“Diamond in the Rough”
Review of DOC Wine Bar

DOC Wine Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
DOC Wine Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #17 of 190 Restaurants in Lombard
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Highland Road & Butterfield
Description: Welcome to D.O.C Wine Bar. We are elated to serve you as your neighborhood wine bar and bistro. We believe that wine is the "nectar of the gods" and should be enjoyed by all, novices and connoisseurs alike. While we take what we do seriously, first and foremost, we believe drinking wine should be fun. It is our goal to offer a large variety of wine spanning the globe without any of the factors that may cause intimidation and hinder your enjoyment. Established in 1963 and implemented in 1966, the Denominazione di Origine Controllata (DOC) ("Controlled Denomination of Origin") is Italy's equivalent to France's APPELLATION D'ORIGINE CONTROLEE. DOC's are defined by the geographic area of production for each wine, the varieties that can be used, the minimum alcohol content, the maximum yield, and the specifications for aging.
Reviewed November 24, 2012

This is a small quaint little place. The wines are fantastic and the food is based on small plates / portions. It's a nice quiet place for a romantic evening.

Reviewed October 27, 2012

Terrific wine selection and Great Food. Love the tastings - 3 wines at a time. Don't miss the risotto balls. The back room with the fireplace is great in the winter, patio in the summer.

Reviewed September 7, 2012

I've eaten here now twice and both times can say the food has been very good. I recommend the butcher's plate appetizers and the crab cakes (I've also heard the fish taco's are excellent). Being from the NW I've had better crap cakes, but these are very good and the only real negative I can say is they use a little too much breading. The service on the other hand is a little funny. Both times it has been competent, but both times we've got a bit of pretentiousness.

Reviewed July 29, 2012

Food is decent though generally nothing to rave about but I do like the fish tacos. The wine list is decent (as it should be for a wine bar). Staff are friendly and service was good. I wouldn't pick this for a special event/dinner, but it's reasonable and convenient place to dine when, for example, seeing a movie at AMC or shopping locally.

Reviewed June 25, 2012

My husband had a surprise dinner party for me here. Although I didn't have any appetizers, my friends said they were great. I had the short ribs and they were fall-apart amazing. The mashed potatoes were the best I've ever had at a restaurant.

My husband ordered my favorite Pinot Noir from the Williamette Valley in Oregon. The wine was terrific. I think everyone enjoyed it.

Oh, and try the warm chocolate-chip cookie with ice cream for dessert. Amazing!