Sonesta ES Suites Chicago - Lombard
$139
$81
Comfort Suites Lombard(Lombard)(Great Value!)
$85
$149
$149
  • Pool
$112
All reviewsresidence innfull kitchenfront deskupstairs bedroompenthouse suitemain buildingthe upper levelseparate buildingsfamily birthday celebrationlong hallwayassistant general managerspent the weekdressing areawonderful propertyice makeroutdoor poolno questions asked
Reviewed August 16, 2009

We stayed here for 2 nights and enjoyed it. The place is getting a little old but it was well kept. Service was great, everything was clean and the staff was friendly. They serve a hearty and full breakfast in the morning. The place is located in a quiet place but quite convenient to a large mall next door or a fairly busy street with all different restaurants about 2 miles away. While there we also used their coin laundry which was surprisingly large (3 washers/4 dryers). They also have a small outdoor pool which we did not use.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank jas32
Management36280, Manager at Sonesta ES Suites Chicago - Lombard, responded to this reviewResponded February 28, 2012

Thank you for your review. We have just completed our renovation in October 2011. We hope to see you again at the Lombard Residence Inn.

Reviewed July 27, 2008

I stayed here with my kids and loved it. The room was clean, we felt safe, nice pool. Good breakfast in the morning. Staff was very helpful. Will stay again soon.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with family
2  Thank flyfreeWi

Thank you for your review. We have just completed our renovation as of October 2011. We hope to see you again at the Lombard Residence Inn.

Reviewed January 11, 2008

I have stayed at this hotel (it's really a motel) several times on business over the last 15 years, and I have enjoyed every stay. Even though it is part of a large chain, the hotel is a very friendly place to stay, and the staff can't do enough to help. They will even give you a lift to the station or to a nearby mall, if there is transport available. The accomodation comprises self-contained apartments which have full kitchen utilities, crockery and cutlery. There is no onsite restaurant, but the hotel allows (even encourages) meals to be sent in, and you will find a list in the room of local restaurants that will deliver. The hotel is opposite a large shopping mall, so you will want for nothing.

All rooms are fully air-conditioned, so you will have a comfortable stay.

• Stayed: March 2004, traveled on business
2  Thank zebedeee

Thank you for your review. We have been newly renovated as of October 2011. We hope to see you again at the Lombard Residence Inn.

Reviewed August 18, 2007

I am a fan of Residence Inns and this is a good hotel and I think for most people it would be great. I have a bit of thing about noise such as traffic noise and car alarms etc and that is where this hotel falls down. The rooms are a bit exposed to outside noise. It is just the design and location that is the problem. On two sides of the hotel are busy streets so if you get a room near these there is a lot of traffic noise – also the fire department is over the road and they seem keen on using their sirens. If you are on the inside of the hotel you face out onto the car park and the thing that bugged me was that outside my room were cars that had either those horns or beeps when people opened and closed the doors which kept on disturbing my sleep. Also the sound insulation between rooms is not good – I could easily hear the people above walking around above. It just modern life and such as pity but I have to find another hotel when I visit Chicago.

Check-in was great – the lady behind the counter said they had only 3 rooms and offered me a choice – I really like hotels that do this. The free internet was very fast. The breakfast is pretty limited and it can get a bit crowded. I liked the fireplace which would be great in winter.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled on business
2  Thank munizaga

Thank you for your review. We understand the sound of traffic can be loud and make it difficult to relax. The Fire Department in Lombard understands how our guests feel about the noise so at night they do not put on the sirens until they are a block past the hotel. We hope to see you again at the Lombard Residence Inn.

Reviewed August 4, 2007

I had a 3 nights stay during June'2007. All furnishing within the room looked fairly new. After a 36 hours non-stop drive from LA, I thought the hotel was quite nice. I would agree with previous comment that the vacumming could be done better for I found peanuts under the coffee table.
The full kitchen was nicely stocked, and we've made good use of all the utensils that were there. The hotel is at a business district, right next to a mall, very convenient location.
However, the weather stripping under the door may need to be replaced. After the gardener finished with his blower, I found dried leaves and dirt inside my room, closed to the front door.

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled with family
2  Thank Traveler8989

Thank you for your review. We have just completed a renovation in October 2011 to include new doors on our rooms. We hope to see you again at the Lombard Residence Inn.