“Chips and Salsa were excellent! Everything else, TERRIBLE!”

Uncle Julio's Hacienda
Reserve with OpenTable
Uncle Julio's Hacienda is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #21 of 186 Restaurants in Lombard
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Lincoln, Nebraska
“Chips and Salsa were excellent! Everything else, TERRIBLE!”
Reviewed June 25, 2013

We are on our annual family vacation and rely heavily on Tripadvisor to make a lot of our dining decisions. Tonight, I decided that I was in the mood for Mexican food. We were hard pressed to find Mexican food anywhere near where we are staying, but found Uncle Julio's. The place was packed. I would consider this to be a good sign. We were seated after about a 5-minute wait. The chips and salsa were brought immediately, also a good sign. They were delicious. The fairytale ends there, folks! The services was, how shall I put it, lacking. My husband wouldn't even eat his food and said it was disgusting (chicken enchiladas with red sauce). I got the Especial Fajitas... Also not very good, and I have to say, for the price of $17.95, there was not much food there... at all! And what food was there was pretty gross. The steak was fatty, the chicken not good. There were barely any grilled peppers and onions (let's be honest people, they aren't that expensive, throw a few more on the plate). I did, however, get two HUGE scoops of guacamole. Now, exactly what I would ever do with that much guac is beyond me. Our server forgot to bring my tortillas... that took about five minutes. They ran out of iced tea, so she brought me water instead (thank you for bringing me something at least), and said that the iced tea would be done in two minutes... I reminded her again 10 minutes later. I don't even want to think about the fact that the total bill with not a very large tip was over $50.00. AWFUL! Don't go.

Glen Ellyn, Illinois
“Good Mexican”
Reviewed June 16, 2013

The food is good, but for the price I would skip it. A little too expensive for the quality. A fun place none the less and one of the only mexican places close to me, so I am stuck when I want to go south of the border.

chicago
“Great Food Great Service”
Reviewed June 9, 2013

We have gone to the downtown location since it opened. It was always great. The suburban location is better: nicer atmosphere, outside dining is great, staff is really good. The food is actually better at this Lombard location. We only get the three taco ground beef dinner, so really cant speak to the other selections. Strongly recommended. We visited at 5 pm and it was not super busy: a mix of couples with kids all the way to retired couples. They dont take res.

San Francisco
“Good for the Mid-West”
Reviewed May 26, 2013

If you live in the mid-west this is probably as good as you can get mexican food. VERY expensive margarita's at $9 and up. Fajita's is their special menu item. I recommend Carne Asada which comes with a few tortillas. Beans were average, rice was slightly below average. My steak was slightly better than average.

Visited May 2013
Downers Grove, Illinois
“Great time, very good food”
Reviewed May 19, 2013

Went there to celebrate our anniversary, the chips and salsa are great, the enchiladas are fantastic, the margaritas are good, but over priced.

• Visited May 2013