“Not a good experience”

Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed October 25, 2012

Went on the recommendations. The food was interesting, but not flavorful. Had the grilled calamerie and it was good. The chicken dishes were plain. The service was sub par for being slow and the lack of attention to the customer. Seemed very much like a local hangout.

There are newer reviews for Greek Islands Restaurant West

Reviewed October 10, 2012

We had a wonderful meal! The ambiance is as good as the food. Not being familiar with Greek wines, the waitress brought 3 samples for me to try. The lamb sirloin is out of this world. They have many salads to chose from. We had the cabbage salad which exceeded my expectations. I liked being able to create my own combo. Service was very good. I actually could have gone back the next night! If we're in the Lombard area again, this is a definite stop.

Reviewed October 5, 2012

Best meal I've had in the Chicago area in a long long time. we started with a glass of wine and some saganaki cheese, and another appetizer, which were both excellent. Moving on to a great small salad which had a lot of large chunks of feta cheese that was delicious. Bread and butter, of course, was provided and, the bread tastes like they baked it that day. I had two types of lamb and both were spectacular! It just melted in your mouth. They give you a choice of vegetable sides and I had the potatoes and the baked okra in a light tomato sauce. I have to say after eating the eggplant, I spent a few hours searching the web when I got home, and I couldn't find a similar recipe. How they take such a modest and often overlooked vegetable, like okra, and make it into a dish fit for a king is just amazing! The staff is very attentive, the atmosphere is very nicely decorated and clean. No room for desert, but I know they looked very tempting to try.
When I return to Chicago for another visit I will headed to Greek Islands in Lombard for a feast fit for a King!

Reviewed September 28, 2012

Fast service and an amazing menu; we stopped in during the Ryder Cup frenzy in Lombard, IL and were pleasantly suprised. The food was great and the prices were very reasonable. I'm sorry I didn't have a chance to go back.

Reviewed September 12, 2012

On many an occasion during my way home from work we would enviably have the discussion of “What’s for dinner?”. One place that we can always rely on is Greek Islands in Lombard.

Our go to items include their Taramosalata (considered Greek caviar, this is a blend of cod roe with potatoes, onion, and olive oil), Melitzanosalata (freshly roasted eggplant is blended with garlic, potatoes, and olive oil), Athenian salad and their Gyros. We do buy the dips in their large sizes and they are plenty for the 2 or 4 of us. When you add a bottle of wine it makes it a nice light dinner.

When we get the time to dine there in person, we have always enjoyed every meal. Even our daughters like to recommend Greek Island’s to us and their friends.