“Great food but you pay for it”
Review of The Capital Grille

The Capital Grille
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 191 Restaurants in Lombard
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Description: You are cordially invited to join us for an evening or afternoon of relaxed elegance and exceptional cuisine. Our impressive menu of nationally renowned dry aged steaks and the freshest of seafood will ignite your culinary imagination as our award-winning wine list of more than 5,000 bottles awakens your inner sommelier. And as our gracious, knowledgeable servers delight you with their uncanny ability to anticipate your every need, you’ll experience firsthand why the American Culinary Federation recently bestowed upon us their “Achievement of Excellence Award.” Whether you’re celebrating a special occasion or hosting a business luncheon or dinner, we can help you flawlessly pull off any private dining event. Our team has extensive experience and the ideal materials to work with—a capital setting, distinctive food and unmatched service.
Reviewed May 4, 2012

Stopped in without a reservation and were seated promptly. The restaurant is fairly open and very noisy. The food is of a quality to attract people that might want a quiet romantic dinner but this restaurant can't really provide that.

The service here was incredible. Our waiter (Niko) was extremely attentive and professional. I also have to say the employee that refilled our water glasses did a great job. I know it sounds odd to single out an employee for that but this guy was on the ball, very professional.

The entrees here are all ala carte, ie the salads and side dishes are separate. A selection of warm breads was provided which was excellent. The salads were the only weak spot of the meal. My wife's spinach salad was just average as was my wedge salad with bleu cheese. They don't seem to take the same level of attention with the salads as they do with the rest of the meal. We shared a side dish of mashed potatoes which were superb.

The steaks were great. My wife had the sliced filet ordered medium which was prepared and cooked perfectly. I had the filet mignon ordered medium but was really cooked well done. I am not that picky as long as it's not raw so enjoyed the steak very much anyway.

All in all excellent food and service but the place is pricey so can't give more than average for value.

Reviewed April 18, 2012

I am usually a huge fan of the Capital Grille but this one is just average. Was there on a business dinner. Food was OK. The Calamari is the best thing I had. The Raw tuna as good but to many sweet dipping sauces. The others at my table had Steak and no one was Wow'd. Service was very average. Our waiter's attitude came across insincere. I was in shock to say the least. I have been to 6 Capital Grille's across the country and have always had excellent meals. If you have the time pass this one by and go to the one in downtown Chicago and you we have one of the best meals and service of your life. Lombard needs to bring up the food and service to Capital Grille Standards. Again, Average, but for the prices you pay it should be Wow!

2  Thank Karkman
Reviewed April 16, 2012

My husband & I have eaten at the Lombard Capital Grille several times and every time, it exceeds expectations. Their wines are excellent, sevice is WELL above par, and the food is fantastic.

We first visited for our 1st Anniversary Dinner and the dinner blew me away! They greeted us with a Happy Anniversary card and had red rose petals sprinkled over the table. Then after a fabulous dinner (complete with devoted table-side service), they offered us this beautiful butter cookie with ice cream. Wow! They even took a photo to commemorate the occassion and placed it in a paper photo holder. Highly recommend this restaurant for any special occassion, they really made us feel like the occassion that it was!!

We have been to this restaurant for lunch and 3 other dinners (one of which was during restaurant week - what a value!!!) since the first visit and have nothing bad to say about any of those visits. The waiters / waitresses are VERY friendly and VERY well trained. They are professional and memorable. The same can be said about the food - fresh ingredients, great flavor, and always perfectly prepared. From start to finish (dessert is also highly recommended), this is a fantastic restaurant experience. It is a tad on the "expensive" side, but I have spent the same amount of cash on poor service / poor food in the area, so I don't mind paying for this caliber of a dining experience.

Well worth a visit - you shouldn't be disappointed; we never are! Enjoy!

Reviewed April 12, 2012

I've been here a couple of times for work recently. Bartenders are excellent - very personable and attentive. Had one good experience with a server in the dining room and another that was not so much (inattentive and then spilled wine on my boss). However, food is very nice and consistently good. Would definitely return.

Reviewed February 27, 2012

Everything we've had on their menu is delicious, but be prepared to pay through the nose for it.