The Westin Lombard Yorktown Center
$139
$129
$81
Comfort Suites Lombard(Lombard)(Great Value!)
$85
$81
$149
EmbassySuites.com
$112
All reviewsholy mackerelheavenly bedcorner roomyorktown centerthe club loungedining optionsharry careymovie theaterrain showerseafood restaurantnice hotelparking lotstarbucks coffeefront desk staffshopping mallchicago suburbsfree parking
Reviewed December 11, 2012

I enjoyed my stay, for business, at the Westin. The service was attentive and responsive. The room was fantastic, clean and well appointed. The fitness center and pool was better than most (by leaps and bounds) for the hotel class. I did not find the hotel too noisy or the guests too wild. I really enjoyed the shuttle that would run us over to a restaurant when the weather was bad. Great place. Would highly recommend.

Room Tip: The king suite is a corner room with 2 walls of windows! A beautiful, exceedingly spacious room with all the appointments one could want!
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed December 6, 2012

We stayed in the Westin Lombard to attend the "Doctor Who" convention, Chicago TARDIS. Overall our stay was excellent - the front desk provided stellar service, the rooms were inviting if a tad small for the two-bed layout, and the showers with their double nozzles were heavenly. Our only issue with the hotel itself was that if one needed extra bath supplies, one either had to stand and wait for the housekeeper to go get them or call the front desk; the one time I asked a housekeeper in passing and went on, we never got what we asked for.

The exercise facilities are very good and the convention areas themselves are nice. It is convenient to a large shopping area with many restaurants to choose from. The only issues we consistently had involved the speed, service and available products with the restaurant area. Service was slow and given the convention facilities, they should just bite the bullet and install a Starbucks or Caribou - the grab-and-go bar desperately needed a hot chocolate option for us non-coffee people.

We would certainly stay here again.

Room Tip: Try to avoid rooms numbered in the 30s on each floor if you expect to be part of a convention situation - the foot traffic on the stairs was a bit noisy.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed December 3, 2012

I think a third review is in order because this hotel just gets better and better. I come here once a year for a conference and this hotel continues to exceed my expectations. The hotel is holding up well, the common areas and convention rooms are in great shape. The staff continues to be accommodating and friendly. Especially the shuttle drivers. The shuttle is a nice service. They'll take you anywhere within 5 miles of the hotel for free.

The room is in a contemporary style that looks upscale. The bed is comfortable and inviting. They had free bottled water, which is a rarity in hotels now. The room was very clean and well cared for. Also, the paint and color scheme makes the rooms seem very airy and bright. They don't have a Gideon's bible in the room. It's nice to see hotels stopping that practice.

They have a great gym. Plenty of high quality equipment. I only used the treadmills, but they are the nice ones.

My one complaint is that room service and mini-bar prices are high with added fees. You'd have to walk across the parking lot to the Yorktown mall and go to Egg Harbor for breakfast if you didn't want to pay their room service prices.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed November 28, 2012

We reserved two rooms and were delighted at the upscale appointments and hotel services. The hotel staff were attentive, the rooms were larger and designed more contemporary. We used the pool, sauna, whirl pool and exercise area, The housekeeping staff were very accommodating especially since we had a baby in one our rooms that resulted in much more clean-up.

Room Tip: We requested adjoining rooms, but one of the rooms was designed for handicapped occupants and did not suit our needs as well. If you want adjoining room, be sure you ask that one of the rooms is not handicapped accessible (closet and bathrooms had lower close racks/bars that made it less desirable for our needs).
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Dadof3Eagles
Reviewed November 27, 2012

I organized a convention at the Westin and was very impressed with the hotel and convention facilities. I picked this hotel because of it's cleanliness and ample convention hall.

We wanted to have an even in the Chicago area but the costs were too high. This location was the solution. Very reasonable room rates and free parking. It is quite a distance from the city center, but those that came to the event found their way there and back.

Everything appeared to go very well but as our event date approached it seemed we didn't get the attention from the event managers there that we are use to at previous locations. The weeks prior to our event we were sometimes left waiting with the excuse that they were busy attending to the current event at the hotel. This lead us to believe that the staff would be very visible during our week at the hotel but it was not the case. We're an easy group and don't need much when we get going but I still think the managers should be around more often to insure their staff was performing to our expectations. They were though. All the hotel floor staff did a great job. Our attendees thought the event was great. The only complaints were from the exhibitors...

The exhibitors were upset that the hotel wanted $100 per day, per connection for wireless internet. We had negotiated for free internet for my staff during the event but were limited on our connections. I occasionally set my cell phone as a hot-spot for a couple of the international exhibitors to get their emails during downtime.

Over-all a good place for a convention/event, a great place to stay. I should mention the great indoor pool and hot-tub. Food at Harry Carey's was great too. Some burgers were half price during Bear's games. I imagine they do the same for other hometown team games.

Room Tip: Corner rooms are great but might come at a premium.
Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business