“Wonderful place to eat!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Flattop Grill

Flattop Grill
Ranked #59 of 185 Restaurants in Lombard
Cuisines: Asian, Mongolian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Wheelchair Accessible
Urbana, IL
“Wonderful place to eat!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 4, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I were trying to figure out where to eat when we stumbled upon this gem of a restaurant! First time customers but definitely not last time! There was about a 25 min wait but well worth the wait. Friendly waiter named Matt explained how to select food and he kept checking on us to make sure we were doing ok. One tip we learned from watching another customer: put all your veggies on the bottom of the bowl, then add the sauces and then the noodles or rice on top. The noodles and rice are at the beginning of line and you could fill your bowl with them but your veggies could fall off or you might not be able to add enough because your bowl is over heaping. Don't forget to add a stick for fried bread before giving bowl to chef to be cooked. Absolutely delicious and very filling!! You won't be disappointed!!

Miami, Florida, USA
“Great Place, expand more please!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 9, 2014

I've been to FlatTop only twice and I love the food here. I love the idea of picking what I want and have the chefs cook it for me, it's awesome! The last time I came here, though, it wasn't as awesome as the first time. It was mostly the service though, the food was still excellent. Our server was a bit unorganized and would hardly come to our table. We'd have to flag her down and hope she would see us (she usually wouldn't "see" us). Other than that slight hiccup, this place is awesome. I'm unfortunately able to come here only when I visit my family in Chicago. You guys should build some FlatTops down in Miami! You guys would make a fortune!

• Visited December 2013
2 Thank ilovepenguins515
“Great food! Fun atmosphere!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 26, 2013 via mobile

One price meal. Pick your own veggies, meat and sauce from a wide variety of buffet choices. Have a stir fry, soup or "sandwich" cooked using your selected ingredients. Very healthy and reasonably priced. Remember to order the fried bread.

1 Thank Fencin
chicago, il
“fruit flies”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2013

Although we have eaten at this restaurant in the past and it has been very good, this most recent experience was not good. The first thing we noticed when we went up to the food bar to make our bowls was the fruit flies that were flying all around the vegetables that were set up around the buffet area. We tried not to let it bother us, but once we got back to our table and noticed the fruit flies all over the dining area as well, it was just too much and we let the manager know and we left. The staff was very nice and helpful while we were there, but they need to do something about the fruit flies!

• Visited August 2013
Columbus, Ohio
“You fix it, they cook it”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2013

Although I had been to several Mongolian-type grills, it was great to have lots of friendly help from the staff on how they do it at the Flattop Grill. Along with the usual veggies and meat to chose from, they have delicious grilled bread, and other options that can be added at no additional charge. A healthy meal (if you choose to make it so!) at a decent price.

• Visited July 2013