myself, Rich and the entire staff at the BYG for your Son's service to our country! It is greatly appreciated! Secondly, I am very sorry to hear that your experience was just "OK" at our restaurant and thank you for taking the time to review us. We strive not only to provide great food at great prices but, great service to go along with it for an all around great experience. We feel that we have some of the best waitstaff in the area working at the BYG and take your comments very seriously. If it were possible Rich and I would love to greet and thank each and every guests that chooses the BYG for their dinning experience. With that being said if you could please contact Rich at the Loves Park location we would like to get more detailed information from you so that we can make improvements where needed to provide the best customer service every time. We hope that you will give us another chance to earn your business and looking forward to talking with you in the near future. With kindest regards,

Reviewed December 18, 2012

Backyard doesnt seem to want to cater to its customers. Any change in orders seem to be ignored and the fish for the fish fry always seems to come cold. Not a place I would recommend or go back to.

Martin E, Owner at Backyard Grill & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded December 20, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to post your review, all review positive or negative are greatly appreciated! We know you have many choices when eating out and we our sorry that we did not meet yours or our own expectations when dining with us. Please accept our apologies and if you would please contact us so that we could get further information from you to help correct these issues. If you would please email us at backyardgrill@backyardgrill.com at your convenience. Again, thank you for your review!

Reviewed October 18, 2012

Great service, fast and friendly but didn't rush us. Menu was broad and priced right. There were a couple specials for a great price. I think there were 4 soup choices too. We had burgers, ribs and steak. Everything was perfect. Had an app platter and cinnamon apple dessert that was warmed with ice cream. It was wonderful! We were looking for a local place that had a friendly feel and that's exactly what we got. Will definitely go back again!