“Disappointing food and service”

Maxfields Pancake House
Ranked #48 of 189 Restaurants in Lombard
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed September 3, 2013

We told the greeter that this was our first visit. Lunch. The four of us ordered soft drinks and coffee. We asked for a bread basket or some kind of bread. No. Crackers? Not available.

Our entres came with soup. Cream of chicken soup. Period. No other choices. The waitress dropped each bowl of white soup with the announcement: "Cream of Chicken...Cream of Chicken"....you get the idea. The soup never saw a chicken. It was bland and ricey.

My pieces of grilled pork were dry. My salad was O.K. but I would never order the Greek salad again: The dressing never saw a Greek, either.

The other entres were ordinary.

Three times the greeter (owner) interrupted our lunch by coming to our table to announce that since this was our first time at the restaurant, he was going to explain that dinner is served on the weekends. He thought we should come back for the dinner experience and left the dinner menu. Each time when he came to our table with a big smile on his face, I thought he might be interested in what we thought of the food. He was so ingratiating that I thought maybe he was going to offer us a cookie or something for desert. But, no.

Walking to the car, one of my friends asked, "Would you come here again?" The queston was followed by a chorus of mumbled "nevers."

2  Thank Realsig

Reviewed June 30, 2013

When you don't have something nice to say, the old adage is don't say anything. Unless you are over 70 years old and Trip Advisor means a paper map to you, better options are plentiful in the 10 mile area. Very Stiff competition of restaurants locally in Lombard and Oak Brook.. Note: The above picture of the restaurant is of a completely different restaurant and this location is not associated with other Maxfields of the same name, New owners and sincerely wish them well with their default target maket of seniors.

Open limited hours during the week.

Reviewed March 16, 2013 via mobile

Went for breakfast while on the area. Had a delicious skillet and my son had biscuits and gravy. Both were excellent. Service from our waitress, Amy, was top notch. Prices were what you would expect for the area. Restaurant was very clean compared to most other similar places. This place is not fancy but was just what we were looking for. Will be back!

Reviewed March 14, 2013

Have been her many times but not in a few months. Has always been great food and service but today was not on either counts. Was there on business and wasn't paying so couldn't really say anything. Food was brought and was not hot. Clearly had sat for a bit before we got it. Server never asked if we needed anything else and we didn't realize we didn't have silverware until after she left from delivering our food. Had to track someone else down-she never came back. Had to ask for coffee refills because she never asked about that either. they will get one more chance to redeem themselves then I will take my business to one of the many other breakfast places in teh area.

Reviewed November 23, 2012

I had lunch there. Cup of soup, 6 portion sandwich, and fries for 8.50. It was a lunch special. Very good food. Many people were walking out with dog bags(me included!) This was down from my hotel I stayed at.