“Great burgers”

Ranked #24 of 199 Restaurants in Lombard
Description: 630.705.9020
Description: 630.705.9020
Reviewed December 11, 2013

Been there once so far and can't wait to go back
It's got a nice downtown feeling
Buns are amazing
Service is great as courteous staff

Reviewed November 10, 2013

We like to check out great Burger choices and after enjoying Red Robin decided to check out DMK. The burgers are pricy but figured we'd be "wowed" by the quality. We were wrong. As Clara from an old commercial would say..."Where's the beef?"
To make matters worse, we couldn't hear the waitress due to the extremely loud music.
Raised on Zeppelin and Pink Floyd, concert decibels are not foreign but then you are there specifically for that. When you'd like to converse with the people at the table, the music makes it almost impossible. The waitress promised to get the manager but didn't. She said they were "forbidden" from turning the music down just a little since it was part of the "atmosphere".
I personally want to get deaf jamming at a concert and not from consuming a less than satisfactory burger. Maybe a law suit from frequent patrons who down the road lose their hearing may convince them to jam at a lower volume (enough so you can hear the person next to you).

Reviewed October 30, 2013

It took me a couple of visits for this one. On my first visit I thought that it was ok, but the ratio of bun to meat was off. As in too much bread. A friend challenged me to return and now I get it. The great beers are nice, as well.

Reviewed September 23, 2013

Went Saturday with friends....got the Chili-Rubbed Onion Straws again n they were so delicious. Wasnt crazy about the "Chelada" had way too much lime juice n not enough tomato juice...on that note, they gave me a PBR instead of Miller Lite like the menu said...wasnt happy n the waitress said it was a distributor issue....ok, whatever. anyhow, the beers were still great n got 2 more beer coupons to come back. We will always return, the burgers r the bomb here.

Reviewed June 8, 2013

This place was not at all what I expected. I thought it would be a cross between a fast food restaurant and a sit down place. It was actually a very nice, modern looking sit down restaurant with a nice sized outdoor seating area and a bar area. My dad and I went there on a visit to Chicago.

The food was very good. They have a lot of high quality cheeses and meats, and the prices are pretty reasonable, except for the $5 shakes. Their beer list is quite extensive, though I'm not a beer drinker myself. It was fun to read the descriptions of the different offerings though. The buns are fresh baked and you can definitely tell, they are fantastic! The fries are very good too, and you can get different toppings like bleu cheese and bacon. The large fries can definitely feed 3 to 4 people, or 2 fry lovers.

Unfortunately, the service was terrible. I am not usually very picky about service. I almost always tip 20%, even for average service. At DMK, we were not greeted or acknowledged by anyone, even though we were standing right in front of the bar and a few waiters were standing there. The restaurant was only about 1/3 full, so it was not at all busy. We sat ourselves and it was about 5 minutes before anyone bothered to give us a menu and take our drink orders. We sat there for about 10 minutes before our waitress wandered by to take our orders, in addition to the time we took to look over the menu. I give props to the kitchen though, our food arrived promptly, and was served by a different waiter. Then we had to flag down our waitress to get our drinks refilled. We sat again for about 15 minutes after we were completely done eating and obviously ready to go before we got our check. About the only thing our waitress did right was to split our checks properly.

I have dined at restaurants that make a point of not rushing their guests, and greatly enjoyed it because they provide attentive but not intrusive service. This restaurant is not one of those places. Hopefully we just drew the short straw and our poor service was not representative of the restaurant as a whole. Still, I plan to try Epic Burger to compare before returning to DMK again.