“Great well run property, but.....”

Baymont Inn & Suites Litchfield
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Litchfield
Standish, Maine
“Great well run property, but.....”
Reviewed November 29, 2012

I feel a bit bad warning off people from this property as it is one of the better HIE properties and is very well run. The bad part is the location, right along a very busy rail line. About every 30 minutes another train came through. If you are at all a light sleeper you'll probably have to head further up or down I-55 to avoid the train noise. I can't image any of the properties adjacent to this exit are immune.

Room Tip: I suspect rooms facing the front parking lot may be a bit quieter.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Litchfield, responded to this review, December 12, 2012
Dear DJ-USA,

Thank you for taking time out of your busy day to leave us a candid review. I apologize for any inconvenience you experienced due to the noise. While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we would hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Karen G.
IHGCare

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Fish Creek, Wisconsin
Reviewed November 15, 2012

A great value and a nice place for a road side stop along the way to St. Louis. We had a very nice comfortable room. Breakfast was included and free wi-fi too. We had a comfortable nights sleep and hit the road the next morning and got right to St. Louis right away the next day.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Frederiksberg, Denmark
Reviewed October 28, 2012

The room was nice in both size and color scheme. The colors were kept in brown, beige and red. The centerpiece was a huge king size bed – the kind that you only find in the States; huge and high. The furniture was on the other hand a bit dull, except for a red toned armchair in the far end of the room.

The entrance of the room was kind of funny, because one side of the small hall was a part of the bathroom with a huge mirror and a sink. Opposite there was an entrance to the bathroom, so the sink also functioned as an open kitchen with a fridge underneath the mirror.

The room felt really nice and the Wi-Fi was quite fast and enjoyed using it. The hotel provided me with a good night sleep and I must say I seldom get disappointed at Holiday Inn Express in the States.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
San Diego, California
Reviewed October 27, 2012

Nice, clean but please invest in some new bedding and PILLOWS! Your guests will be very appreciative!! Other than the bedding, the rest of the place was just fine for me. I stayed a week and it's good to have the Denny's restaurant right next to it.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Mount Prospect
Reviewed August 4, 2012

I have been staying at this Holiday Inn Express at least once every July and August for about 6 years now when traveling from Chicago to Mountain Home, Arkansas. This is by far the nicest, cleanest place with fantastic beds. The bedding is wonderful. This time I was traveling with my two teens and my little 3 year old, and in the second room was my parents with my two small nephews. This place has THE BEST pool. It is not just the standard rectangle in a small windowless room. The pool is tiled and there are lovely murals and fish artwork dangling from the ceiling. Oh, and the pool is immaculate--much cleaner than our pool at our house! The lady who prepares the breakfast bar is very nice and watches over to make sure there is plenty of hot fresh food. I like this place so much that I'd almost prefer staying there a few nights than getting back in the car to drive. Front desk staff--platinum. Treats everyone with kindness and respect. Some of the other reviews complain about loud air conditioners or stuff like that and all I can say is, look, this is not the four seasons. It is a fantastic value for the money. My two teenagers sat on their bed with their laptops and enjoyed the wireless internet. It's true that there is a train track behind the hotel, and while I heard trains a couple times it didn't bother me. Litchfield is a nice little town.

Room Tip: There are rooms available with whirlpool in room with one king bed if you're traveling as a coup...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Skanderborg, Denmark
Reviewed July 2, 2012

Well, the hotel is nice and the service is good. BUT the air conditioner in our room was loud (one of those with an box inside the room) and was just next to one of the beds...!!! Get another room and you can enjoy this hotel.

Room Tip: My only complain is that the air conditioner is loud and placed right next to one of the beds...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Litchfield, responded to this review, August 5, 2012
Dear Michael H,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We appreciate your nice comment regarding our property and the good service.

However, We’re sorry about the loud air conditioner in your room. I understand the discomfort this caused you. Again, I do apologize and regret that this impacted your experience at our hotel. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Orlando A.
ofallon mo
Reviewed May 20, 2012

Checked in at midnight may 17 2012 after an exhausting day. If loud trains and train whistles do not bother you all through the night and into the next morning the the Holiday Inn Express Litchfield Il will work great for you
The location and hotel itself are good
Will ask in the future if there are trains that run through the night
Had to reschedule a phone conference call the next morning due to the regular train noise

• Stayed June 2011
, Guest Relations Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Litchfield, responded to this review, June 30, 2012
Dear binlady,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your experience with us. I'm delighted to hear that our hotel and location suited you well. We work diligently to ensure our facilities are well maintained and we try our hardest to provide not just good value, but comfortable, clean and friendly accommodations. I would like to offer a sincere apology for the inconvenience the train noise had caused you. Though I would prefer you had a better experience at our hotel, I would like to thank you for sharing your thoughts and I hope you will give us the opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Joel B
IHGCare
Also consider these accommodations in or near Litchfield
Quality Inn
#1 of 1 in Hamel
Super 8 Staunton
Super 8 Staunton
#1 of 1 in Staunton

Been to Baymont Inn & Suites Litchfield? Share your experiences!