“The staff at the Westin Yorktown Lombard is outstanding.”

The Westin Lombard Yorktown Center
Ranked #2 of 10 Hotels in Lombard
GreenLeadersSilver level
Bluffton, South Carolina
“The staff at the Westin Yorktown Lombard is outstanding.”
Reviewed September 24, 2010

My family and I stayed at the Westin Yorktown Lombard for 3 nights to attend my father's memorial.
The assoicates at the front desk, Sally, Marker, Melanie and Victor made are arrival for this somber occasion very smooth.
The GM's Audrey and Mike took outstanding care to makesure that we were comfortable and able to gather together when our family joined us at the hotel.
The service at Harry Carey's with Ryan as our awesome server was fantastic.
The staff as a whole at the Westin was very understanding of our circumstances and made our somber occasion there a comfortable one.
They took great care of us. They all definitely Surprised and Delighted my Family.
Thank you all.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (187)
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed September 21, 2010

My family was here for a funeral service & we had quite a few rooms. The staff couldn't have been more accommodating & helpful with our needs. The restaurants were great! Wish we could have been there under better circumstances, but overall this hotel was GREAT!!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
Erie, Illinois
Reviewed September 7, 2010

To start, my wife and I love Westin hotels! The “heavenly beds” are incredibly comfortable and the “heavenly baths” are very relaxing.

This hotel falls right in line with what I said above. To add to that, it is very modern, clean, quiet, and relaxing. It also has a Harry Carey restaurant on the ground level which is a huge plus.

I know this review is short, but there isn’t much more to be said about this place other than it’s great, and you will not be disappointed!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
Rushville, Illinois
Reviewed August 26, 2010

Come on Westin, you are a nice hotel but even the Super 8's have free internet access! I love to travel and have been to many hotels but have never been hit with a $10/day internet fee. There is no free breakfast bar like many of the 2/3 star hotels have. There were 2 bottles of water sitting out, my fianc'e didn't realize we would be charged $3 to drink one. Small snacks in the mini-fridge were very expensive (including they charge for a restocking fee).

The hotel room was clean, pool was nice, I loved the hot tub. I appreciate the fact that the hotel is trying to go green, but the $5 off hotel services we got for not using housekeeping for a day was a waste because we couldn't use it for anything. We thought maybe it would apply to the $3 bottle of water we didn't realize we would be charged for but they said no and billed us for it. This hotel looks to make $ anyway that you can!

1 Thank Queen_Michelle99
marilgri, Manager at The Westin Lombard Yorktown Center, responded to this review, September 1, 2010
Thank you for using the Go Green program and in turn helping our environment.
The Starwood Go Green offer is available for use in our restaurants, in-room dining orders or SPG points can be taken.
For future visits please take full advantage of our business center which offers complimentary internet, copy and fax machines; the internet is also complimentary in our lobby area. We take all feedback seriously and we are sorry we did not meet your expectations.
Toronto
Reviewed August 24, 2010

This Westin hotel is one of the few 4 star hotels that we could choose in Lombard on priceline. It's a great hotel that's about 30-40 min drive from downtown. Hotels downtown will charge you $30-40 for parking a day so it's good that parking is free here. It's location is in a great spot with a Target right next door and the Yorktown Center mall right next to it to do some great shopping. There are also numerous restaurants around the area to go out and grab a bit to eat or a drink after a long day of visiting the city.

The hotel itself is very nice. The lobby is grand and spacious. Hotel staff were friendly and it was a breeze to check in and check out. Our king sized bed was very comfortable with plentiful pillows and they have a dual shower head which was very interesting. It was very spacious and definitely accommodating enough for the two of us. The hotel also has a business center with 2 computers and a printer; fitness center and pool, which we did not use. The one complaint I do have is that they charge for wireless internet use. With the majority of hotels offering free wireless, I don't think this is a reasonable item to charge for.

This hotel looks like it is mainly targeted towards business use, and the rates reflect this. Weekday rates were higher than weekend rates when I booked. Overall this is a hotel I would consider again in Chicago. Though I would try and one closer to the downtown area.

Michigan
Reviewed August 14, 2010

The Westin Lombard was just what we needed after a long day in Chicago. The staff were friendly and helpful, the rooms were pristine, and the beds were heavenly. We loved the dual headed shower, and the white tea aloe smells were absolutely blissful... I'm thinking of ordering some via their website: http://www.westin-hotelsathome.com/category.aspx?WhiteTeaAloe
I wish it was located a little closer to downtown Chicago, but all in all, we had a positive experience and would stay again and again!

Illinois
Reviewed July 28, 2010

I usually stay at this Westin twice a month for busines - and sometimes more.

I have never had a bad experience with anything at this hotel and I have stayed in close to 100 hotels around the country.

The location is great - lots of restaurants around and tons of shopping.

And the recently upgraded outdoor area is a great place to have a quiet drink with comfortable seating.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lombard
Hyatt Place Chicago/Lombard
Embassy Suites by Hilton Chicago - Lombard/Oak Brook
Hilton Chicago Oak Brook Suites
Hilton Chicago Oak Brook Suites
#1 of 8 in Oakbrook Terrace
Le Meridien Chicago - Oakbrook Center
The Hyatt Lodge at McDonald's Campus
Residence Inn Chicago Lombard

Been to The Westin Lombard Yorktown Center? Share your experiences!