“Nice stay in suburbia” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in Lombard
Elmira, Canada
“Nice stay in suburbia”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2014 via mobile

I've stayed in a couple Hyatt Places on business trips and enjoy their unique rooms. Stands out from the others. This one is in a good spot for meetings in Chicago's suburbs like Wheaton and Carol Stream. Right off the highway. The breakfast is decent and convenient. Close to some shopping. Weber Grill next door for great steak. I'd stay here again.

• Stayed January 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Lexington, SC
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2014

Overall I am pleased with this Hyatt hotel. The rooms were nicely furnished with modern furnishings. Our room had 2 queen beds which sat high off the ground and were fluffy and comfy. Each bed had 3 pillows and were just right, I often have neck problems with pillows that "collapse" but these held their shape. The room was large and had a front area where there was an L-shaped couch, desk, and refrigerator. We visited the pool and it was plenty large, but sadly had no whirlpool. There was a very nice buffet breakfast included in our stay which included 2 types of hot breakfast sandwiches, hot oatmeal, breads and pastries of varied sorts, fresh fruit and cottage cheese along with a nice selection of juices ... one of the nicer buffets around. There is a PF Chang's restaurant within a short walking distance which we went to twice, love it. I would definitely stay here again. We had a room facing the back of the property, and it was very quiet.

Room Tip: We had a room facing the back of the property and were pleased, it was quiet.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Lincoln, Nebraska, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2014

I had to attend a small meeting at this hotel. My wife and I arrived around 6 pm and were immediately greeted. The hotel is very nice, clean and was quiet even though there were two busloads of high school kids staying there. Rooms are nice and clean. Our room had a fridge and sink, king bed and big screen that swivels so you can see it from the bed or the nice sitting area that is separated from the bed area. They have a little bar in the lobby that is connected to the check in desk, a great use of space. They have a nice breakfast buffet included with your room. they even have some dinner options though there are so many restaurants within walking distance you have plenty of choices. We walked over to PF Changs and had a great dinner there. All in all I would stay there again in a heartbeat. We also got a great rate when all the hotels downtown had jacked up their rates due to a Cubs/Cards series and a home Blackhawks playoff game.

Room Tip: I'm used to a memory foam mattress so regular mattresses always seem a little hard to me now. W...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Jim S
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2014 via mobile

Don't stay on the first floor unless you like the noise. Doors banging, people in the bar area until 10pm or so and don't plan to sleep in, 7am breakfast starts you will hear everything going on. Refrigerator in room did not work. Overall the room was nice and clean. Would recommend asking if large groups will be staying when you are. Hotel was convenient for shopping and places to eat.

Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Lino Lakes, Minnesota, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 3, 2014

I've never stayed in a hotel with FEATHER pillows and was shocked to see that they had them. As a person who is severely allergic to feathers, this is a major issue! Luckily we caught it just before bed and housekeeping brought us new pillows.

They accommodated our large group of 150 9th & 10th graders very well. Rooms were nice. Breakfast was good. Would recommend again.

Shopping Mall not too far away.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Ann C
Shreveport
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2014

The weekend I stayed here, a large family reunion was going on which created an unusual amount of chaos, but other than that, I had no complaints. Spacious, well-appointed room, very nice breakfast buffet, convenient complimentary shuttle, and friendly staff. Though my room had shower only, I would rather have a nice, large shower than a cramped tub or tub/shower combo, so I was fine with that. Complimentary wifi is good and there are plenty of places to eat within an easy walk.

Room Tip: A lot families were in the hotel and though my room was okay, a couple of my associates wished they...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Stacey H
Toronto, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 3, 2014

I go on vacation to rest quietly. No way to do this here! We thought a first floor room was going to be so convenient. What a mistake. They play some sort of elevator type music in the hallway all day (and likely all night had I not asked it be shut off near midnight). It was back on before 6 a.m.!
Noises in the lobby could be heard in our room. In fact, when I made the call to complain about the music, I could hear the phone ringing in the lobby, through our door. I think they need to install a set of doors between the hallway and lobby area.
Nice rooms. Close to everything. Were it not for the noise, could have been much better. Now I am fretting going to breakfast as that area looks so small and I have a feeling by the time my sleepy headed hubby gets up, we won't get seating.

Room Tip: Stay away from the lower level rooms, especially the first floor. Constant noise....24/7.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank capistrano6
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lombard
The Westin Lombard Yorktown Center
Embassy Suites by Hilton Chicago - Lombard/Oak Brook
Hilton Chicago Oak Brook Suites
Hilton Chicago Oak Brook Suites
#1 of 8 in Oakbrook Terrace
The Hyatt Lodge at McDonald's Campus
Residence Inn Chicago Lombard
The Drake Hotel - Oak Brook

Been to Hyatt Place Chicago/Lombard? Share your experiences!