“Nice Place to stay”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Chicago, Illinois
“Nice Place to stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2013

The staff was very friendly and helpful. The room was comfortable and clean. The meeting rooms were set-up nicely. However, the banquet rooms were tight. There was more room in the banquet area that could have given more room for the tables, but was not utilize. I spent four nights there at an organization reunion. Our overall experience was very good.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
WLYC, General Manager at The Westin Lombard Yorktown Center, responded to this review, September 23, 2013
Dear Grabert2013,

Thank you for taking the time to provide a review of your stay. We are pleased that, despite some banquet space challenges were encountered, you found your overall experience to be very good.

There are various possibilities of why your group’s meeting planner may have chosen the space your function was held.

I hope we have the opportunity to host you and reunion again soon in a more spacious setting.

Be Well,
Mike Feigenbaum

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (184)
Longboat Key, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2013

Stayed two nights for a family gathering in the area. Clean hotel, friendly and helpful staff, lovely lobby area, nice bar,(another review of Harry Caray's under restaurants), comfortable beds, close to shopping and many off site restaurants.
Easy access to the airport as well, but ... be aware, interstates to the area charge tolls and for those not aware, some booths are change only and some have attendants. Most booths are about $1.50.

The mall is just a short walk as are other off site places to eat.
We were here on family business and this was a perfect location for us to fly in and out and be close to family as well as the ability to do a little shopping and eat off site which from our experience, we would suggest.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Dear Shelbee67,

Thank you for the wonderful compliments of our property and your recommendations to future guests coming to our area.

It would be my pleasure to welcome you back soon.

Be Well,
Mike Feigenbaum
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2013

Stayed on business for two nights - hotel is in a good location within walking distance (as in same parking lot) to a mall with several restaurants to choose from in addition to the two in the hotel itself. Room was on 14th floor- nice size room with comfy king bed. Did not use the pool or gym. The staff was polite from arrival to departure but they are in the middle of refurbing the mini bars in the hotel which I was not told when checking-in. When I got to room, I called to request the mini-bar be stocked and a key left and then went out to dinner. The next morning when I went to retrieve my morning caffeine (I'm not a coffee drinker which is provided), the fridge was still locked. I visited the front desk on my way to my morning meeting and was told they do not stock the fridges at all and that if I wanted a coke, I should just call room service. I'm fine with that except I wasn't actually told that the first two times I placed request. When I got back from my meetings that day, there were two cokes in the fridge and I was charged the 18% room service fee on my bill- that's a little ridiculous to me. I'm not the super complaining type- but do be aware if you are planning a stay that you need to call room service for any cold beverages or snacks. Also- for those traveling with items that need refridgeration - call the front desk and they will provide you an appropriate one as the one in the room may not be able to keep it cold enough- this was disclosed in the room, but could be helpful at check-in. The hotel staff is extremely polite, the hotel is clean and quiet - for business travel it is great for meetings in the suburbs.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on a higher floor with views of Chicago -
Green Features: Hotel does participate in helping the environment - just place the placard provided on your door and they will not change the sheets and/or towels - whatever you prefer! Nice option.
Macon, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2013

Three nights on business trip. Pleasant helpful staff from check-in to check-out and including the door men and house cleaning staff. Great exercise room and indoor pool. Good choice at two restaurants although it seems like one with two areas. Both menus are available at either restaurant. In the middle of a huge shopping area with restaurants and shops and a mall. Target next door. Great area to walk if you prefer outdoor exercise. Clean nice large room with all needs except internet. You must purchase internet service. Everything else absolutely fine and loved my stay.

davenport iowa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2013

I love this hotel. The beds are crazy comfortable, bathrooms are awesome, everything is always clean. Customer service is the best and to the gal on the phone that helped me out in a bad situation the evening of sept. 3, my hats off to you. You rock.

Madison
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2013

I have stayed here a few times, and have been upgraded to the larger Executive Suites each time.

This time it did not happen. I can accept that, of course, but when getting checked in, please do not pretend that you have upgraded me like i am getting something special with King. Please!

The person working the desk was putting me on floor 3, and I absolutely do not care for low floors in a tall building. Put me on 1 of the 2 top floors like I always expect and ask for.

When I saw 3, I asked for a higher floor, which was not an issue for the youngster working the desk.

Just bothers me when staff pretend they are upgrading me, when they are really not doing it.

Room was nice, clean, I love this hotel. Had a Harry Carey steak for room service...very good.

Green Features: I do not care for the Green Choice. I see it as a scam. A way in which the hotel chain can claim they are eco-friendly, and at the same time reduce their costs. I think the real reason they do this is to save money, and do not care about the environment.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2013

Stayed here for 3 days. We were looking for an alternative to staying in downtown Chicago. The hotel was nice. It seemed newly renovated. The bed was comfortable and the room was spacious. The price was easy on the wallet. Definitely lived up to Westin expectations. Would recommend.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lombard
Hyatt Place Chicago/Lombard
Embassy Suites by Hilton Chicago - Lombard/Oak Brook
Hilton Chicago Oak Brook Suites
Hilton Chicago Oak Brook Suites
#1 of 8 in Oakbrook Terrace
Le Meridien Chicago - Oakbrook Center
The Hyatt Lodge at McDonald's Campus
Residence Inn Chicago Lombard

Been to The Westin Lombard Yorktown Center? Share your experiences!