“Great desserts”
Review of Ariston Cafe

Ariston Cafe
Ranked #1 of 35 Restaurants in Litchfield
Cuisines: Diner
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Plano, TX
“Great desserts”
Reviewed July 9, 2013

Stopped here after having dinner further up Route 66, but it was a must stop.

Based on the number of tables filled, main courses had to be good. I can only attest to their pies. And they were great.

Had a wonderful conversation with Nick (2nd generation owner). Customers from 60 nationalities stopped there last year. Its an international favorite.

• Visited July 2013

Devon,UK
“Stopped for dessert on 66”
Reviewed July 2, 2013

When we arrived at the Ariston, Sunday lunch was just coming to an end but we were welcomed with open arms, invited to sign the 66 visitors book, had our photo taken and were given a postcard and fridge magnet! And we only had dessert! It was absolutely delicious and we were sorry we didn't have time to stay for longer - American hospitality at its best!

• Visited May 2013
San Diego, California
“Take pictures but drive on by.”
Reviewed June 29, 2013

I know it is an iconic Route 66 restaurant. At first I was excited to try this place. I was greeted by the owner. I had on a Santa Monica Route 66 shirt and at first he was friendly. He asked me if I bought the shirt from a vendor down there he mentioned by name. I told him I don't think so as it was a year ago and I thought it was a woman. He then said, "You probably didn't as he only sells American." The quickly walked away from me. I knew right then I should leave. But I was on a high coming off our first day on the road. I brushed it off, one bitter old man will not spoil this for me. Our waitress was an older gal, who was very good at what she does. I wish I could remember her name, as she was the only high point of this place. We ordered salmon, which was under cooked and the green beans were obviously canned and soggy. Look I get it, I'm from California, I'm spoiled I get fresh fish and green beans regularly, but they will continue to be a little cafe with no hope of ever being anything other than that if they don't change how there food is prepared. Don't eat here. Take pictures, tell the owner your American and love the Yankees or something, schmooze, but eat at Denny's. Your palette and stomach will thank you.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank kickingitontoute66
Litchfield, IL
“Historic”
Reviewed May 31, 2013

We have eaten there two times in the last 6 years. The second time there one of us commented to the server that the seafood did not really taste good. She took it to the kitchen and came back with it, telling me the owner did not find anything wrong with it. I consider that very inconsiderate of a paying customer.

4 Thank Sue J
Higginsville, Missouri
“Delicious food along Route 66!!!”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Excellent wait staff, food was excellent, desserts - many homemade selections. The term cafe leads you to think sandwich shop, not even close. Expansive menu, with prime rib as their specialty.

• Visited May 2013