“Very nice room”

Hampton Inn Litchfield
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Litchfield
Reviewed April 15, 2012

Nicest and cleanest room we've had in a while. Love the duvet cover. Bit of noise from the highway.

• Stayed: April 2012
There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn Litchfield

Reviewed April 11, 2012

My husband and I stayed at this hotel last week-end for one night (Friday). We booked the hotel through the Hampton Inn Website on our phone while on the road that afternoon. I checked prices through other websites and through the Hampton using my AAA Membership discount of 10%, and they were comparable at $89.00 plus tax, so I went through the Hampton Inn to get my Hilton Honors points.

It is very conveniently located, from I-55, take Litchfield Exit turn left onto Corvette Dr. Take another left at Thunderbird Circle and hotel is straight ahead.

We had room 303, two queens (since the king was quite a bit higher), n/s room, right off of the elevator. This room is a very good location. We could barely hear the traffic noise from the interstate nearby. We had just purchased a used Bass boat at a nearby town and it did not have a cover, so we were a little concerned about where we would park it overnight since it had electronics and other items visable. We parked the truck/boat in the circular drive owned by the hotel. Everything was as we left it the next morning. It also helped that we could look out our window and see our vehicle anytime. We were apprehensive about parking our boat/truck at a hotel in the St. Louis area overnight, so we chose Litchfield because it is a smaller community about an hour outside of St. Louis, and it worked out perfectly.

As far as the hotel is concerned. Check in was great. The lady at the desk was very nice. She made sure I got HH credit for our stay. She recommended we park our truck/boat in the circular driveway, so that really helped us. We used the cart to take our things up to our room. The hotel looks brand new. We were very pleased with our choice. I can see why they get a AAA 3 Diamond rating. It was so clean. I really appreciate the fact that Hampton advertises they wash the duvet covers and sheets (of course) after every guest stay. With so many properties, you have no idea when the bedspread/duvet was last washed. We stay at a lot of hotels and Hampton Inn is at the top of my list due to this fact alone. The beds were very comfortable. We slept well. The bathrooms are very nice with a marble countertop vanity. It has a spa feel. The towels were very nice and fluffy with the standarad travel size complimentary shampoo, conditioner and lotion bottles. There was a microwave and refrigerator in the room. We are very picky when it comes to cleanliness and comfort, and we honestly could not complain about a thing with this room.

This is a pet friendly hotel. We did not have our dog with us, but it is good to know such nice properties allow pets up to 75 pounds with a $50 refundable deposit.

As far as the amenities are concerned, we did not use the pool or work-out facility, but I did take a few pictures of them (see photos). The breakfast area is very nice. When we arrived for check-in, we were a little hungry, so we had a banana and coffee. There were oranges, apples and bananas there, as well as coffee, tea and hot chocolate. My husband also grabbed a couple small tubs of peanut butter for a little protein. We did eat breakfast the following morning before hitting the road. They had a waffle maker (very good), pre-made omelets (Just OK, a little watery), smoked sausage pieces (just OK), cereals, oatmeal, pastries, bagels, muffins, juices, coffee, milk, tea, etc.. I watch my sugar consumption, and the sugar free maple syrup is appreciated. They offer a complimentary USA Today for guests, which is a nice touch.

We checked out on the television and left the room keys in the room. Our receipt was placed under the door early morning, so check out was a breeze. We would definitely stay at this hotel again. I would highly recommend this hotel if you are in need of a good night's sleep when in the Litchfield area!

Room Tip: We liked room 303, right off of the elevator, quiet and can see the back parking lot.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 12, 2012

Nice enough room, a little pricey, but comparable to anyplace else I called. Nice big shower! No tub, but we didn't care. The bed was comfy. The highway noise in the evening seemed to be overwhelming but oddly after we closed the curtains and went to bed we didn't really hear it anymore.
My only complaint is that I followed the instructions for the green DO NOT CHANGE LINENS. Made my own bed, hung towels up. Got back that afternoon and found clean bedding and towels. Oh well. But then I discovered that while they were doing what I didn't want done they didn't do what needed to be done. Plastic glasses not replaced. No coffee for the next morning. Odd.
Breakfast was okay and the little breakfast area was comfortable and had a TV on with morning news. Eggs (hard to make good eggs in quantity, sadly), ham or sausage, potatoes. Waffle maker, muffins, fruit, GREAT oatmeal. It was filling enough to last us through the morning and into the afternoon. Oh, and there was a refrigerator and microwave in the room.
I would stay here again. Oh, and they are pet friendly and our little Llewellin Setter much appreciated the comfort and peace after a round of quail hunting!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank PiperGirl248
Reviewed March 11, 2012

Best hotel in area. Great beds and breakfast. However they would not give out military discounts! Kind of a bummer for a nation at war.

• Stayed: March 2012
1  Thank Johndavis92
Reviewed January 14, 2012

VERY close to interstate so truck noise all night long. Breakfast was not that great, but not bad enough to drive us to elsewhere. Rooms clean, front desk friendly

• Stayed: January 2012
1  Thank dwdwWausau_Wi
Reviewed October 26, 2011

I have done several week long stays at this hotel. Very convenient location right off of I-55. Litchfield is a perfect location if you are doing business in the local area. Lot's of restaurants in the area. People at the hotel are super nice and very helpful. And the free breakfast is really excellent, actually much better than many of the local restaurants. The rooms are nice and the lobby is large with a big breakfast seating area. Now the one big warning, it's right next to the highway. Other reviewers have given advise on room selection so you don't here the noise. My advise is slightly different. The floor doesn't real matter, and the odd number thing doesn't really work. What matter is what end of the floor you are on. The way the building is angled the room from 15/16 on any floor are closer to the highway. So you want to be in rooms 1 -14 on any floor.

Room Tip: Do not book a room on any floor past 15/16 as you may hear highway noise
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank pbuntrock
Reviewed October 7, 2011

Nice property and convenient access on and off I-55. Rates were very competitive. Morning breakfast was good and nice selection of food. Very clean and comfortable hotel. The only drawback I noticed, was its closeness to the highway. There was some noise from the highway, especially noticeable at night when TV was off. A very nice touch, was the hand written note that was slipped under the door thanking us for staying with them. They made us feel very welcome.

Room Tip: I always select a non-smoking room.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank garbo63
Also consider these accommodations in or near Litchfield
Baymont Inn & Suites Litchfield
#1 of 1 in Hamel
CarlinVilla Motel
CarlinVilla Motel
#2 of 2 in Carlinville

Been to Hampton Inn Litchfield? Share your experiences!