“Outskirts of Chicago Saves Time & Money”

The Westin Lombard Yorktown Center
Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in Lombard
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed September 30, 2013

Usually a downtown stayer, but this time my Mom and I chose to stay in Lombard to see the differences. Saved us time on the road and saved money because hotels are less per night out here than downtown. You can always take a cab or ride the train into the city if you want to go enjoy an event or the atmosphere down there. We shopped OakBrook Mall and dined at area restaurants. All was a great, less rushed, experience.

The Westin did not disappoint. I love the lobby, the fast check-in service and the spacious and plentiful elevators to get you to your room. This hotel is very clean. Rooms are spacious and clean. I LOVE the beds at the Westin - you will be in for a good night sleep for sure! We had a corner room (#1839) with two windows!! You rarely see that in a hotel. The shower is the rainfall shower head. Do not be scared...this shower still has power to get the soap out of your hair! But for your convenience it has a detachable shower head too. This hotel is within walking distance of Target. And JCPenney is not too far away either. Plenty of free parking. The mall is less than 5 miles away along with many popular restaurants and strip malls.

I will stay here again when I am wanting a more relaxed Chicago experience. This location will also be good for children because there is so much space in the room for their toys and electronics. Maybe 30 driving minutes from Legoland Discovery Center in Schaumburg.

Room Tip: Ask if there are weddings or conventions in this hotel and get a room that is appropriate for your s...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
WLYC, General Manager at The Westin Lombard Yorktown Center, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2013

Dear Iowalacey999,

Thank you for choosing to stay at The Westin Lombard Yorktown Center and for the wonderful detailed review. As you noted, we do have many wonderful options for shopping and dining in our surrounding area.

To enhance our guest’s outings, we also offer complimentary shuttle service which offers easy access to the businesses in the area; service is available within 5 miles of our location. This is an option for guest’s who would like to take a trip into the Chicago area.

I look forward to your next visit with us.

There are newer reviews for The Westin Lombard Yorktown Center

Reviewed September 30, 2013

I recently stayed at the Westin Lombard when I accompanied my husband to a conference. I was on my own during the day and I felt like I was on a cruise ship! I had breakfast then went to the pool area. The pool is large enough to swim laps. In addition there are a whirlpool and sauna. After my swim, I took the paper out to the sun-deck and relaxed in relative privacy. My "shore excursion" was a trip across the parking lot to the Yorktown Center Mall.

The staff here are all very friendly, helpful and knowledgeable about the hotel and area. When we checked in we were given a choice about which floor we wanted. Our room was a corner room that was quite spacious. The hotel is meticulously clean and very well kept. The bed linens are of top quality and there were plenty of pillows! I loved that the shower-head was the rain type. The hotel has a shuttle that will take you to the train station if you want to get into the city. Every staff member that I encountered was pleasant, and wished me a good day. I was also impressed that they had a special recycling specific trash can in our room and if you opt for reusing your towel and not having your bed stripped and re-done every day you can get a $5 voucher.

Room Tip: Ask for a corner room! Having two windows to let in the light was wonderful.
1  Thank Kentucky_Kat
WLYC, General Manager at The Westin Lombard Yorktown Center, responded to this reviewResponded October 2, 2013

Dear Kentucky_Kat,

I thank you and appreciate the time you took to complete such a beaming review of our hotel and associates. I truly enjoy your comparison between our property and being on a cruise. I love cruising and know how much attention and care is given to cruising guests.

It was gratifying to read that you enjoyed both the hotel facilities and the surrounding area. It sounds like you were certainly busy relaxing while your husband attended his conference. I hope you have experienced the hotel you both will come back and visit again for personal getaway soon.

Stay Well,

Reviewed September 20, 2013

The staff was very friendly and helpful. The room was comfortable and clean. The meeting rooms were set-up nicely. However, the banquet rooms were tight. There was more room in the banquet area that could have given more room for the tables, but was not utilize. I spent four nights there at an organization reunion. Our overall experience was very good.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
WLYC, General Manager at The Westin Lombard Yorktown Center, responded to this reviewResponded September 23, 2013

Dear Grabert2013,

Thank you for taking the time to provide a review of your stay. We are pleased that, despite some banquet space challenges were encountered, you found your overall experience to be very good.

There are various possibilities of why your group’s meeting planner may have chosen the space your function was held.

I hope we have the opportunity to host you and reunion again soon in a more spacious setting.

Reviewed September 17, 2013

Stayed two nights for a family gathering in the area. Clean hotel, friendly and helpful staff, lovely lobby area, nice bar,(another review of Harry Caray's under restaurants), comfortable beds, close to shopping and many off site restaurants.
Easy access to the airport as well, but ... be aware, interstates to the area charge tolls and for those not aware, some booths are change only and some have attendants. Most booths are about $1.50.

The mall is just a short walk as are other off site places to eat.
We were here on family business and this was a perfect location for us to fly in and out and be close to family as well as the ability to do a little shopping and eat off site which from our experience, we would suggest.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family

Dear Shelbee67,

Thank you for the wonderful compliments of our property and your recommendations to future guests coming to our area.

It would be my pleasure to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed September 16, 2013

Stayed on business for two nights - hotel is in a good location within walking distance (as in same parking lot) to a mall with several restaurants to choose from in addition to the two in the hotel itself. Room was on 14th floor- nice size room with comfy king bed. Did not use the pool or gym. The staff was polite from arrival to departure but they are in the middle of refurbing the mini bars in the hotel which I was not told when checking-in. When I got to room, I called to request the mini-bar be stocked and a key left and then went out to dinner. The next morning when I went to retrieve my morning caffeine (I'm not a coffee drinker which is provided), the fridge was still locked. I visited the front desk on my way to my morning meeting and was told they do not stock the fridges at all and that if I wanted a coke, I should just call room service. I'm fine with that except I wasn't actually told that the first two times I placed request. When I got back from my meetings that day, there were two cokes in the fridge and I was charged the 18% room service fee on my bill- that's a little ridiculous to me. I'm not the super complaining type- but do be aware if you are planning a stay that you need to call room service for any cold beverages or snacks. Also- for those traveling with items that need refridgeration - call the front desk and they will provide you an appropriate one as the one in the room may not be able to keep it cold enough- this was disclosed in the room, but could be helpful at check-in. The hotel staff is extremely polite, the hotel is clean and quiet - for business travel it is great for meetings in the suburbs.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on a higher floor with views of Chicago -
Reviewed September 11, 2013

Three nights on business trip. Pleasant helpful staff from check-in to check-out and including the door men and house cleaning staff. Great exercise room and indoor pool. Good choice at two restaurants although it seems like one with two areas. Both menus are available at either restaurant. In the middle of a huge shopping area with restaurants and shops and a mall. Target next door. Great area to walk if you prefer outdoor exercise. Clean nice large room with all needs except internet. You must purchase internet service. Everything else absolutely fine and loved my stay.

Reviewed September 5, 2013

I love this hotel. The beds are crazy comfortable, bathrooms are awesome, everything is always clean. Customer service is the best and to the gal on the phone that helped me out in a bad situation the evening of sept. 3, my hats off to you. You rock.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lombard
Hyatt Place Chicago/Lombard
Embassy Suites by Hilton Chicago Lombard Oak Brook
Le Meridien Chicago - Oakbrook Center
Hilton Chicago Oak Brook Suites
Hilton Chicago Oak Brook Suites
#1 of 8 in Oakbrook Terrace
The Hyatt Lodge at McDonald's Campus
Doubletree Suites by Hilton Hotel & Conference Center Chicago / Downers Grove

Been to The Westin Lombard Yorktown Center? Share your experiences!