“Pleasant, but probably wouldn't choose again.”

The Westin Lombard Yorktown Center
Ranked #2 of 10 Hotels in Lombard
GreenLeadersSilver level
Illinois City, Illinois
“Pleasant, but probably wouldn't choose again.”
Reviewed January 27, 2013

Spacious clean hotel and room. Quiet and mondern. Only complaints no free internet or fridge. In today's world, how can internet not be included for the price paid for a room?
Easily located off of 355. Not much in the area within walking distance when 20 degrees..
Attended a ceremony in the Lilac room. Bar tender there had a tough time making change. Servers were very attentive and and polite.
The table decor consisted of a vase of red water and cheap tea lights which burned out after 2 hours).
Rated very good due to cleanliness.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
WLYC, General Manager at The Westin Lombard Yorktown Center, responded to this review, February 8, 2013
Hello Sleepy99,

I appreciate for taking time out of your schedule to post your observations.

Internet is available complimentary in the business center and lobby area and refrigerators are available upon request - there is a charge of $10 for the duration of the stay.

Within close proximity of the hotel there is the Yorktown Mall; Target is right across the parking lot and an AMC Theater is within close walking distance. Our guests are also able to take advantage of our 24-hour complimentary hotel shuttle service. The shuttle travels within a 5 mile radius of the hotel and is available to drop-off and pick-up from the many area restaurants and other businesses.

I am disappointed we did not live up to your expectations in all aspects of the hotel. Your feedback will assist in improving our guest’s experiences.

Be Well.
Mike Feigenbaum

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (187)
Long Island, New York
Reviewed January 26, 2013

Not a lot to say on a hotel that really lived up to the Westin experience. Great staff, great rooms, participates in the program that allows you to decline washing your towels for bonus points (love free points).

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Hello KosherConsultant,

I was very pleased to learn how much you valued your stay with us and I would like to thank you for letting me know how much you enjoyed our services - we love being green. A plus for SPG member is that points can now be used to fly with Delta airlines one of the world's largest carriers and the most innovative airline in North America.

We look forward to your next visit with us.

Be Well!
Poolesville, Maryland
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Great hotel! I stay there every time I go to our headquarter's office which is in Chicago. The service is wonderful. I'm always met with smiles and warm greetings. The rooms are modern and always clean and comfortable. Plus, it smells so good. They seem to have the "heavenly scent" of white tea piped into the lobby and into every room. BTW you can purchase their bath products and lotions on line as well. Wonderful. Finally, if you want to go for a quick bite to eat, Harry Carry's is right down stairs and if you want a more relaxing meal, you can go to Holy Mackerels. Their Chocolate French Kiss Martini's are to die for. Its a wonderful experience. You should try it the next time you're in the Chicago Lombard area.

Room Tip: Top floors give you the better view...of course.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
marilgri, General Manager at The Westin Lombard Yorktown Center, responded to this review, January 24, 2013
Dear Sheila T,

Thank you for taking time the to write your glowing review of The Westin Lombard. I am extremely proud of our hotel and the fabulous service provided by our staff.

I truly appreciate your recommendations to future guests…a martini and chocolate, how can you go wrong? As you mentioned, the white tea scent is ‘heavenly’.

We thank you for your continued business; we could not succeed without you!

Be Well.
San Jose, California, United States
Reviewed January 5, 2013

I was holding a big surprise birthday bash for my Dad who lives nearby, and needed a place I could have several parties, house all my guests, have great food/atmosphere/service, great things to do nearby, and have an indoor pool. And this hotel had it all! We stayed in 3 rooms here (it's a long story why, but the choice was mine), from their standard room, to the Presidential Suite, to the suite just below the Presidential (Governer's suite, maybe?). The standard room was great, roomy, comfortable beds. We stayed on same floor as pool, which was a great idea because it made it very easy to run over and take a dip, with and without the kids. The Presidential suite was absolutely fantastic. I've been in nicer/fancier rooms in Vegas so it's not high quality or anything, but wonderful layout and has all the amenities. We were on the 16th floor and the HUGE wrap-around balcony with a view of downtown Chicago was to die for. I catered a party in the suite at night and again the next morning with a champagne brunch. We had 30-35 people in there and it worked out wonderfully. The weather got a little cold (it was end/Oct) but we were still able to eat outside on balcony too because of how the building blocked the wind but provided full sunshine. I had a catered party in one of the banquet rooms as well for 55 people, and the food and service was again fantastic. The bar downstairs was great (great food, service, drinks, and lots of TV's to satisfy the sports fanatics in our group). The concierge floor breakfast room (I forgot what it's called) had a very simple breakfast, but was on one of the top floors so the atmosphere was just amazing, especially since the Westin is the tallest building in the area so you really can see it all.

