“Amazing Food & Service”
Review of The Capital Grille

The Capital Grille
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 192 Restaurants in Lombard
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Description: You are cordially invited to join us for an evening or afternoon of relaxed elegance and exceptional cuisine. Our impressive menu of nationally renowned dry aged steaks and the freshest of seafood will ignite your culinary imagination as our award-winning wine list of more than 5,000 bottles awakens your inner sommelier. And as our gracious, knowledgeable servers delight you with their uncanny ability to anticipate your every need, you’ll experience firsthand why the American Culinary Federation recently bestowed upon us their “Achievement of Excellence Award.” Whether you’re celebrating a special occasion or hosting a business luncheon or dinner, we can help you flawlessly pull off any private dining event. Our team has extensive experience and the ideal materials to work with—a capital setting, distinctive food and unmatched service.
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Capital Grille is a First Class Restaurant. My husband and I went there for our Anniversary, and the Food and the Service was amazing. They made our Anniversary a night to remember. The Happy Anniversary Card on the Table, with the rose petals, the Dessert at the end of the dinner, with Happy Anniversary on the plate, and then the picture taken and given to us at the end, all made it a wonderful night. Thanks again Capital Grille, and a special thanks to Jennifer our server!

Reviewed August 20, 2013

We went here for my brother and father's birthday day dinner and it was a fantastic experience. First of all they specialize in dry aged steaks. If you are not familiar with dry age, it has a distinict taste which you may or may not like. The meat quality is VERY good here, I think the people that dont like it are people that are not keen on Dry Aged Steaks. Our waiter ERIC was exceptional, patient and very kind. They took a great family photo of us and even gave us a print out! I never heard of a restaraunt that does this! I would gladly go back here and they even have COMPLIMENTARY VALET! this place has it all! The best part, they accomadated my 2 year old daughter with a high chair, we went to Matro's downtown and they are not very family friendly (read my review) This location really has it together! Thank you!

Reviewed August 16, 2013

The Capital Grille was recommended to us and we ended up going with a couple of our friends. Everything was excellent and everyone loved their food. Would definitely go back again.

Reviewed August 2, 2013

While a very nice atmosphere and the promise of a great dinner I'm sorry to say that it is just average. Our service was fine (not great, not bad) the steak was cooked very well although not as flavorful as expected. All sides were very good and the desert was happily consumed. The atmosphere was acceptable if you overlook the company meeting going on in the next room.
Possibly my expectations were unreasonable, but for the expense I expected a bit more.

1  Thank cclark72
Reviewed July 12, 2013

We went to Capital Grille for a mid-week birthday dinner--small, just a family of four. How lovely! The table was strewn with rose petals and we were given a complimentary champagne toast when seated. On the table was a hand-signed birthday card and each staff member made sure to say Happy Birthday. Our meal was superb: steaks cooked to order to perfection, a very nice halibut special, and some really nice fresh crab in several dishes. We also did a 7-wine tasting flight, well-matched to our courses. Then our waiter brought out (complimentary, beautifully presented birthday) dessert and took a family photo. All done very well, with subtlety and great attention to detail. Thank you, Capital Grille.