“Romantic and great steaks”
Review of The Capital Grille

The Capital Grille
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 186 Restaurants in Lombard
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Description: You are cordially invited to join us for an evening or afternoon of relaxed elegance and exceptional cuisine. Our impressive menu of nationally renowned dry aged steaks and the freshest of seafood will ignite your culinary imagination as our award-winning wine list of more than 5,000 bottles awakens your inner sommelier. And as our gracious, knowledgeable servers delight you with their uncanny ability to anticipate your every need, you’ll experience firsthand why the American Culinary Federation recently bestowed upon us their “Achievement of Excellence Award.” Whether you’re celebrating a special occasion or hosting a business luncheon or dinner, we can help you flawlessly pull off any private dining event. Our team has extensive experience and the ideal materials to work with—a capital setting, distinctive food and unmatched service.
Illinois
“Romantic and great steaks”
Reviewed March 7, 2014

We went for our anniversary, they had the table laid out with roses which was very nice. The service was exceptional. The steaks we had were excellent as for the sides we had. We didn't order a dessert but they brought one out for our anniversary for us to share. On the plate it said Happy Anniversary. They also took a photo for us to keep. That was a great touch. The only issue we had was we were seated by a private room by the entrance door. So we constantly had the other servers for the party open and close the door. So, next time we would definitely not sit there.

Chicago
“Expensive and pretentious”
Reviewed March 3, 2014

I had always heard that Capital Grille has wonderful pineapple martinis and great steaks. So we decided to go there for our anniversary. My steak was a $49 porcini mushroom rubbed delmonico aged steak. The steak was pretty good but I could not taste mushrooms and I tasted LOTS of balsamic vinegar. Just one of my pet peeves... chefs that pour balsamic vinegar all over everything. The waiter was pretentious and full of himself. He kept interrupting our conversation, talking in some affected accent and saying "Touche!" every time I said anything. He was obnoxious. My pineapple martini was small but good. The cheesecake I had for dessert had a hair in it, but I was too disgusted with the obnoxious waiter to complain. I tipped but I won't be back to the Capital Grille.

1 Thank Janlea
Chicago, Illinois
“Overpriced”
Reviewed February 19, 2014

We dropped in for dinner. Not only are the entrees overpriced, but the wine selections may have the highest markup of any restaurant in the Chicago area. My steak was cooked to order but much too salty, both the au jus, and the seasoning they apply during preparation. The quality of the food is excellent. Valet parking.

• Visited February 2014
“Great Restaurant for Business”
Reviewed January 11, 2014

I had a dinner meeting on a stormy Friday night. Valet was busy and I didn't have to wait.
Dinner was fabulous. We had private room off the main restaurant which helped greatly with noise. Ask to have David as your waiter. He is the bomb! Very knowledgeable and attentive. He knows a lot about wines, and of course the food but he is extremely knowledgeable about other restaurants and has tons of experience. Fun to talk to, made us feel excited about our meals. One of our party was having a birthday, we did not tell him or the staff but he overheard our conversation. He went out of his way to make her feel special and have a wonderful desert without the corny singing by staff, though we all did.

Food was outstanding. I had steak and king crab legs cooked to perfection. Wine recommendations went well with diner, we all chose differently and by the glass and it was still excellent. Deserts are HUGE so must share or take home. I must say our group was unanimous in accolades for the food, wine and service. It made the business part of the meeting much more palatable.

Price was high, but we expensed it. Best way to go.

• Visited January 2014
Naperville,Illinois
“Excellent food”
Reviewed January 7, 2014 via mobile

Expect to pay top dollar for this fine restaurant. We enjoyed the oysters, Delmonico Steaks and filet Mignon . Soups and salads were good as well. Unfortunately, David our waiter was very slow in getting our orders to us otherwise this would have been a sure 5 star rating. Expect to pay $$$ but it is worth it for a special occasion.