“Good hotel...odd location”

The Westin Lombard Yorktown Center
Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in Lombard
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed October 31, 2013

I frequently stayed at this hotel on trips to see a client in Naperville. The rooms are comfortable, the Club level lounge is a nice perk, and the staff treats people well. Only negative is the location in an odd shopping mall.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Patrick F
WLYC, General Manager at The Westin Lombard Yorktown Center, responded to this reviewResponded November 4, 2013

Dear Patrick,

I am glad you found your stay to be comfortable, enjoyed our Club Lounge and were well cared for by our associates.

We will forward to your returned visit.

Reviewed October 29, 2013

Was at this hotel for two nights to attend a wedding being held on-site. Have stayed at many Westins and this one is very typical of the others. Clean, neat, quiet and comfortable. Standard rooms are not that large, but the bed was comfortable, tv new and overall very quiet. Location was very easy to get to and near a lot of dining options.
A bit disappointing that there wasn't a more casual restaurant in the hotel, but the Target next door to the hotel had a Starbucks in it. Only negative experience we had was in the bar of Harry Caray's (the only true bar in the hotel) before the wedding. They seemed under-staffed at 4pm on a Saturday and the bartender seemed like he was new (we asked, he'd been there almost 2 years) because he seemed very overwhelmed and confused with a group of 15 ordering drinks. Otherwise, everyone at the hotel was very friendly and helpful.
The fitness center is one of the better hotel fitness facilities I've seen in a while, although the temperature early in the morning was somewhat unbearable.

Room Tip: The corner rooms seemed to be a bit larger in the main area. Many of the rooms seemed to have issue...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed October 24, 2013

I had a wonderful time staying at the Westin.The hotel is nestled right in the heart of Yorktown Shopping Center.The rooms were beautiful and extremely comfortable. The service was excellent! Julia made us feel at home and was very attentive. She assisted us with finding local venues and shops. My family wants to return for the upcoming holiday travels! We will see you soon!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family

Dear Renata,

I am happy you had a wonderful stay, found your rooms to be beautiful and comfortable. The Heavenly beds are amazing and our area has something for everyone to enjoy.

Julia is an asset to our wonderful staff as she always tries to provide service with distinction to all of our guests. She will enjoy the recognition you provided.

I do look forward to your returned visit.

Reviewed October 22, 2013

I was here on business and working evenings. They were very courteous and respected my schedule as it was not quite the normal routine for most guests. I would like to give many thanks to Julie Glazier and Deanne.
After the end of my business trip I had to fly to Indiana and help pack/move my 90 year old mother back to California. I realized when I was at the airport returning my rental car that I had left my cell phone in the room. Oh tragic I thought but Julie and Deanne retrieved my phone and sent next day air to Indiana. Crisis diverted and I had my phone the next day @ 10am. I don't know what I would have done without it.
Thank you soooo much for helping me out in an already stressful situation.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business

Hello,

I am delighted you were able to experience the exceptional service our staff strives to provide to our guests. Thank you for your recognition of Julie and Deanne – they will absolutely appreciate your thoughtfulness.

Please come back and visit us again soon.

Reviewed October 21, 2013

Poor location surrounded by a very large parking lot and a mall, late night in room service without any hot options ("we run out, sorry"), no restaurants within reasonable distance past 10pm, no minibar (they have been taken out, apparently as a cost saving measure).
In all, simply a very expensive property which would not exist were it not for the large number of SPG-addicted executives, sales people and consultants that charge their stays on corporate cards.
TO BE AVOIDED at all costs!

Room Tip: Don't stay here!
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business

Claudio B,

I am very sorry our location was not to your satisfaction. Our area does offer a number of options which are accessible to our guests. If guests do not have a vehicle, the hotel does offer a complimentary shuttle which runs within 5 miles of the hotel.
The minibars were taken out because we are able to manage the stock quality from a central location instead of individual guest rooms.

I wish you well with your future travels.

Reviewed October 17, 2013

Had a great time here this month while staying on business. There was a dance competition here and was a little loud. Hundreds of little girls running around. They were having fun. Rooms were large and clean.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed October 17, 2013

This is a very good property, but not up to the standards of a true 5 Star property. In my book, older properties often don't score as high due to the bar being raised on newer properties. I stayed here on business for one night in room 1327 a standard king room.

PRO's:

Excellent service
Clean
Room had fridge but no microwave
Tasteful Contemporary Décor
32" flat screen is expected nowadays
Excellent shower

CON's

Older property that has been well maintained and updated
Auto climate control made room stuffy
Sub-par work chair
Only 2 outlets for laptops and electronics
Hard to find outlets in the room overall, for iron.

Overall this was a fine property and I give it a 90/100 overall, but only a 70/100 for value. Westins are pricey and I believe this is where the property falls short.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank YepBeenThere
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lombard
Hyatt Place Chicago/Lombard
Embassy Suites by Hilton Chicago Lombard Oak Brook
Le Meridien Chicago - Oakbrook Center
Sonesta ES Suites Chicago - Lombard
Hilton Chicago Oak Brook Suites
Hilton Chicago Oak Brook Suites
#1 of 8 in Oakbrook Terrace
The Drake Hotel - Oak Brook

Been to The Westin Lombard Yorktown Center? Share your experiences!