“Overall, clean.”

Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Litchfield
Memphis, Tennessee
“Overall, clean.”
Reviewed March 2, 2009

Entry access to hotel was confusing. Extended check-in though reservations were made well in advance. PR is lacking. You want to believe that you could have caught someone on a bad day. Clean, yet SMALL room. Unusual 'closet-like' breakfast serving area limiting access to single serve area. Overall, clean.

• Stayed November 2008, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
duluth, mn
Reviewed February 19, 2009

We were on the road and the GPS came in handy with the number for holiday inn express, I called and talked to wayne, everybody was sleeping in the vehicle except for me, did not have access to my credit card but wayne said he would save the room for me. I expained we would be there in about an hour it was 3am. Wayne greeted us and I checked in what great service and the hotel was like brand new great breakfast and the room clean.

• Stayed January 2009, traveled with family
Knoxville, Tennessee
Reviewed November 21, 2008

Very hard at night to find way to get into hotel. It is behind the main road and the only access is down the street and you have to watch out for others driving thru parking lot to get to resturant.

Booked Hotel since a member of Priority Club, thought that they might recognize platinum membership status. Guess not! Upon walking into hotel I had to wait 10 min for the hostess to get off the phone. Apparently only one computer worked and she was using it, then the printer wouldn't print out paperwork. (Should have already been done, the whole reason for membership status.) So had to wait even longer.

The room they gave me was on the backside of the elevator! Therefore I didn't get very much sleep in the cramped room, and even smaller bathroom. Not enough room in there to move around. Upon driving around town I did find a Hampton Inn that I should have stayed at, it was easier to get into and looked alot nicer. If I'm ever back in this area I know I'll choose the Hampton.

Breakfast Area was too small and actual food was in closet like area at back of sitting area, only one person could go in at a time and feel comfortable.

• Stayed November 2008, traveled on business
1 Thank Chry68
Bloomington, IL
Reviewed August 5, 2008

The hotel property at first glance is just decent but the staff on the other hand needs some sort of a make over.
Checking into the property was a mess. The gentleman responsible for checking me and my party into the hotel argued with me when I insisted on taking care of the charges with cash, I also had my debt card on file so I did not understand what the dilemma was. Throughout the night I caught this same gentleman walking around the outside of my room, which was located on one of the upper levels.
The gentleman made me feel uneasy and not welcomed, I do not understand why hotels recently keep people like this on staff.

• Liked — The location
  • Disliked — The staff
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled on business
South Central, PA
Reviewed November 25, 2007

It's always a wonderful surprise to find such a nice, clean, well apointed hotel right off the interstate. HIE Litchfield provides everything a tired traveler needs. Internet access worked perfectly. The fridge and microwave in my standard room were a nice surprise as well. I love HIE bedding, and this hotel has done a great job upgrading to all the new HIE standards (bedding, shower heads, cinnamon rolls). Breakfast in the morning was above and beyond what I expected. The previous mentioned cinnamon rolls were greatly enjoyed, and I was surprised to find mini-egg omlets. Believe it or not, they were delicious. The hotel's pool and hot tub were very relaxing. The glass enclosure makes the indoor pool feel like it's outside, but it also enables the pool to be in use during those cold midwestern winters.

In terms of location, it's easy on and easy off of I-55. It's close to both Springfield, IL and St. Louis, MO. I even drove to St. Louis for dinner, which was a real treat.

Thanks HIE LItchfield- you have a first class hotel.

• Liked — Rooms, Pool, Breakfast, Location
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Stevens Point, WIsconsin
Reviewed August 20, 2007

Our family was headed to Branson, Missouri (from WI) and decided to stay somewhere for a night to break up the trip a bit. While eating at a place in Mendota, Illinois, we picked up a Travel Buddy magazine containing disount coupons for places to stay in the midwest. Fortunate for us we found this place. Not only was our room reasonably priced, it was generous in size and the beds were very comfortable. The room also contained a fridge, microwave, and coffeemaker. The service was great and the entire hotel was very clean, including the swimmng area, which also had a very nice tropical atmosphere to it. One of the best parts of our stay was the warm continental breakfast that was served. Though Litchfield is off the beaten path, we'd stay at this hotel again in a heartbeat!

Stayed August 2007
1 Thank JParsons
iowa
Reviewed December 3, 2006

Due to a bad ice storm we had to spend the night in Litchfield off of I-55 just past Springfield. The Hol Inn Exp was a great hotel, with micro and fridge in rooms. Bedding and towels all seemed new and rooms were very clean. The breakfast was standard Hol Inn Express with those WONDERFUL warm cinnamon rolls as well as some cheese omelette type eggs and saugage, cereals, rolls, juices, etc. There was a computer that guests could use for internet access (no charge). Located near several fast food as well as Ruby Tuesdays, Walmart and several gas stations. While looking for the Dairy Queen (which is closed for the winter) we found The Ice Cream Man shop which was really good!

• Stayed November 2006, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Litchfield
Quality Inn
#1 of 1 in Hamel
Super 8 Staunton
Super 8 Staunton
#1 of 1 in Staunton

Been to Baymont Inn & Suites Litchfield? Share your experiences!