“What is wrong here?”

Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed January 9, 2013

This was our 2nd visit to the Oak Brook location, as we thought we would give it another try. Well, we won't be going back. Ordered the Crab tower, which is layered with mostly mango, a few bits of avocado and ground crab that tasted like it was out of a can. On to dinner...I had a combo plate of grilled fish (a special that night), which was a little more than room temperature, with no taste or seasoning. Only ate 2 of the shrimp which tasted water logged and a bite of the salmon (on a plank of pineapple) and bite of the halibut in a miso sauce (water with some miso paste, maybe) on top of a huge piece of green pepper, that was almost raw. Everything just tasteless. My husband had the stuffed shrimp, again with what tasted like canned crab. Sent both back. Received the bill and drinks were a different charge for each one (same drink) ranging from 11.50 to 14.50 and were not "on the rocks" but mixed with club soda. Ketel and club soda 10.00. Ordered a dessert to go. They removed the cost of the appetizer and dessert, about 20.00 but still charged us for the dinners which cost over 60.00. Waiter was good, but should have done more with the bill. No wonder the parking lot is full but everyone is at the restaurant next store.

There are newer reviews for McCormick and Schmick's

Reviewed December 13, 2012

Having dined at many M & S locations over the years from coast to coast my wife and I were looking forward to another great seafood meal while visiting the Lombard area over the Thanksgiving holiday. We were extremely disappointed with this experience. The menu has been drastically reduced, the meal that we did get was dreadful in terms of it's freshness, or lack thereof, the chowder which is usually excellent was over-salted. The presentation was more like something out of a national coffee shop chain rather than a fine dining establishment.
The waiter was sympathetic and actually very attentive but the food was disappointing to say the least. Not to mention that their prices for the quality were absurd. Sorry M&S but this time...major FAIL.

Reviewed November 13, 2012 via mobile

I was very impressed with my visit. We made reservations and were seated promptly. The menu had great selections on it. Our waitress explained the specials well. We had the lobster bisque and the chowder which were both great. Our entrees, both seafood, were flavored well, with great sauces and sides. The service was very good. I would return again based on the postive experience we had.

Reviewed May 1, 2012

Received a gift card awhile back to M&S and finally got around to using it. Walked in and realized it was Happy Hour in the bar, so we decided to have a couple drinks and apps-both were very good. Once done in the bar, we were seated without wait into a surprisingly empty dining room. Dinner was very good-atmosphere, service and food. I had a seafood trio (2 types of shrimp and salmon) and my wife had lobster ravioli. I expect we will return in the future.

Reviewed November 2, 2011

I've dined at the location in downtown Atlanta a number of times. It's a reasonably priced place for a business lunch. The food is fairly consistent. The service, however, is very inconsistent. While the staff is genial, they can be very slow!