“Very nice business hotel”

The Westin Lombard Yorktown Center
Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in Lombard
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed February 3, 2014

I stayed here three nights for a business conference. My room was quite spacious with a very comfortable bed. The shower was excellent. There is free bottled water and free coffee provided in each room. Room service was very good, although the menu was somewhat limited. The hotel is located close to shopping and a plethora of restaurants. Staff was friendly and helpful. The exercise room had plenty of treadmills and elliptical trainers. All in all a very good choice for business travel.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business

Reviewed February 1, 2014 via mobile

Tough to give this an enthusiastic thumbs-up, but it tries and comes up just short. Nice lounge/sports bar. Nice restaurant. Rooms are decent though they could be a little better kept up. The beds are comfortable and the staff is pleasant. For a suburban hotel, it just misses the mark by a small margin.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
WLYC, General Manager at The Westin Lombard Yorktown Center, responded to this reviewResponded February 5, 2014

Hello,

I appreciate for taking time out of your schedule to post your observations and am disappointed we did not live up to your expectations in all aspects of the hotel. Your feedback will assist in improving our guest’s experiences.

I thank you, once again, for taking the time to write. We will always welcome the opportunity to be of service.

Reviewed January 22, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for a hockey tournament. The room and hotel were very nice. The kids all enjoyed the pool area. Even though it's just a lap pool it's very large. Only complaint about pool area would be that it's all one depth so wasn't very easy for little ones who would've liked a shallow end. No wifi in the rooms unless you paid $10 a day but wifi was free in the lobby. A little inconvenient though. Would've preferred free in room wifi which seems standard most other places. Plus in the lobby they had these floral arrangements which made my asthma and sinus issues absolutely horrible if I sat there to use wifi. Friend in another room requested non feather pillows due to allergies. They only had 3. Once she had those 3 I was unable to get non feather pillows for my allergies. Feel that they definitely needed more.

• Stayed: January 2014
Reviewed January 16, 2014

Superb mattress. Super clean room. Quiet. Excellent flat screen TV. Delightful shower. Coffee/tea in room. FREE amazing breakfast. Two excellent restaurants in house. My wife and I enjoyed two nights here. Very helpful and friendly staff. Very easy check in with multiple island stations.

Room Tip: We belong to their club, so we were given the free breakfaast.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
WLYC, General Manager at The Westin Lombard Yorktown Center, responded to this reviewResponded February 4, 2014

Dear Robin,

Your thoughtful comments are greatly appreciated. It is always rewarding to receive such praise about our property, but I particularly like to thank you for recognizing our associates as helpful and friendly.

We can’t wait to welcome you back.

Reviewed January 7, 2014

I have stayed here a couple of times but last week, my 1 night stay was made so much better because of one thing. The receptionist Kyle.

The hotel is clean, smart, well positioned and normally a pleasure to stay at. All you need is one excellent member of staff to make sure I return time and time again. If i have the chance, I will chose the Westin, just because of one staff members interest in my stay, my experience and who I am.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
WLYC, General Manager at The Westin Lombard Yorktown Center, responded to this reviewResponded January 31, 2014

Hello,

Thank you for your kind comments. I especially enjoy knowing that Kyle made your stay much more memorable. Kyle will appreciate your recognition.

We look forward to your next stay with us.

Reviewed January 7, 2014

hotel was great all the employees were nice from the valet to desk. they went out of ther way to make are stay good. the room was very niceand the bed was great. hotel had 2 nice places to dine and some very good bars to enjoy. can not wait to go back. i will let friends and family know how we were treated. thanks again

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Joe,

Your kind comments are greatly appreciated. It was a pleasure to note you enjoyed the hotel, found our associates to be helpful and were able to enjoy the area.

Word of mouth is the best marketing tool we can have and I thank you for your support.

We would love to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed January 6, 2014

The view is nice because there are no other large buildings in the immediate area. I was surprised that I was able to see the Willis Tower out the window; I thought this was further from downtown than it actually is.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
WLYC, General Manager at The Westin Lombard Yorktown Center, responded to this reviewResponded January 30, 2014

Dear Zaphod,

Thank you for taking time out of your day to post your review. On clear days, the view is wonderful and can see the entire Chicago skyline.

Please come back and visit with us soon.

Mike Feigenbaum

Also consider these accommodations in or near Lombard
Hyatt Place Chicago/Lombard
Embassy Suites by Hilton Chicago Lombard Oak Brook
Le Meridien Chicago - Oakbrook Center
Sonesta ES Suites Chicago - Lombard
Hilton Chicago Oak Brook Suites
Hilton Chicago Oak Brook Suites
#1 of 8 in Oakbrook Terrace
The Drake Hotel - Oak Brook

Been to The Westin Lombard Yorktown Center? Share your experiences!