Extended Stay America - Chicago - Lombard - Yorktown Center
Ranked #10 of 10 Hotels in Lombard
Loganville, Georgia
“50/50”
Reviewed April 18, 2014

I stayed here for 17 weeks while working in the Lombard and Chicago area. My room was nice and as it should be, the ala carte internet at the ESA hotels always rubbed me wrong. I mean really how hard or how much could it cost to just give us all good internet. My neighbors were a transient family with a toddler who cried often, not the hotels fault. I found the toddler walking the halls alone one Sunday Morning and had to call police because family would not answer door. also not motels fault. The staff was great to me, except the big guy who worked nights, always seemed angry and stand offish. Nice area, close to mall and restaurants. All in all, if I work in the area again I would shop other hotels first, but would not exclude this hotel.

Room Tip: Always stay away from elevators
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Chris C
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Chicago - Lombard - Yorktown Center, responded to this review, April 23, 2014
Thank you so much for sharing experience with us. I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed our staff during your visit. Still, I apologize that our free Wi-Fi did not meet your expectations. As well, I apologize for the inconveniences you experienced regarding your neighboring guests. Your comments will be useful as we continue to improve our guest experience. Thank you again for your feedback. We hope that you will stay at our hotel or any of our other brand locations in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
St. Paul
Reviewed November 12, 2013

I stayed in this hotel for a three night business trip. I wanted to make my own breakfast so wanted a hotel with extended stay amenities. The staff, especially the night staff, was uninterested and bored to the point of rudeness. I realized as I unpacked my suitcase that the floor of my rooms, including the bathroom, had not been cleaned. There was lots of evidence of a prior resident, including what looked like kitty litter scattered around. So, there was probably a cat in the room before I got there as well, although the management might not have known that. There was soap residue in the soap holders in the bathroom, as well as more dust, hair and kitty litter on the bathroom floor.
The dishwasher was full of crumbs, especially around the top. All dishes had been put away with grease films and food residue still on them. I had to wash everything before I used anything.
I asked, twice, for the room to be vacuumed. Both times I was told that housekeeping would come in and touch things up. They never did arrive.
The drawers for clothes were stained in the bottoms, some had hairs in them. The knobs on the stove were loose and some fell off when I tried to use them.
Most channels on the TV were snowy, poor sound and impossible to watch.
I had a nonsmoking room and discovered on day two that a smoker had been put next door to me. I was at a very intensive, time consuming training session and got back rather late each evening, too tired to fight and ask to have my room moved, so decided just to tough it out. The rate was decent, $65.00 per night. I guess you get what you pay for in this place. Only good points were good wifi and what looked to be a clean bed. I did flip the mattress to see if any critters were climbing around - didn't see any, but time will tell.

Room Tip: No tips for a good room. I will never stay here again.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank VBR
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Chicago - Lombard - Yorktown Center, responded to this review, November 19, 2013
Thank you for the feedback about your stay at our hotel. The experience you described is unacceptable and I am sorry that your room was unclean at check in and was not serviced when requested. In response, I am working with our staff to improve our cleaning procedures and am reviewing how we handle guest requests for additional cleaning. Still, I am glad that you liked your bed and our hotel's affordable rates.

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better experience the next time you're in the area.
Texas
Reviewed October 20, 2013

When we arrived at this hotel we were impressed by the massive room size. Lots of floor space (which was good because we had lots of luggage). We had only planned to stay the weekend, but I got the flu right away (wondering if the room was cleaned well?). I was barfing my guts out all weekend, but it may have been from the restaurant across the street. Well, the day I was vomiting, was the day I was supposed to take my grandchild to the pumpkin patch. I came all the way across the U.S. by car to take her, and I got the flu. That being said, with no maid service, I had to clean the floor and everything else by myself. Not good. They do provide maid service after 1 week, but I had to eliminate the germs fast or the rest of my trip would be ruined. Well, we enjoyed the use of the kitchen and we brought our own oatmeal, bread, biscotti, and instant coffee for breakfast. We had to cancel our resort reservations and stay there. I was glad we brought food for the resort, as we had food to eat in the room. It was a nice place to rest as it had living room furniture. Kind of 70's style, though. I also have to agree the mattresses are not comfortable at all. They did provide some drawers outside the bathroom and a mirror so someone could be getting ready while the other person showered. The bad thing was, when it was time to check out, they cancelled our key card before I could get my stuff out of the room at 10 minutes to 11. Checkout time is at 11. Why would they do that? I got pretty hot under the collar about it and not sure if I will stay there again. I wound up leaving half of my beverages there, I was so upset. We were trying to deliver something to someone and it held us up. Will have to check to see if there are better accommodations around there with people who know how to tell time. Here is the real nasty part though. We were coming back one evening and some middle eastern people drove up and the guy got out of the car with a white cloth sack that stunk to high heaven as I passed by. He delivered it to the room across the hall. The smell was unbearable--like a poisonous mushroom cloud every time we opened the door. I tried to spray the hall down with air freshener, but that stink bomb wouldn't go away. They finally brought an ionizing room cleaner after the guy checked out. I told the help about it early on, but they just ignored me. Never again. Too smelly--smells up all your clothes.

