“Good value comfortable place to stay in nice area”

SureStay Plus Hotel Chicago Lombard
Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in Lombard
London
“Good value comfortable place to stay in nice area”
Reviewed June 18, 2012

We stayed here as it was close to the university we were visiting, the reviews were good and the price was excellent. I have to say we were not disappointed. Re-reading the reviews I note that several people have mentioned the outdated furniture or the old style television, but these are not that bad and quite frankly a television is a television. I would rather they were used than fill land fill sites and replaced with flat screens. The bed was comfortable, the bathroom had everything you needed from fluffy towels, soap, shampoo and conditioner. There was a hair dryer and facial tissues. In the wardrobe there was even an ironing board and iron - most impressive.

The breakfast bar had a good selection of toast, bagels, muffins. Orange juice, coffee and a hot choice of eggs plus something different every day. Yoghurt and cereals as well. (though I would have loved some natural non sweetened yoghurt). Not that keen on waffles but did have a go at making them on their two machines. I couldnt believe that they also provided coffee throughout the day and chocolate chip cookies. There is a computer in the lobby and you can even print which was excellent for us printing our boarding cards.

As non smokers we found the hotel wonderfully free of stale smoke, though I think they do have some smoking rooms (smokers you really must give up this disgusting habit!)

I have to say that for the money I am not sure how they do it, other than they always appeared to be full. I wouldn't hesitate in staying here again.

Just one tiny negative, the staff couldnt supply me with a cost for using the phone on a non local call - apart from that I have no complaints.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank goodtogethome
, General Manager at SureStay Plus Hotel Chicago Lombard, responded to this review, June 28, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,
I want to thank you for not only taking the time to write a review for the Stay Inn Lombard, but to also thank you for your compliments. Your review will help others choose the Stay Inn when visiting the Chicago area and are looking for comfort and the value you received. I hope that you return to visit, and stay with us again. I will share your valuable feedback with my staff. Have a wonderful summer.

Michelle Seamon

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed May 27, 2012

Good Location, Clean rooms, out dated decor and mediocre customer service.

The prices are very reasonable and you get a simple complimentary breakfast in the morning.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Mayfield Heights, Ohio
Reviewed May 17, 2012

First time in this hotel, it recently was re-branded to a Stay Inn. The room was clean and Ok, the bed was a little too soft for my back. The one item that showed me that help was needed was the comforter, when I entered the room I could not figure out what was wrong with the bed, it was covered with very large lumps. Apparently they had washed them and they were either cheap or old and all of the filling had merged into masses making it useless unless you like hot and cold spots.

The breakfast was nice, with a mixture of eggs that they changed styles daily, yogurt, cereal and granola, bagels and make your own waffles. Nice lobby area with a work center. I travel frequently and may be a little more critical of small details but I found the overall experience good and may consider staying here again.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank chainboss
lombarddos, General Manager at SureStay Plus Hotel Chicago Lombard, responded to this review, May 23, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to review the Stay Inn Lombard, we value your opinions. The Stay Inn actually changed brands from Hampton Inn 1.5 years ago. However, we continue to strive to keep our guests satisfied with their stay. I apologize if your stay was anything less than satisfactory. I am very glad you enjoyed our breakfast and I hope you will consider choosing the Stay Inn again upon your next visit to our area. Thank you again!
Cumming, Georgia
Reviewed May 12, 2012

Based on other reviews, we opted to stay at this very nice hotel. It was by far the least expensive of any in that area and a very pleasant surprise. While the room is on the small size, the space is well utilized. It was very clean and looked almost new. The staff was cordial. We were especially pleased that they have a nice breakfast - scrambled eggs and even a waffle maker. Since my mother is in a retirement center near here, we will definitely be returning.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
lombarddos, General Manager at SureStay Plus Hotel Chicago Lombard, responded to this review, May 14, 2012
Dear Valued Guest of the Stay Inn,
Thank you so much for sharing your positive comments about our cleanliness and breakfast variety. We are so glad you enjoyed your stay with us and that you will visit us again on your next trip. I will share your comments with our entire staff. Thank you again!!
Reviewed May 10, 2012

We have stayed at several hotels in the area, Stay Inn really is a great value for the money in the area. It's clean and the staff is friendly. The decor is a little older, the furniture is a little scratched, and there are tube tvs. There is a definitely a trade off but considering the value and how clean it is. It's a good trade off.

Room Tip: We stayed on the fourth floor once and the A/C for the building was very loud so maybe stay on the f...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank lyracupcake
Dear Valued Guest,
I wanted to take a moment to say thank you so much for taking the time to offer your positive comments to trip adivisor. We appreicate your feedback and will pass it on to our entire staff. Thank you again and we hope you will chose the Stay Inn Lombard on your next trip to our area.
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed May 1, 2012

i have stayed at the Stay Inn Lombard, Illinois now for almost 20 nights. it continues to please myself and girlfriend. i noticed the rate had gone up on hotels.com to $79.00, but it came down to $63.00 because i was staying 2 nights. comparable hotels are closer to $90.00 a night.
this hotel is clean, clean, clean. premium bedding and big comfortable king size bed with sofa in standard king. a bathroom that any girlfriend, wife or mother will be more than pleased with, with lots of mirrors, clean, well maintained shower and tile floor.
free internet. great coffee is always available throughout day and night. very comfortable lobby with nice eating area for breakfast and large hd tv. breakfast is free with scrambled eggs, sometimes biscuits and gravy, fruit, bagels, muffins, pastries, oj and milk. i like this hotel much!!!

Room Tip: get a room far from elevator.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
Fort Wayne, Indiana
Reviewed April 24, 2012

The bed had plenty of soft, fluffy pillows. The room and bathroom were very clean. There was a night light in the bathroom which was nice-didn't have to turn on the overhead light during the night. The breakfast bar had a variety of items to choose from. We stayed three nights and the breakfast varied a little each day. Always had waffels, eggs, cereal, bagels, muffins, yogurt, juice, coffee and milk. Sometimes had potatoes or sausage, or cheese on the scrambled eggs. Located next to a large shopping mall. A variety of restaurants nearby. The hotel had a coupon book in the lobby where we found a coupon for a free dessert or appetizer at Famous Dave's which we used. There is a metra station in town if you want to go downtown.

Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
lombarddos, General Manager at SureStay Plus Hotel Chicago Lombard, responded to this review, May 1, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you so much your kind and postive comments about the Stay Inn Lombard. We truely appreicate you taking time from your busy day to let others know about our hotel. I hope you will visit us again the next time you visit the area. Thank you again!!