“Nice economy hotel”

Ranked #8 of 10 Hotels in Lombard
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Nice economy hotel”
Reviewed October 9, 2013

I was on vacation to Chicago and found this hotel deal through Priceline very cheap. I got it for less than $40 per day. The lobby was very neat and they offered complementary breakfast. We were a group of 11 people on the trip and we enjoyed our stay there. The staff were friendly and courteous.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank sashokpandian
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Chicago - Lombard - Oakbrook, responded to this review, October 11, 2013
I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I am so glad that our team provided you with friendly and courteous service. As well, I am thrilled to know that you and your entire group enjoyed your stay overall.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
davenport iowa
Reviewed September 4, 2013

Walked in the lobby from the mostly empty parking lot and immediately it just smelled like pet store. Vicki at front desk was very nice. Get up to room, there was FECES in my toilet, PUBIC hairs in my bathtub and hair stuck to the bath towel. As I had passed a housekeeping lady on my way to room, I went and asked her if she could please sanitize my toilet. She told me NO and to call the front desk, because she wasn't doing it. Vicki came up and cleaned my bathroom. I was just getting settled in, pulled my sheets back and there were tiny SPIDERS in the bed!!!! Needless to say I packed up and left. Walls were paper thin, I could hear someones phone ringing and then their conversation. Refrigerator was all dented up, window sill was full of grubby handprints. Awful, awful place. If you are desperate for a cheap hotel, this might suit you, but I'd rather sleep in my car then here.

Room Tip: My tip is to find a room somewhere else!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank letitsnow1
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Chicago - Lombard - Oakbrook, responded to this review, September 6, 2013
Jody - I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. I was disheartened to read that you found your bed and bathroom to be unclean. Please accept our apologies. To ensure that a situation like yours doesn't happen again, my team is working diligently to provide clean and comfortable rooms. As well, I will be speaking with the staff member personally as well as coaching the entire team on how to handle guests requests in a better fashion moving forward. I am sorry that our staff did not attend to your needs properly.

I really appreciate you bringing this to our attention. If you have any additional feedback, we would like to hear it. Please contact me, at obk@extendedstay.com, so we can speak directly. It would be our pleasure to have you stay with us again in the future to show you our positive strides taken to enhance your experience with us.
Reviewed September 4, 2013

Most of the staff are pleasant and hard working. Maria on days and Jason on nights stand out as reliable and very attentive, pleasant and professional. I've been here a long time.
Mary who works the overnight shift through morning needs counseling on attitude (loud and rude and dose not follow what she says are the rules).
Thank You for the opportunity to express my opinions.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank jfjtoday
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Chicago - Lombard - Oakbrook, responded to this review, September 9, 2013
Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. We are happy to hear that we provided you with an overall great experience during your stay. We apologize for the standard of customer service you received from other staff members. We are addressing your concerns with the staff to ensure that guest do not run into this issue in the future. We are sorry for this issue however; we are happy to read that Maria and Jason provided you with reliable and professional service.

Holland, Michigan
Reviewed August 3, 2013

Been hotel hopping all July with my fiancee in Oak Brook area because of work. Priceline has turned out to be a very helpful thing this summer with there new "Express Deals." We stayed at the hotel under $50 each night we did stay there. I wouldn't pay more than that though. The front desk ladies always have bad attitudes and you can tell they hated our guts. The first time we checked into this hotel they tried to put us in a smoking room. Didn't ask, just put us there. So, once we complained they did give us another room, but it was a hassle. They try to put "priceline customers" in the less nice rooms. Which is complete bull, if you ask me.

Stayed a couple days and went and came back several times throughout July. Staff always seemed to have problems with us. And we are NOT mean/whiny people. They just need an attitude adjustment. Otherwise, I would say it's an okay hotel. The little kitchen is nice if you're staying a long time. Hot showers. Laundry room is expensive. Hard beds. I would stay again, just because it's cheap.

Room Tip: ALWAYS ask for NON-smoking room if you are a non-smoker. They try to put you in smoking rooms if you...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank MelissaSNe
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Chicago - Lombard - Oakbrook, responded to this review, August 8, 2013
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. The situation you described regarding the staff attitude is truly regrettable. We are very sorry for your experience and I am very sorry for the smoking room that was assigned to you.