Room Tip: I didn't order room service--strike that.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank nooxfordforme
Chicago, Illinois, United States
Reviewed October 8, 2013

To keep it short, I stayed in one of their "suites" for a friend’s birthday get away. There was no room service nor was there a do not disturb sign. Each day we returned to unmade beds and no clean towels or tissue. The first night of our stay, one of the comforters on the bed was filthy and the rug on one of the sides of the bed looked like someone was involved in a bloody murder. To add insult to injury, when I asked for a new comforter I was told that I would have to wait until the morning for one because housekeeping was gone for the day. Alternatively, I could go downstairs in the middle of the night and get one from the front desk. I have never stayed in a hotel that did not bring you clean sheets and towels to your room that is a basic service.
On top of all of this, their iron, and wall clocks did not work and the tub as well as the toilet stayed clogged up. All and all I was not pleased or impressed with my stay at this substandard establishment and I wouldn’t recommend this place to a dog!!! If I could give this place a negative star, I would. Please avoid this place like the plague because it was not worth the astronomical fee that was charged.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Charity S
NORTH CAROLINA
Reviewed October 3, 2013

Overall value could have been better. We had 2 rooms for 20 nights and would have liked a bit more of a discount based on length of stay. However, the size of the rooms, bathroom & kitchen was nice for all of us. It seemed more dog-friendly than kid-friendly though as the TV channels had nothing for kids. We were comfortable and the noise level low.

• Stayed October 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Chicago - Lombard - Yorktown Center, responded to this review, October 7, 2013
Thank you so much for posting your review for our property. I am pleased that you found the spaciousness of your guest room and kitchen to your standards. We are sorry we did not exceed your expectations on the tv channel but we are happy to read that we provide you with a comfortable stay overall.

Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We would love to see you again. Should you travels bring you back to our area.
Covington, GA
Reviewed August 3, 2013

While traveling to a family reunion at Wisconsin Dells, I booked a couple of rooms as a stop-over night at this hotel in Oakbrook Terrace via Hotwire. I consider this review a mixed one because the one con kinda outweighed the pros.

For the pros; check-in was quick and seamless, the room was a clean suite with kitchen, had all the amenities needed for a comfortable stay, and thanks to Hotwire, I got two rooms for less than $95 total (with tax)...good deal.

Now, for the only con; the room was a smoking room. Apparently when you book deeply discounted rooms via Hotwire, you don't have the luxury of choosing the type of room (that's the trade-off). And since a lot of smoking rooms at hotels become available quicker than non-smoking, apparently they are the first-line type of rooms you get. We even asked the front-desk staff for a deodorizer to ease the smell, which they gave us. But it didn't last very long. Although we stayed the night, we ended up checking out and hitting the road very early the next morning due to lack of tolerance of the smoky odor.

If not for that, the review probably would have been a little better.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Cov Traveler
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Chicago - Lombard - Yorktown Center, responded to this review, August 6, 2013
The feedback provided in your review is much appreciated. Please know that we are sincerely sorry that you had a less than pleasant experience staying in a smoking room. Unfortunately, when a current guest decides to extend their stay at the last minute, we are not always able to guarantee a guests room request. Still, I am very happy that your check-in experience was seamless, that your room was clean and that you enjoyed all of the amenities our hotel had to offer.

We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly, at lom@extendedstay.com, should you wish to discuss this further. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience the next time you're in town.
Mount Airy, Maryland
Reviewed July 16, 2013

We were in town for only one night and stayed at this hotel. My brother in law had made the reservations, he did so online and requested early check in. (We needed to be at a wake at 2pm and we were traveling from another state.) He called as we got closer and were an early check in was not possible and that they could not accommodate us until 2. We discussed moving to another hotel who could accommodate us, but we the room was already paid for. When we got into town, we went ahead and stopped in to see if we could do anything more. Thankfully, people had checked out so they could accommodate us by noon. We left and came back and then could not find anyone at the front desk! My brother in law had to go looking for someone to check us in! The room itself was okay, nice big bathroom, but the towels were like sandpaper, the bedding cheap. They have something called "grab and go" breakfast. I went down to get some decaf coffee, but low and behold, they do not have decaf coffee. I have never been to a hotel that offers breakfast that did not have decaf coffee. The employee who was manning the area was looking for instant! Who drinks instant coffee anymore? We had to end up going out to find coffee and just ate at a local donut shop. I am thankful we only had to stay for a day. The one good thing? It's a cheap hotel.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family