“As Greek as you can get!!”

Greek Islands Restaurant West
Ranked #1 of 190 Restaurants in Lombard
Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed January 24, 2013

Authentic Greek food.. great ambiance.. courteous staff... loved their appetizers and the moussaka. Only complaint.. massive queue waiting to be seated.. be prepared to wait if you haven't reserved in advance!!

Reviewed January 20, 2013

Dined here on a busy Sunday with a group of 14. Watress was able to do seperate checks which was nice.

My cesar salad was fine. I had the NY Steak Sirloin which was well preparred. Waitress was courteous & fast. Bus boys all over the place.

Free Parking. Easy in & out driveway onto 22nd street. No traffic signal.

I would go back again..

Reviewed January 13, 2013

This is the most authentic Greek Restaurant I have ever been to outside of Athens itself! Freshness prevails and a strict following to regional Grecian recipes is the key to this "only the freshest" dining establishment. My only other favourite Greek restaurant was "Dianna's Opaa" b ack in the 60's to 90's run by the charismatic Petros Kogeonis who "moshed" with movie stars and kissed every girl he saw! Again as I mention in many of my reviews, the happy employee's are a firm indication of people being treated fairly by their employers resulting in only the best results for happy returning customers. Opaa!

Reviewed January 6, 2013

I'm sure it's the association with its namesake in Greektown, but the food here was pretty good compared to other suburban Greek places.

Reviewed December 30, 2012

When my brother moved to Chicago in 2000, we heard about Greektown and tried Greek Islands Chicago location for the first time. That first trip, almost every table had table side fire performance. Two years later when I came back, I ordered saganaki (flaming goat cheese) and have been addicted to this restaurant ever since. My brother moves to Niles, so I decided to try the Lombard location. Our large party of 5 adults and 4 kids ordered saganaki, grilled octopus, cold octopus salad, Athenian traditional Greek salad, lamb riblets, gyros plate, arni fournou, and fried orange roughy.
When I walked in and before being greeted by the hostess, my eyes opened wide when they caught sight of two whole octopi! I have been scouring California looking for another Greek restaurant that served octopus ever since the sad day that Sophia's in Placentia closed several years ago. Since it's so rare to find octopus, I did not want to choose between the two octopi appetizers and ordered both the cold octopus salad and hot grilled octopus. The cold octopus salad was not as good as that of Sophia's and tasted kind of rubbery. The grilled octopus was fresh and as delicious as the ones I had in Santorini in Greece.
The saganaki is salty and paired perfectly with the free sesame and sour dough bread. It was a fun table side show as usual. The Athenian Greek salad is fine, but the lamb riblets were dry compared to the tender and juicy arni fournou. The roughy was fried perfectly and came with a delicious and potent garlic paste.
My older daughter had to go to the restroom, but both the men and women's restrooms were out of order because of sewage problems. My brother had to take two kids to pee in the bushes in the snow! I warned everyone not to drink anything else until we got home. Other than the bathroom problem, I will definitely be back to Greek Islands next time I am back in Chicago.