As this hotel’s manager, I can assure you that the ladies will be more welcoming and accommodating to smoking and non-smoking preferences to ensure your experience is not repeated. We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. I would be happy to speak with you further. If you would like, please contact me directly, at obk@extendedstay.com.

Once again, thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope we have the opportunity to see you again in the future.
Chicago,IL
Reviewed July 17, 2013

Checking-in was a breeze the gentleman at the desk was very Wonderful. When we first arrived on the 3rd floor, the hallway was over flowing with garbage near the elevator. "Great first impression" When I entered my room everything appeared to look "ok" until I started utilizing the room. I recovered a "hairy" facial towel on top of the shower curtain bar! "Ok big deal maybe the maid forgot" As my wife and I began preparing for bed, we noticed the bathroom counter needed to wiped down! "good thing I keep a pack of Clorox wipes with me. Lastly, it was time for bed, and I pulled back the comforter because sometimes we get extremely warm while sleeping, so sometimes we settle for the fleece blanket and sheet (if available) needless to say when I pulled back the decorative comforter on the bed, I counted more than 6 strands of hair on the fleece blanket. So I used the sheets only! Hopefully they were clean! This was a last minute booking and, my wife and I had to get back up within 4 hours, in my opinion no guest deserves to be in these conditions. This is a basic housekeeping etiquette! And the best way to describe the mattress is "Crunchie" ! This hotel have quick pick up and go items for breakfast ! Whole fruit, breakfast bars , & coffee and tea.

Room Tip: Inspect your room before you get comfortable!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank rking128
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Chicago - Lombard - Oakbrook, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. I am very sorry that your room was unclean at check-in. The conditions you described are not in line with our company's standards, and for that I am extremely disheartened. Your comments were reviewed by the staff, and we will work diligently to make sure your experience is not repeated by improving our cleaning procedures as well as inspection policies moving forward.

We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. Please feel free to contact me directly, at obk@extendedstay.com, with any additional comments or questions. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town.
iowa city iowa
Reviewed July 13, 2013

My daughter graduated from college in December 2012 and landed a job in the Chicago area. She wanted to make sure that her job was secure before signing any 18 month lease. We were thrilled when she found the Extended Stay of America in the Oak Brook/Lombard area. We temporarily stayed there to make sure it was suitable for her. It was clean, convenient, affordable, and close to her new job. They offered coffee and breakfast treats in the morning and had a decent laundry facility. It is convenient to exercise clubs (XSport in Downer's Grove), and also to many shopping areas. The air conditioning and heating unit worked very well, bed was very comfortable and the room was bright and spacious. A very attentive staff here. The front desk attendant, Jason, made sure everything was available. Example: The iron broke, she called him and he had another iron for her to use. Each week the room was cleaned. Parking was very convenient and the car was visible from the room. The kitchen was a plus. One time there was a leak in the sink and Jason, the attendant on duty, was right on it and had the maintenance crew fix it. Staying here also afforded the opportunity to find a suitable apartment in the area. Not rushing to find an apartment is a big plus when you don't know the area. Yesterday was her last day at this Extended Stay --- She felt a twinge of sadness since this place had become her temporary 'home". She had made this her home for over four months. I recommend this particular Extended Stay to anyone needing temporary housing. I truly believe this Extended Stay staff goes beyond their normal job description to achieve customer satisfaction. Thank you to this Extended Stay America for making her transition to the Chicago area a truly great one.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank care54
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Chicago - Lombard - Oakbrook, responded to this review, July 17, 2013
I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I'm thrilled that our associates made your daughters stay enjoyable. The staff and I would like to thank you again for posting your review. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!
Philadelphia
Reviewed June 23, 2013

I decided to stay at this place because of all the positive reviews others have left. Yes, it is cheap but I've been at similarly priced hotels (including extended stays) and although the amenities were limited, the rooms were very clean. As you can see in the pictures, the bathroom, kitchen, towels, and even bedsheets weren't clean. If you are concerned about cleanliness, do not stay here by all means. If cleanliness is not your thing, then you'll perhaps like Extended Stay Chicago-Lombard.

The ONLY thing I liked about the hotel was the location. It was so close to restaurants, bars and shopping malls in Lombard. However, it's a good 40 minutes (at least) to Chicago so do not stay here expecting to be close to the city. If you think about it, you're not saving that much money than staying in or loser to the city because you will have to spend that little money you're saving on gas, tolls, and city parking (Oh so much fun). Not to mention traffic.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business