“great stay at the Westin Lombard....”

The Westin Lombard Yorktown Center
Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in Lombard
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed May 13, 2013

Pros:
- Service was fast and friendly
- Free shuttle within a short distance - the shuttle driver also arranged a taxi for us later in the day!
- In the same lot as Target, which is convenient
- Comfortable beds and rooms, which is expected of a Westin
- We had dinner at Harey Caray's in the hotel, which was quite good
- Convenient location

Cons:
- Can't really think of any! We had meeting out in this direction, so the location made sense for us. Of course staying downtown has a lot more within walking distance!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank cj_minneapolis
WLYC, General Manager at The Westin Lombard Yorktown Center, responded to this reviewResponded May 22, 2013

I appreciate the time you took out of your busy schedule to post your observations. I delighted to know our staff and hotel met your expectations.

As you mentioned, the hotel offers complimentary shuttle service to our guests. Service is available within a 5 mile radius of the hotel to the many restaurants, shops and businesses in the area.

We look forward to your return visit.

Be Well,

Reviewed May 10, 2013

The Westin Lombard is in a fantastic location, has great large clean rooms. Service is very friendly and willing to please. Some have mentioned that they find the Yorktown Mall lacking - this mall is a great easy in/out mall and is surrounds by TONS of great restaurants (around the mall and up and down Butterfield Rd). The larger, higher end Oak Brook Mall is only 5 minutes east on Butterfield. You will be spoiled for choice for dining and shopping.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
WLYC, General Manager at The Westin Lombard Yorktown Center, responded to this reviewResponded May 13, 2013

Dear CruisinChris1,

Thank you for your insight regarding our hotel, area malls and businesses. As you noted, we do have many great options for shopping and dining in the surrounding area.

To enhance our guest’s outings, the hotel has complimentary shuttle service which offers easy access to the businesses in the area; service is available within 5 miles of our location.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Be Well,

Reviewed May 8, 2013

I stayed here while i was taking a course around the corner. The hotel is lovely. I love the Westin workout clothes and shoes they provide. This saved a lot of room in my suitcase. The mall right outside is kinda lacking but their is a huge Target across the parking lot - with a Starbucks. There is also a great Brew House on the other side of the mall. The room service is fast and servings are plentiful.

No complaints about this hotel. Staff were very friendly and helpful!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Amanda262626
WLYC, General Manager at The Westin Lombard Yorktown Center, responded to this reviewResponded May 10, 2013

Thank you for the insightful review. I'm delighted the Westin Lombard and its amenities were to your satisfaction and overall enjoyed your visit with us. I see you enjoy working out and coffee – I am pleased both needs were fulfilled.

I hope to welcome you back soon.

Be well,

Reviewed May 5, 2013

We stayed for a quick in and out visit to Chicago and the Shedd Aquarium. The location for such a trip is perfect. If you wanted to ride the Metra, it is close or you can get right on the Interstate and stop at the L station Blue Line at Forest Park or drive into downtown, whatever floats your boat. The location is the best asset for this hotel. There is a Target and a mall within walking distance and a wide variety of restaurants you can drive to.

The front desk staff was helpful when I asked for help, otherwise professional and efficient.

I was not impressed with the bell staff. I travel comfortable when on family travel and do not look very professional (work out pants or shorts and t-shirt) and was not given the same greeting as the suits (we got none compared to a hello, smile and door opening). As a former bellman at a resort, you treat everyone the same from age 1 month to 110 years old. Didn't get what I gave 20 years ago. My wife asked for a bell cart to load air mattress, kids blankets, pillows, etc (fellow parent you know all the extras I speak of) and was refused unless a bellman accompanied the cart. I understand the concept but don't agree with it, just let us be self sufficient. I go back to my experience as a bellman you always let the guest do what they want, the bellman is there to help however necessary not insist. Terrible bell staff.

Otherwise, decent stay. Good room. Good location. Friendly front desk. Will consider staying again. Side note, check your bill, I got Internet as my gold reward one day, but not the second, I signed up for the green SPG point bonus (online and put the hanger on our door) but didn't get the points. I will call to remedy, just details you will need to watch for.

Room Tip: As for high story with a view of the City.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank D K
Reviewed May 4, 2013

I stayed at the Westin for 2 nights last week on a business trip (women's convention) and was absolutely impressed with everything. Great rooms, super comfortable beds/pillows, wonderful conference space and friendly staff -- excellent. The best part was that even after checking out and having left some articles of clothing in my hotel room, the housekeeping manager (John) was kind enough to mail them to me. I was so impressed! The Westin has won me over.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed April 26, 2013 via mobile

We stayed in the executive suite for a convention. While the room was very large and modern, quite a few of the little things were overlooked. For starters there was no way to turn off the hallway light so the person sleeping on the pullout couch had to have a closet door open to try to block out the light. There was only one remote for two TVs, the shower head leaked even though it was turned all the way off, the in room refrigerator had a completely frozen over freezer section and any drinks places near it would freeze as well! The Internet couldn't be accessed because our name and room number wasn't matched up. While we could have probably had this corrected at the front desk we were busy with other stuff and didn't ask. While the housekeeping staff was great for our immediate needs the room needed a good deep clean, there was dust on the main mirror ledges and on the telephones. I expected to be impressed with a suite, but came away disappointed.

• Stayed: April 2013
WLYC, General Manager at The Westin Lombard Yorktown Center, responded to this reviewResponded April 29, 2013

Dear OmahaGal52,

Thank you for taking the time to post your observations.

We prefer you have a relaxing stay and not worry about things. Alerting a member of our staff about any concerns you may have during your visit with us or checkout is highly suggested. Your comments have been forwarded to the proper department head for review and continual training of staff.

Be Well.

Reviewed April 21, 2013

We love this hotel for multiple reasons. First, it is still new relatively speaking. It has all of the amenities you are looking for. It is right next to Yorktown and only 10 minutes (if that) from Oak Brook Mall if you want to shop. There are multiple restaurants nearby at Yorktown or Oak Brook. It is only about 1/2 hour to Naperville. If you want to go downtown, it is not too far to the Train. If you are looking to drive to downtown, be prepared to spend at least an hour on the road if there is any traffic. The hotel is also pet-friendly. We had nothing negative or critical to say about the Hotel. Plus, you are right by a Harry Caray's restaurant. What could be better?

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
WLYC, General Manager at The Westin Lombard Yorktown Center, responded to this reviewResponded May 1, 2013

Thanks for the positive review. We are ideally located close to great retail areas making us perfect for shopping and dining (what could be better).

If guests are interested in taking the train downtown, our hotel shuttle is available for complimentary service to and from the two stations in the area.

We hope to welcome you back soon.

Be Well

Mike Feigenbaum

Also consider these accommodations in or near Lombard
Hyatt Place Chicago/Lombard
Embassy Suites by Hilton Chicago Lombard Oak Brook
The Hyatt Lodge at McDonald's Campus
Hilton Chicago Oak Brook Suites
Hilton Chicago Oak Brook Suites
#1 of 8 in Oakbrook Terrace
Le Meridien Chicago - Oakbrook Center
Doubletree Suites by Hilton Hotel & Conference Center Chicago / Downers Grove

Been to The Westin Lombard Yorktown Center? Share your experiences!