“Melts in your mouth”

Got a photo?
Add it.
Peppermint Stick
Cuisines: Diner
Description: Beautiful downtown Long Grove, with quaint shops and cobblestone walk.We sever 18 different flavors of ice cream as well as 12 topppings.A full lunch menu includes a great childrens items.
Hawthorn Woods, Illinois
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Melts in your mouth”
Reviewed June 25, 2012

We went to the Strawberry Festival last weekend and enjoyed one of their delicious ice cream cones-yummy!

Visited June 2012

Chicago, Illinois
“Lunch adequate service and ice cream disappointing”
Reviewed October 17, 2011

I was excited that a restaurant that I enjoyed as a child came back. I went here with my school aged children. The lunch food was adequate. However there were only 3 tables occupied (out of about 20) and service was slow for what we ordered.

Then as the waiter cleaned our table I said we would also like to order desert. I was told that we couldn't order desert from our table and instead had to go to the counter that the tables were only for lunch service. There were 17 or so other empty tables, I was perplexed as to why we couldn't enjoy our desert at our table that we had our lunch at. So we ordered our ice cream from the counter. It was overpriced, under portioned, and under quality. We then proceeded to leave and eat our ice cream outside per their policy.

I was stunned that we were not allowed to eat our ice cream in the dining room when there were more tables than they would likely fill all day combined. Further, the waiter missed out on an additional tip as I only tipped for the service I received at the table not on the overpriced ice cream that we got at the counter. We will go back to Timmy's next time. They have superior ice cream for a better price and let you use their tables.

• Visited October 2011
Mara S, Owner at Peppermint Stick, responded to this review, May 21, 2012
Peppermint Stick re-opened it's doors on September 30,2012. We were very sorry to hear that a customer felt that we didn't have good customer service. We never tell anyone that they cannot have ice cream at the table. If we don't serve at the table, we would not be in business. We try to treat everyone with friendly, courtious,service. We offer take out as well as sit down service and we can only hope that this was an misunderstanding on both parties. We are truly sorry for any inconvience we caused, and hope to see this customer again soon!