“What a surprise!”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed May 30, 2014

First time ever at this restaurant and all I can say is WOW. There was four of us for lunch, we each ordered something different. I had a sandwich with chicken, corned beef and sauerkraut which was amazing! I will make the effort to return to this restaurant any time I am in the Lombard area.

There are newer reviews for Brauer House

Reviewed March 25, 2014 via mobile

I visited this place with my cousins and husband for dinner on a Saturday night. Great fun rock and roll vibe and very laid back. Food was good and average priced. Great sandwich and burger selection. We got there around 7 pm and no wait but it was packed when we left. Would go back if in the area.

Reviewed January 26, 2014

After driving by this restaurant thousands of times on my way home from work, this past weekend I decided to check this place out with my wife and 1 year old daughter. The decor is rock/punk themed, the servers and bartenders are "tatted up" and the music is played at a decent volume (not too loud).
If you are a fan of beer, then this is your place. They had over 10 beers on tap and a ton more offered in bottles. IPAs to Belgium to Cider - fun options. Plan on coming back to try some more of their beer and watching a Blackhawks game.
Their menu offers nachos, pizza, burgers, wraps, and sandwiches. My wife and I were in the mood for burgers so we each tried the Zombie burger (I added a fried egg on mine). I'm kind of picky with my burgers...this one was tasty, but not as good as I hoped due to the slight meatloaf flavor in the patty. This would not prevent me from coming back by any means. In fact, I've already planned to come back next weekend to try their pizza.
They only have two options on their dessert menu. Deep fried Snickers with ice cream and chocolate covered bacon with ice cream. We tried out the bacon dessert and I have to say that it was pretty awesome. It is served looking like skull and crossbones which pleased my daughter - she ended up eating most of the bacon too!
It's nice to have a rock bar like this in the area that cares a lot about food and beer offerings.

1  Thank cjbloomy
Reviewed January 11, 2014

Very fun place with great craft beers on tap and very good burgers. The bar has tons of memorabilia. Fun place to sit at the bar with a beer and just look around.

Reviewed January 8, 2014

We traveled from St. Louis to see a favorite band perform at the Brauer House. This venue is spectacular! Intimate and with great sound.
The staff and the patrons were very friendly to us non-regulars.
We sampled a couple of their appetizers, all were very good.
The beer selection is abundant. We had a great time at Brauer House and will definitely make the road trip again to see a show.