“Great Thin Crust”

Joanie's Pizzeria of Long Grove
Reserve with OpenTable
Joanie's Pizzeria of Long Grove is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 23 Restaurants in Long Grove
Description: Loaded with family traditions, homemade BBQ sauce and a secret family pizza sauce. Owner Joanie Shunia has renovated the space to include a new bar and a bright, welcome interior which house some of the original recipes from the first Village Pizza of Detroit. Flat-screen televisions will fill the dining rooms, four video-gambling machines will occupy one corner, the patio will be open during warm summer months. We offer thin and hand-tossed round pizzas, and the square Sicilian style - similar to the deep-dish Chicago style, but with cheese on top instead of sauce.
Reviewed June 14, 2016 via mobile

This was a very pleasant surprise. We came here for dinner after hearing about it from friends. The thin crust sausage and cheese pizza was outstanding. The crust was done perfectly and the toppings were great. It was seasoned to perfection. I got a medium and thought I would take some home. It was so good I finished it all. My wife had the broasted chicken and she thought it was great. The service was good. There were only 2 drawbacks. One is the menu is a bit limited. If they have BBQ in their name they need some BBQ items besides ribs. Second I wanted club soda to drink and they were out of it. That is why only 4 out of 5. We will be back.

Joanie S, Owner at Joanie's Pizzeria of Long Grove, responded to this reviewResponded September 16, 2016

Hi CubFan, first off, how exciting is this season for the Cubs! We'll be showing all the Post-Season Cubs games in our Atrium if you're around and want to stop by.

I'm so happy you enjoyed your thin crust sausage and cheese pizza! We make our dough from scratch every day - a family recipe we've been honing for over twenty years! And I'm thrilled that your wife thought our broasted chicken was great.

Regarding the drawbacks you pointed out, we've taken to heart the feedback about having BBQ in our name. As such, we're changing the name of our restaurant to Joanie's Pizzeria of Long Grove. We'll continue to feature our yummy ribs, and we've added a tasty pulled pork sandwich - which has been getting wonderful reviews from customers.

I wish I had known about the club soda issue when it happened. Our club soda actually comes through our soda gun and consequently doesn't ever run out. I'm disappointed you were told that. Your visit was early enough in our tenure that perhaps you had a recently hired server who may have relayed bad information to you. In any case, that's an easily fixed issue.

Next time you come in, please ask for me. I like to meet those who have taken the time to review our restaurant. This kind of feedback is very important to us as we always look to improve upon our food and service.

Go Cubbies! :)
Joanie

Reviewed May 16, 2016

By chance, we were driving through Long Grove, Illinois yesterday and spotted this New Casual Dining Restaurant. It is located right on Mill Pond and has a very nice outdoor seating area. In addition, sliding glass doors in their dining room open up. Both the dining room and outdoor seating face the pond. The food is excellent. We had their thin crust pizza (pepperoni and onion) and a couple of Broasted Chicken Breasts. The food is delicious and priced extremely reasonable. I think that we have found an new casual dining place. We look forward to coming back this next weekend with our grandchildren. My rating is this place is a MUST!

Hi Bruce, thanks so much for strong review and kind words! The out door patio and overall ambience are big reasons why I settled on this location for my restaurant.

I'm so happy that you enjoyed our pizza and broasted chicken! We look forward to seeing you on your next visit!