“Hate to say it..but rivals Morton's!”
Review of The Capital Grille

The Capital Grille
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 199 Restaurants in Lombard
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Description: You are cordially invited to join us for an evening or afternoon of relaxed elegance and exceptional cuisine. Our impressive menu of nationally renowned dry aged steaks and the freshest of seafood will ignite your culinary imagination as our award-winning wine list of more than 5,000 bottles awakens your inner sommelier. And as our gracious, knowledgeable servers delight you with their uncanny ability to anticipate your every need, you’ll experience firsthand why the American Culinary Federation recently bestowed upon us their “Achievement of Excellence Award.” Whether you’re celebrating a special occasion or hosting a business luncheon or dinner, we can help you flawlessly pull off any private dining event. Our team has extensive experience and the ideal materials to work with—a capital setting, distinctive food and unmatched service.
Reviewed December 1, 2013

My husband, daughter, and I had dinner at the Capital Grille in Lombard last night. We have been Morton's fans for many years and had been meaning to try Capital Grille but never got around to it. Our so called 'status' with Mortons had run out with no birthday incentive given to us.....so we celebrated my husband's birthday at Capital Grille instead! The service by Rocco was fantastic....not rushed but perfectly timed to our needs. The food was fantastic as well....from the calamari to the steaks and lobster to the lobster Mac and cheese to our desserts! We will be back!

Reviewed November 21, 2013

Great ambiance, amazing service (look for Megan Bowers - she is the best!), superb wine selection and mouth-watering, delicious food at the Western 'burbs! Worth every dollar spent. Will be back again for sure.

Reviewed October 30, 2013

Our sever was excellent and the food was so delicious.
A bit expensive but worth it. We will go again!

1  Thank Joe P
Reviewed October 15, 2013

We traveled to the Chicago area as part of a lengthy road trip to attend multiple family events. We took my Dad and several family members to Capital Grille to celebrate my Dads 89th birthday. He loves steak au poivre and the Capital Grille has one of the best there is. I had the sirloin and it was cooked to perfection. The only nit was that my Dads steak came somewhat undercooked and we had to send it back...it was returned in a few minutes cooked as he likes it. The waiter gave us a couple complimentary side dishes to compensate for the error...very nice. He also provided my Dad with a complimentary birthday dessert with a candle. I've been to many fine steakhouses but can't think of any that can consistently top the Capital Grille. The wine list is quite extensive starting at somewhat moderate prices and ranging up to atmospheric so ther is likely to be something for everyone. Service was very professional without being snobby. The decor is very plush and seating is comfortable. A good time was had by all.

1  Thank J D
Reviewed September 10, 2013

My husband and I dined for our anniversary this past weekend.
My entree was on the overdone side when it first came to the table, I hesitated on sending it back to the kitchen. When our server Megan agreeded with me that it was not prepared to my order, she immediatley took it back. Within less then 5 minutes my correcting ordered steak arrived.
We also enjoyed the complimentary champagne toast, and rose petals at our table.
Thank you for the small touches, they made a difference in our celebration.