“Our favorite eating place!”
Review of Sweet Tomatoes - CLOSED

Sweet Tomatoes
Cuisines: American, Healthy, Soups
Good for: Families with children, Business meetings
Dining options: Buffet
La Grange Park, IL
“Our favorite eating place!”
Reviewed October 18, 2013

My wife and I don't eat out a whole lot but when we do, our most visited place is Sweet Tomatoes. As others have stated, there is a good selection of salad fixins and desserts that you help yourself to. If you leave here hungry, something is wrong with you. There are enough choices to satisfy almost anyone. We have never had a bad time here. The cafeteria style setting is not for the black-tie, fine dining crowd. The ambience is a little loud at times but doesn't detract from the food. Hint: take a baked potato and load it up with whipped butter, cheese, onions, chives, bacon, sour cream, salsa and more bacon and you have yourself a meal in itself. Love it!

• Visited October 2013

Chicago, Illinois
“I expected more selection, but it was good!”
Reviewed August 18, 2013

I like the idea of having a place that is a healthy alternative. I wish there was one near my home, this one is 45 minutes away, but I wanted to give it a try. The salad selection seemed the same as what you get at any buffet style restaurant. What I liked was the selection of soups, muffins, comfort foods, and desserts. I was excited to see great soups and the suggestions to add great items like mushrooms and chives to the soups. I decided to try it to go and was pleasantly surprised at the price. For $8.99 you get a large salad container, 2-8 oz containers for soup and dessert, and a bag for muffins, breads, etc. I was expecting to be surprised with much more salad selections, to me it was basic in this area. I like the idea and would go again:)

• Visited August 2013
Kevil, Kentucky
“We stop here every time we're in town!”
Reviewed July 16, 2013

Every time we go to visit my husband's parents in Chicago, we stop here for lunch one day. Yesterday we stopped by again. It's about a 45-minute drive from my in-laws, but it's completely worth it. Everyone we've brought with us on various trips has loved it, too. This time two brothers-in-law and my sister came along with my husband, our 3-year-old son and me. We enjoyed the fresh food, slow-simmered soups, foccacia, pasta, baked potatoes with lots of toppings and even an ice cream bar with fresh brownies and homemade butterscotch caramel sauce. I love the "wonton chicken happiness" salad and have to get some every time, but my all-time favorite is the strawberry lemonade. We fell in love with this chain when in Orlando several years ago and have now been to several locations in Florida as well as St. Louis and in the Chicago area. If I have any complaints, it's that it's a bit on the expensive side, but online coupons are easy to come by, so that's usually not a problem.

• Visited July 2013
Franklin Park, Illinois
“Overpriced, Tasteless food”
Reviewed July 9, 2013

We decided to try this place because we thought it might be a fresh alternative to some of the other places in the area. A buy one person get 1/2 off second person coupon from their online club came to 20.00 total with beverages for two of us, which is way overpriced for what you get.The salad selection is decent but the other food has a lot to be desired, we are not picky eaters but this place is not worth the hype! The macaroni and cheese looked like it was Kraft right out of the box! The pizza breads were not very impressive. Chili and soups were lacking flavor. Try Sweet Tomatoes if you must but don't expect to much.

• Visited July 2013
2 Thank drw2112
Chicago, Illinois
“If you want to stuff yourself, go here!”
Reviewed January 1, 2013

Food, food and more food. The soups are awesome! The other stuff is just ok. My wife loves this place for her comfort food fix.

Visited November 2012