“We Want to Go Back!”

Greek Islands Restaurant West
Ranked #1 of 185 Restaurants in Lombard
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Greek
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Kids, Business meetings, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Buchanan, Michigan
“We Want to Go Back!”
Reviewed August 23, 2013

We dined at the Greek Islands in July 2013 with another couple after attending a play at the Drury Lane Theatre in Oak Brook. We sat outside in a beautiful area surrounded by bushes which made it cozy. My only suggestion is that we needed just a little more light to read the extensive menu. All of us were extremely pleased with our meals. I had the salmon which was fantastic. We started out with the baked cheese which we put on their homemade bread. Yum!
The serving staff and manager were most attentive. I was most impressed with the cleanliness of the restaurant, including the restrooms. Prices were good for a quality meal. We look forward to going back. It had great ratings on Trip Advisor and Urban Spoon.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank Marilyn M

Winfield, Illinois
“Nice place.”
Reviewed August 9, 2013

The moussaka and leg of lamb were good and many items on the menu I would have liked to try and I will when I go back here. A nice evening of dining was enjoyed.

• Visited August 2013
Vero Beach, Florida
“Very good meal at a very good price”
Reviewed July 21, 2013 via mobile

We found this place on Trip Advisor. It was close to our hotel and easy to get to. The menu is very extensive and items are reasonably priced. My husband had the center cut pork chops: nice meat but a little dry. I had a combination plate. A good selection of different Greek dishes. Salad was alacarte and good. Service was fast and efficient. Nice experience.

• Visited July 2013
Iowa City, Iowa
“Great food and friendly service”
Reviewed June 19, 2013

I had dinner here with family in June 2013. We were seated promptly (busy Friday night) and our server quickly brought drinks and appetizers. I ordered the grilled octopus which was delicious. The spumoni for dessert is also quite good. It is a loud place which likely reflects its popularity. I would go back again, especially for that octopus.

• Visited June 2013
Saint Charles, Illinois
“Consistently Excellent”
Reviewed June 5, 2013

This has been our favorite Greek restaurant for over 10 years. Never had a bad experience. Gyros is tasty, moist, prepared just right. The combination plate lets you sample the meatball, lamb, stuffed vine leaves, moussaka, vegetables etc. Don't miss the spinach pie! On some Sundays they have a special: roast suckling pig---right off the spit. The baklava, which is made on site, is full of nuts, just the right amount of honey, all wrapped up in a melt-in-your-mouth, crispy filo dough. Opah!

• Visited May 2013