On the negative side (at least for my family), they allow dogs here. Thank goodness I never heard any barking, and I never saw any pet hair. But they don't have any pet-free rooms (all rooms can have a dog in them at any time). My husband & daughter are allergic to cats, but they both had an allergic reaction in our last 2 nights there (when we were in our 3rd room; no reaction in the standard room or Presidential Suite). So were they allergic to a certain type of pet? Did someone slip in a cat? I have no idea. The front desk was very helpful and had the room power-cleaned one more time in hopes that would help, and had all the bedding changed again. But my daughter slept on the pull-out couch and I'm sure that's not really getting cleaned. They offered to change our rooms, but it would have been a downgrade and we were hoping that they'd be able to solve the problem with the power cleaning. No such luck but they did try.

So final analysis? I'd recommend this place over and over, especially if trying to accommodate a large group. Plus it's right next door (walking distance) to Target and Yorktown Mall so everything is nearby. I personally won't be able to stay here again because of the pet situation. That is the only reason I'm giving it a 4 star instead of 5. If they had some rooms blocked off as being pet-free, it would get 5 stars for sure.

Room Tip: If you have kids, stay on the same floor as the pool. Or stay on the concierge floor so you can get...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
WLYC, General Manager at The Westin Lombard Yorktown Center, responded to this review, January 25, 2013
Dear Nicki B,

Thank you for the detailed review of the hotel - from the convenient location, pool area, atmosphere, service and fantastic views visible from the hotel.

Please accept my apologies for the discomfort of your family members. For future visits with us, please let us know in advance of their allergies and we can do an extensive cleaning for allergens prior to your arrival.

I hope you have the opportunity to come back again in the future.

Lexington, Kentucky, United States
Reviewed January 1, 2013

Stay at this hotel all of the time. Great stay and wonderful service. This hotel is located next to a great mall and other shops. On site dining and the food is very good. The indoor pool and hot tub add an extra touch. The beds sleep very comfortably and the rooms are clean. This hotel is a great place to stay with your girlfriends for a weekend getaway or with family. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Felicia L,

Thank you for the wonderful review of the hotel – from our Heavenly Beds which are extremely comfortable, to the pool and hot tub which are tremendously refreshing.

During your next visit with us take advantage of our dry sauna, which is located in the pool area. Our location, which is on the outside perimeter of the Yorktown Mall and minutes away from the Oak Brook Mall, makes it ideal for shoppers.

I hope you have the opportunity to visit us in the future.

Illinois
Reviewed December 13, 2012

My wife enjoyed a lovely evening at this beautiful hotel for a little romantic getaway. The room was incredible with very large windows that looked out over the shopping center (ok, not the greatest thing to look at, but it was still nice). The heavenly bed and shower is extremely relaxing and comfortable. Lots of great TV channels and pay per view choices. Starbucks coffee and fridge in the room (mini-bar). Plenty of outlets and lights. Spacious room. Our only complaint was my wife said she could hear the neighbor get up in the middle of the night and go to the bathroom -- so walls a little thin I'd say. But I didn't notice - apparently too sound asleep. The pool and whirlpool area are very nice, as is the workout club. Location is great -- right in the middle of the shopping center. You can walk to the AMC cineplex.

Room Tip: 544 was a good end room with nice views and very quiet.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 11, 2012

I enjoyed my stay, for business, at the Westin. The service was attentive and responsive. The room was fantastic, clean and well appointed. The fitness center and pool was better than most (by leaps and bounds) for the hotel class. I did not find the hotel too noisy or the guests too wild. I really enjoyed the shuttle that would run us over to a restaurant when the weather was bad. Great place. Would highly recommend.

Room Tip: The king suite is a corner room with 2 walls of windows! A beautiful, exceedingly spacious room with...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lombard
Hyatt Place Chicago/Lombard
Embassy Suites by Hilton Chicago - Lombard/Oak Brook
Hilton Chicago Oak Brook Suites
Hilton Chicago Oak Brook Suites
#1 of 8 in Oakbrook Terrace
Le Meridien Chicago - Oakbrook Center
The Hyatt Lodge at McDonald's Campus
Residence Inn Chicago Lombard

Been to The Westin Lombard Yorktown Center? Share your experiences!