“Love this Hampton”

Hampton Inn Litchfield
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Litchfield
Reviewed July 28, 2010

have stayed here several times over the past couple of years as we have family events in the area. I travel and stay in many hotels, and this is still one of my favorites. the only negative is the noise of the interstate, but you kind of get used to it. The rooms/beds are great, actually nicer than the rooms I get in more upscale properties, the staff is great, I always feel welcome.

Stayed: April 2010, traveled with family

Reviewed July 16, 2010

This was a very nice hotel --with a very unfortunate location.
We stayed here despite the reviews about the noise. It was very reasonably priced and located conveniently for us.
I did have a chuckle when we got in the room--there was a packet of earplugs on the nightstand. How many hotels provide THAT? :)
Well, we bring our own anyways because frankly its usually PEOPLE that we have trouble with noise from. And yes, the traffic was LOUD. But, for us, it was no problem, because I always use earplugs anyway. I was not aware of traffic noise with them in. I did however still have the DOORSLAMMER in the room next to me, and this did bother me. No idea why people just let a door slam over and over. Idiots. But, I digress. The hotel was clean, nice staff, and low rates. I will stay next time I'm through.
If you can't or won't wear earplugs, better to find someplace else.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 22, 2010

Had a bday party. Family got stuck on elevator for 45 min. Manager was rude and mad because of this so kicked us out with no refund even though they have a 100 percent satisfaction guarantee. Corporate office was also rude when I asked for my money back. The Elevator was not safe when the emergency keys did not work.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank BeccaBoo62056
Reviewed February 2, 2010

Nice enough hotel, EXCEPT it is located no more than 100 feet from I55.

There WILL be the constand drone of 18 wheelers roaring by 24 hrs/day.

Plus the heater/aircon makes a very loud clicking noise every time it cycles on/off.

After 3 hours of sleep from 4-7AM my first night there, I bought earplugs and a bottle of Melatonin from Walgreens and managed a solid 5 hours of sleep the next night.

Next time I'll be staying at the Holiday Inn, which is located what must be a blissful 1/4 mile from the highway.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed September 17, 2009

Stayed one night. Hotel is clean and well maintained. Probably what you would expect from a Hampton Inn. Very good breakfast. Unfortunately it is located very close to the interstate highway. If you are sensitive to traffic noise I would suggest you look elsewhere.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled solo
Reviewed August 19, 2009

I stayed for one night, picked by location and value. Loved that all the rooms were non-smoking. Quick check-in at 5:30 p.m., quick checkout the next day. Room was clean, with attractive furniture and furnishings. Older carpet, but it was clean. Comfortable bed. Quiet.

Half an hour after checkin the front desk staff called to make sure that the room was OK and that I had everything I needed, an extra touch that I appreciated.

Easy to see and find, right off the freeway. There's a Ruby Tuesday's within walking distance for eating, plus fast food places nearby.

The breakfast was just OK, nothing special - bagels, cereal, bread, juices, hot sausage patties and not very good french toast sticks, mini-pastries.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled solo
Reviewed May 24, 2009

Love every Hampton Inn I've stayed in, this is another great one!
The staff put up with our large family and accomodated our every need.
We look forward to our next visit.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled with family