“Great food”

Cuisines: Barbecue
Long Grove, Illinois
“Great food”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

Great Q with a nice selection of sauces. Come hungry as they have good portions. Great place for groups or families. We have brought our German Shepherd Dog club and judges from Germany here and never been disappointed.

Visited November 2013

Chicago, IL
“Delicious”
Reviewed February 16, 2014

Amazing BBQ, and they get it to your table quickly. The pulled chicken sandwich with the sweet heat sauce is great, and they have my favorite mac and cheese. People complain about the prices being high but I think ten dollars is a fine price to pay if it's for a good sandwich.

• Visited February 2014
Buffalo Grove, Illinois, United States
“Good ribs”
Reviewed September 21, 2013

Went here with my wife last night, and had a mixed experience. It looks like they do a lot of catering and takeout here, and I was a little confused when I walked in whether to seat myself or wait or order at what looked like the takeout counter. You order at the counter first, then take a number.
The service was friendly but disorganized. They forgot to bring me my drink, which they realized was sitting behind the counter when I came up and asked for it. When they brought my food, they didn't bring a fork and I had to go get one.
The food was pretty good, though. Especially the ribs, which were so tender that they were nearly falling off the bone. The ribs alone may be worth the trip. The wings were also really good. Other things - the pulled pork, the sides, the soup, were OK, not really special.
The setting was fine - sort of funny that it's in an upscale area of cute shops and restaurants, then going inside it's like a southern BBQ joint with country music and rustic decor.
We may not go back, unless I get a craving for good ribs sometime.

• Visited September 2013
Chicago, Illinois
“We'll be back”
Reviewed August 12, 2013 via mobile

Smokin T's is one of our favorite BBQ places in the area. The meat has great flavor and some of the sides are yummy (cornbread, Mac and cheese). We like the different sauces, my favorite is the white sauce served with the chicken.

The best part of Smokin T's is that when kids dine in they eat for $.25! That helps average out the prices which I feel are too high.

• Visited June 2013
Chicago
“Awesome BBQ, great value (great catering too)”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

We frequently get take-out dinner from Smokin' T's. The food is all fresh, tastes home-made, and is a great value for the price. We just had them cater dinner for a casual party at our home, and the amount of food they provided was HUGE and incredible. All of our guests LOVED it. Their newly expanded dine-in restaurant is cute too.

• Visited July 2013