“Fantastic Food”

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
“Fantastic Food”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

This is a very small restaurant,but the nice thing is you can eat outdoors in the Summer. and they have a MARTINI BAR right next door. it is a Full Bar
I Love this Place they love to do different dishes. they use a blend of different vegetables from the Farmers Markets and you can tell. I love their menu in the Fall he uses beets, baby carrots, baby corn, squash all types. Soups are very Good. I have not had a meal here that I did not Like.
I would call to make Reservations.

• Visited November 2013

Downers Grove, Illinois, United States
“Very dissapointed.”
Reviewed August 4, 2013

My friend and I stopped there after enjoying the Lombard Car show and outdoor music festival. It was around 9pm and we were looking for somewhere to have a light bite to eat and some wine. We walked by the Prada and It looked very quaint and reminded me of a European restaurant. We walked in and waited to be seated outside. After waiting 10 or so minutes (there were many empty tables outside) my friend went and sat down at one of the tables while I waited to get the attention of the hostess. She finally noticed me and said you can sit anywhere and someone will be with you. Well, we waited again for another 10 or so minutes. At that point my friend went to get the menus. At which point the server said she would bring them over to us. We wanted something light. But, most of their dishes looked to heavy to order so we ordered the Blue Lump Crab cake along with a couple glasses of wine. While we were waiting for the entree to come I asked the server if she could bring some bread as my stomach was empty and I wanted to sip on my wine and have some bread while we waited for the appetizer. She returned with some plain cold Italian bread (I thought that they could have toasted it). We asked for some olive oil She brought the olive oil and proceeded to try to pour it out however, there was pepper already in the mixture and she had a hard time pouring it out. (at one point I thought the bottle was going to go flying) she was hitting the bottom of the bottle to get it out (like a Heinz ketchup commercial)...anyway, no Parmesan cheese just olive oil and cold bread. We were enjoying the beautiful night and the ambiance and beauty of the restaurant and our Pinot Noir.. We were commenting how great it would be to come back with a group of friends. THEN...my entree came. By this time I was starving..the presentation was beautiful....however, as soon as I took my first bite my mouth felt on fire! So, I asked my friend to try it and see what she thought (she likes spicy dishes) I don't because I have a very sensitive stomach...and spices bother me...my friend could not believe how SPICY it was even for her. There was no mention on the menu that this was a spicy dish or I would have never ordered it. We saw who appeared to be the owner or manager. So, I called him over. He asked how everything was and I proceeded to tell him that my dish was very spicy...he started to ARGUE with me that it was not the crab cake but the sauce. So, I said please try it...he proceeded to tell me that the only thing in the crab cake mixture was salt and pepper. I said I am eating from top of the crab cake and not the bottom where the sauce was and it still is spicy. And I have had Crab cake at many places such as Gibsons and has never been spicy..My friend suggested that perhaps he can bring another one without the sauce. At that point he sparred that if she doesn't like this one she wont like the next one and that he would NOT make it again!! He offered no apologies, no alternative dishes and just walked away! Needless to say we were both shocked at his RUDENESS and immediately asked for the check. I asked my friend if she wanted to take it home with her as she likes spicy foods so she did. When we looked closer at the crab cake it had yellow, red and black cracked pepper and whatever else spice in it that made it very spicy...we will never go back. Nor recommend it to anyone. I have never been treated so rudely here or in any of my travels abroad...

• Visited August 2013
4 Thank Christina K
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Waited but never seated”
Reviewed August 4, 2013

My husband and I used to rave about the restaurant, it was our favorite however this is no longer the case. Not once but three times we went there on a Saturday evening, keep in mind you do not need reservations for outdoor dining, it is first come first serve. There were many open tables so we waiting by the "wait to be seated" sign. Boy did we wait..and wait.. and wait, we received different stories by hurried employees with "we will be right with you" to "hang on we are busy". After standing at the front door by the sign for 20 minutes with out a word after "hang on" we gave up the first 2 times, then yesterday after experiencing the same thing the hostess/waitress tell us the kitchen is backed up and we cannot seat you for an hour.. If your kitchen is not working to full capacity then shut down sections of outdoor dining and simply be up front when a potential customer walks up and tell them the truth instead of leaving them standing around. Never once were we asked if we wanted to wait by the bar or have a seat outdoor by the bar area when there were several tables open Never will we dine at this establishment again. I am all for giving something a second chance but three times.. not worth my time and effort. Sorry Praga you just lost my business.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank slicknancy
Lombard, Illinois
“Did not actually get to try the restaurant”
Reviewed May 16, 2013

We had a terrible experience at this restaurant. We attempted to make a Friday evening reservation on Tuesday evening - we got a recording that said they would call us back - they never did so we called again on Thursday for a 7:30 reservation on Friday. We (4 of us - 2 friends drove in from Chicago) arrived at 7:28. No one met us at the door and as we walked through the restaurant we saw two empty tables set for 4. When we finally found the check-in, the lady informed us we would have to wait just a few minutes while they got our table ready. She told us to go over to the bar and order something to drink. We sat down at a table near the bar and waited - no one approached us. Finally we asked a man ( who looked and acted in charge) how to get a drink. He threw a drink menu on our table and suggested that we just eat at that table. We nicely informed him that we had reservations for the dining area - he told us that the food was the same. He did not return to take our drink order, so I attempted to approach the bar. The bartender then left the bar. I asked two different waitresses how to get a drink as they walked by our table - they each said that the bartender would serve us. I again attempted to approach the bar as the bartender had returned. I could not get her attention. By now it was almost 8 PM, A server approached our table near the bar and informed my wife that it would be at least a half hour until we could be seated as other people with reservations were in front of us. At this time the man who had given us the drink menu approached the server and grabbed her by the arms and pulled her away from speaking with my wife and informed the server that her job was to wait on tables. At that time we decided to leave the restaurant. I felt we were treated very rudely. We drove over to Volare - an Italian restaurant where we were treated very nicely and had great food and a wonderful server - who made us feel very comfortable and turned a terrible evening dining experience into a wonderful evening. My wife has since called Praga - we were informed that the man was the owner and when we told them how disappointed we were - they tried to put the blame on us for talking to several waitresses. I am very disappointed and I will never try this restaurant. I cannot rate the food or value - but the service and atmosphere are the worst - I have never walked out of a restaurant before.

• Visited May 2013
6 Thank YorkFBCoach
“Especially wonderful for outdoor summer dining”
Reviewed May 7, 2013 via mobile

The food and service at Praga are consistently exceptional. Their seasonal specials are always great - but if you can't make up your mind, try the duck. It's phenomenal! In the summer, they have a number of tables outside for outdoor dining.

• Visited May 2013