“Good business hotel” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Verona, Italy
“Good business hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

I stayed at this hotel to attend a conference (the hotel offers conference facilities). Ok, if you are a tourist, do not come there. Far from the city center (75 dollars to the loop by taxi), near a big shopping center, and that's it. If you are in Lombard for business, that's OK. The hotel itself complies with the Westin standard. Large rooms, clean, with good amenities. Good mattress and linens. Probably the rooms would benefit of some revamp (furnitures are a bit old fashioned), but that's a minor point. The restaurant is OK, for the US standard.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
      Location
    • 4 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (165)
canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

3 stays at this Westin have all been exceptional for conferences; lovely exercise facilities; staff are very friendly & helpful; terrific pool; well appointed meeting rooms for conferences; excellent elevator service, with several spacious elevators

Room Tip: all 3 rooms I have stayed in are good value. particularly like the upgrade to club lounge, which is...
Green Features: excellent incentive to follow environmentally friendly practices, & increases personal privacy
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Paramus, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

I stayed here for 2 nights for meetings, and could not be more delighted with my experience. In addition to Westin's fantastic Heavenly Bed and Heavenly Bath, the staff is heavenly too! Theo Jefferson at the Front Desk deserves special recognition for making sure my needs were met. I needed a hard copy of my Powerpoint presentation printed out with speaker notes for my use, and Theo he immediately offered to print what I needed, and he told me how to email the presentation to him. It was printed quickly and delivered with a smile. Thank you Theo, and the rest of the staff.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
      Rooms
1 Thank JERZEYGIRL3
Cleveland, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

We stay at this hotel whenever we visit Chicago for family events. Westin in Lombard Yorktown is friendly with dogs. They let dog stays free, no extra charge. In fact the doorman always gives our dog a treat in the morning. We stay there not just because of our dog but because we really like the location and its amenities. Its exercise room, swimming pool, spa and sauna room are very nice. The room itself is very adequate, and very clean. The hotel is less than 3 miles from Oakbrook Center, which is a shopping heaven. It is right cross the street to Yorktown shopping center. Lots of green space there for dogs to walk. I wish the hotel will provide internet access in the guest rooms free. overall I recommend this hotel very highly.

Room Tip: stay at 15th floor or higher
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
      Sleep Quality
Chicago, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

We stayed for one night away from the city seeking a little r & r and posh digs. The Westin Lombard is a 2 star at best and at $275 per night, it's not an experience I will do again.

I couldn't find the mini fridge in which to put my left overs, so I called the front desk and was told that the hotel was working on getting them until then I could rent one for $10 a night. However, after reading past reviews it seems that they were actually removed from all the rooms as a nickel and dime tactic. I have since noted that they do not list in room refrigerators as amenities anymore, but they do say "recharge with a snack from the in-room refreshment center ", which our room did not have either. I would suggest if they aren't going to offer a fridge as standard fare then remove the cabinets where they were once housed, (see picture) as the void is just bad aesthetics and screams budget motel.
The carpet in our room was bunched up, again aesthetics. The smoke detector light flashes every two seconds all night long. The in room safe did not work, it needed to be serviced based upon the digital display. (see pic) The pool and hot tub water was way over chlorinated, like huffing Clorox straight out of a bottle. The hot tub had a constant rotation of children ages 6-12 treating it like a kiddie pool. We tried to just ignore seven kids bouncing and splashing around but they had no concept of personal space and after about the third time one of them fell into my lap I gave up. The rules sign states no one under 16 is allowed in the hot tub but a parent was not present and the hotel doesn't monitor it. Later we mentioned the situation to a hotel employee but he just shrugged and said there was nothing he could do about it. Last but not least, we asked for a king size bed but was given a queen.
I've stayed at a Holiday Inn Express with more perks.

Room Tip: Room #1584
Green Features: I did not observe any environmentally friendly practices.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars
      Location
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
1 Thank hititorquitit
WLYC, General Manager at The Westin Lombard Yorktown Center, responded to this review, July 28, 2014
Hello,

I do appreciate you taking the time share your experience with us and please accept my sincerest apologies your service/stay was not as expected and as you should have received.

I am very sorry our advertisement has not been updated. We are no longer offering a refreshment center in our guest rooms (which was the empty spot in the cabinet) and items are now offered through Service Express. This is a way for the hotel to monitor expiration dates on all items. Currently refrigerators are being ordered and will be placed in all rooms, but this has been an extremely slow process.

Please do call if you are having any issues in your room by dialing 0 from your in-room phone and someone would gladly and expeditiously correct the problem.

Be Well,
Mike Feigenbaum
Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

We stay at this beautiful and centrally located property whenever we visit Chicago. Its location is perfect and close proximity to downtown yet in the mall for more convenient shopping. The rooms are very comfortable and the staff always greets you with a smile. What was so exciting about this last visit was the upgrade to concierge level which gave us the pleasure of seeing all the fireworks displays throughout the city and suburbs. It was awesome!

Room Tip: Room on high floors with views of the skyline
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
      Rooms
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2014 via mobile

They have an awesome staff and the hotel is a newer hotel. It is close to shopping and restaurants and they do everything to to make you feel welcome! It is a super place to stay for short or long stay, business or pleasure.

Easy driving too to Naperville or southern suburbs.

Stayed June 2014
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lombard
Hyatt Place Chicago/Lombard
Stay Inn Lombard
Stay Inn Lombard
#3 of 10 in Lombard
4.0 of 5 stars 248 reviews

Been to The Westin Lombard Yorktown Center? Share your experiences!