“Comfortable, convenient and pet-friendly.”

Extended Stay America - Chicago - Lombard - Yorktown Center
Ranked #10 of 10 Hotels in Lombard
Reviewed October 3, 2013

Overall value could have been better. We had 2 rooms for 20 nights and would have liked a bit more of a discount based on length of stay. However, the size of the rooms, bathroom & kitchen was nice for all of us. It seemed more dog-friendly than kid-friendly though as the TV channels had nothing for kids. We were comfortable and the noise level low.

• Stayed: October 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Chicago - Lombard - Yorktown Center, responded to this reviewResponded October 7, 2013

Thank you so much for posting your review for our property. I am pleased that you found the spaciousness of your guest room and kitchen to your standards. We are sorry we did not exceed your expectations on the tv channel but we are happy to read that we provide you with a comfortable stay overall.

Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We would love to see you again. Should you travels bring you back to our area.

Reviewed August 3, 2013

While traveling to a family reunion at Wisconsin Dells, I booked a couple of rooms as a stop-over night at this hotel in Oakbrook Terrace via Hotwire. I consider this review a mixed one because the one con kinda outweighed the pros.

For the pros; check-in was quick and seamless, the room was a clean suite with kitchen, had all the amenities needed for a comfortable stay, and thanks to Hotwire, I got two rooms for less than $95 total (with tax)...good deal.

Now, for the only con; the room was a smoking room. Apparently when you book deeply discounted rooms via Hotwire, you don't have the luxury of choosing the type of room (that's the trade-off). And since a lot of smoking rooms at hotels become available quicker than non-smoking, apparently they are the first-line type of rooms you get. We even asked the front-desk staff for a deodorizer to ease the smell, which they gave us. But it didn't last very long. Although we stayed the night, we ended up checking out and hitting the road very early the next morning due to lack of tolerance of the smoky odor.

If not for that, the review probably would have been a little better.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Cov Traveler
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Chicago - Lombard - Yorktown Center, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2013

The feedback provided in your review is much appreciated. Please know that we are sincerely sorry that you had a less than pleasant experience staying in a smoking room. Unfortunately, when a current guest decides to extend their stay at the last minute, we are not always able to guarantee a guests room request. Still, I am very happy that your check-in experience was seamless, that your room was clean and that you enjoyed all of the amenities our hotel had to offer.

We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly, at lom@extendedstay.com, should you wish to discuss this further. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience the next time you're in town.

Reviewed July 16, 2013

We were in town for only one night and stayed at this hotel. My brother in law had made the reservations, he did so online and requested early check in. (We needed to be at a wake at 2pm and we were traveling from another state.) He called as we got closer and were an early check in was not possible and that they could not accommodate us until 2. We discussed moving to another hotel who could accommodate us, but we the room was already paid for. When we got into town, we went ahead and stopped in to see if we could do anything more. Thankfully, people had checked out so they could accommodate us by noon. We left and came back and then could not find anyone at the front desk! My brother in law had to go looking for someone to check us in! The room itself was okay, nice big bathroom, but the towels were like sandpaper, the bedding cheap. They have something called "grab and go" breakfast. I went down to get some decaf coffee, but low and behold, they do not have decaf coffee. I have never been to a hotel that offers breakfast that did not have decaf coffee. The employee who was manning the area was looking for instant! Who drinks instant coffee anymore? We had to end up going out to find coffee and just ate at a local donut shop. I am thankful we only had to stay for a day. The one good thing? It's a cheap hotel.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank sewcraz4361
Reviewed June 8, 2013

I've been here for 1 month and MUST compliment the management and staff! Especially Klaudio and Joana ... their smiles are so appreciated, both as I leave in the mornings and return each afternoon. My room is very comfortable and cleaned very well weekly. If I should have to work in this area again I will surely stay here!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed June 5, 2013

Room not clean; no remote control for TV; ho-hum attitude from staff; damaged recliner in room; uncomfortable bed; very cheap bedding; no shampoo, conditioner, mouthwash or lotion furnished; "breakfast" is a joke - coffee, granola bars, packaged muffins, apples & bananas. Really? I could go on, but I've wasted enough of my time. Feel sorry for anyone who has to do an "Extended Stay", as mine was a short 3 nights - or 3 nightmares!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank ocqp1151
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Chicago - Lombard - Yorktown Center, responded to this reviewResponded June 10, 2013

I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. The room condition that you described is unacceptable, and I sincerely apologize for your experience. As this hotel’s manager, I can assure you that I have spoken with my front desk staff about their attitude and to housekeeping about the conditions of the room to ensure your experience is not repeated. I really appreciate you bringing this to our attention. I would be happy to speak with you further. If you would like, please contact me directly, at LOM@extendedstay.com. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience the next time you're in town.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for the 2013 Memorial day long weekend. Our intention was to look in and around Chicago and this hotel served that purpose - Its about 30 mins from downtown Chicago by car. As we wanted a kitchen this hotel served our purpose really well. Located in a decent area. We booked through priceline and got a good deal. Staff was friendly. It has very limited options for breakfast but excellent WiFi connection (both free).

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. I am glad to read that you were pleased with the kitchen and the staff. Once more, thank you for posting your review. We look forward to having you visit with us again in the future.

Reviewed April 28, 2013

I stayed here for a period of 4 weeks when I was travelling to Chicago on work.

The rooms are small. They are pretty self contained with a kitchenette and ironing facility. The laundry is communal. The wifi internet was pretty decent.

The staff were friendly and helpful and accommodated requests for cabs, payment and tax refund related queries quite capably.

All in all a decent stay, but nothing to take home in terms of memories.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Chicago - Lombard - Yorktown Center, responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2013

I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I'm so pleased to hear that the staff was friendly and helpful while you were visiting with us for work. We truly enjoyed having you and would love to see you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.