Extended Stay America - Chicago - Lombard - Yorktown Center
Ranked #10 of 10 Hotels in Lombard
Ogden, Utah
“Horrible”
Reviewed May 2, 2012

This hotel was so disappointing. Though the location was good that is about all it had going for it and I found it overpriced for what I got. No maid service. Stayed three days, free wifi signal not strong enough to check email for more than 5 minutes, DVD player broken, fan in bathroom broken, baked on grease on pots in kitchenette, breakfast unacceptable, miniature muffins, and dry tasteless bagels, no real cream for coffee. Front desk staff unhelpful, even rude when I requested assistance for wifi. Uncomfortable bed, flimsy pillows. Loud room. Overall most uncomfortable hotel I have stayed in for years. I wish I would have booked at the Stay Inn right next door for far less.

Room Tip: Don't book here book elsewhere many other better choices nearby.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
, Manager at Extended Stay America - Chicago - Lombard - Yorktown Center, responded to this review, July 12, 2012
I recently received a copy of your review. Our company prides itself on providing great service and great rooms at great rates, which is why I was so disappointed to read your post. Please accept my most sincere apologies.

We specialize in providing clean, comfortable rooms at an affordable price. That means we don't set out extra amenities like shampoo, lotions, shower caps, etc, in our rooms. However, our hotel does have a limited supply of sundries at the front desk, and we happily dispense them free of charge upon request. Operating in this way allows us to continue to provide you our great rooms at exceptional rates. However, I understand your concern, and assure you that we work very hard to explain exactly what we offer to our guests before they arrive. I am, of course, very sorry that we were unable to make our offerings more clear to you before you checked in, and hope that you will keep our hotel in mind when your future needs are for an accommodation like ours.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Chicago, Illinois, United States
Reviewed December 16, 2011

I really liked this hotel. I stayed in the Deluxe Studio with 2 Double beds with 5 other friends. It was very spacious and clean! It was great having the Sleeper Sofa and the Recliner. The full kitchen was really nice to have. We cooked dinner and they provide all the cooking utensils you need. The only thing I would change is to have an ice machine in the hotel. I will definitely go back here again, the price was great for what you get!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends
Tucson
Reviewed November 3, 2011

The hotel was very nice. It has a living room, bedroom and "full" kitchen. There was a reclining chair in the living room which was a very nice touch. I elected to eat breakfast to take advantage of the full kitchen. Two shortcomings - there was only service for 2, so you could eat without doing dishes. There was no way to clean pots as there was nothing to scrub them with. You ran out of dishes in less than a meal. Everything else was great, but staff just isn't thinking about convenience.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed October 3, 2011

So i checked in a few months ago thinking i would stay here short term while i was looking for a home. the first two months was ok nothing really special. after that they kept slipping notes under my door saying that my rent is increased. then a month after that last note they told me i would be looking at another increase in rent (over 1200). i decided to leave, but i know people that stay there long term was not evicted, but granted their month to month stay. I think they pretty much pick and chose who stays and who doesn't...which i think they are totally unfair. i wouldn't recommend this place for people who are looking for a place for a few months. there service is overpriced. There are 10-15 other hotels in the area that will help ease the pain of just sticking to this place.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled solo
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed October 25, 2010

The decor was noteworthy - faux wood floors and spacious - well thought out. I didn't use the kitchen, but was pleased with the location, staff, bedding, breakfast (not really advertised and minimal - but had at least bagels, coffee and fruit), lack of noise - but wished there was a treadmill in the gym (2 ellipticals and a bike). Great value and very clean.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled solo
2 Thank enghien
Stow, Ohio
Reviewed October 13, 2010

This place is not anything special at all, but it is clean and comfortable. I am one who doesn't care about 500 thread count sheets and LCD TVs in the bathroom, so this place was right up my alley. Has a full kitchen, so if you like to save money on eating out, this is a great place.

Room had a bed, recliner and sofa which pulled out into another bed. Much larger than average room.

It did look a little old and tired, but as I said, that doesn't bother me at all.

Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank Opus1968
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
Reviewed September 2, 2010

From checkin to checkout my stay at Extended Stay Hotel was the most comfortable travel experience I've had to date and I travel A LOT! Every encounter with the staff from the manager down to the everyday work staff was friendly and pleasant. The front desk went out of their way on more then one occassion to see to my requests. The room offered everything I could need. It truly was a "home away from home" during my visit. They have thought of everything right down to a can opener in the kitchen. The full size stove and refridgerator were a nice suprise too! I just can't say enough how happy and satisfied I was with my experience with the Extended Stay Hotel in Lombard, IL.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled solo
Travelers also viewed these Lombard hotels
SureStay Plus Hotel Chicago Lombard
Extended Stay America - Chicago - Lombard - Oakbrook
Hyatt Place Chicago/Lombard
Residence Inn Chicago Lombard
TownePlace Suites Chicago Lombard
The Westin Lombard Yorktown Center

Been to Extended Stay America - Chicago - Lombard - Yorktown Center? Share your experiences!