“Mostly good Mexican fare”

No photo provided
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed September 11, 2012

El Mex, as we call it, is our go to place for take-out Mexican food. We normally get the burritos which are ginormous. I got the steak burrito the first couple of times, but was dissatisfied with the quality of the beef; it was too grizzly for my taste. I switched to the chicken burrito and am very happy with that selection. My wife always gets the steak burrito.

The nacho chips are OK, not great. They're better than store bought chips, but not as good as others I've had that are made in the restaurant. (My favorite are those at Pappasitos in Texas.)

Reviewed April 23, 2012

Great local place. It's small; about 4 booths, a few tables and the atmosphere is..shall we say ...the place has character. Good food fast.

1  Thank Frank N
Reviewed January 9, 2012

I found this place as I went to college right down the street, how lucky my fellow students and I were! This place has authentic Mexican fare, and you get so much for your buck! It is delicious, and the fact that it is open late makes it a great pit stop for the weekends, during a finals cram session, etc. Inside, it is not too large for dining in, although you can of course, but we always ordered to go and were waiting maybe five minutes tops. Everyone inside is friendly as well.

Overall, this place is always a good decision!

Reviewed November 30, 2011

This place is awesome!!!!!! I have a hard time finding mexican food this good since I moved to Texas, if that tells you anything. The food is as great for lunch as it is at 2am.

Reviewed September 26, 2011

We were hungry after our late flight, and my friend spotted this restaurant on our way to the hotel. I was skeptic to enter into it, but I did not have any regrets when getting out. The food was very good and fresh even at 9:30 PM, and the service was excellent. Their salsa was very diffrent and hot, when compared to other mexican restaurants I have been to. I would highly recommend to anyone who loves Mexican Food.

1  Thank VasuRaj